Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
36 replies   2232 views

What's your take?

Poll ended at 1 year ago

Too easy - Figured it out right away. (12%)
Just right - Took some thinking but I believe I know the correct answer. (56%)
Too hard - I don't even know where to start. (32%)
This is just an all around dumb idea. (0%)
No votes
Total votes: 25
Total votes: 25

Description

Wrath accompanied me on heaven's quest. Fallen. Twisted by darkness. The fool had warned me. Now abandoned, roaming in terrible form. Sought out by all. The highest of the three. Who am I?

Hint: you may not wish to post the answer here!

After having done a fair few random give-away games here in the past, I've decided it is time for something a little more creative and less a matter of lucky timing. To match, the stakes are higher!

1st place: Enigma
2nd place:
Ber

3rd place:
Stone of Jordan

In 2 days, on Saturday the 28th at 5pm CET / 11am EST, I will be posting a game name in this topic. You have until then to figure out the riddle above as the password to the game will be the answer to the riddle. I myself will be hidden somewhere in that game, in a random place (that can be reached without
Teleport
) and will not move from that spot for the entirety of the game. From the posting of the game name here, you have 1 hour to join and find me. The first person to find me will see me dropping an Enigma for them to keep. Once the second person arrives, I will drop a
Ber
rune. And once the third arrives, I will drop a
Stone of Jordan

Since the game is inherently limited to 8 players (=7 contestants + myself), it is in your best interest to keep the answer to the riddle to yourself after you figure it out. Though to give me an idea of how easy/hard it is (for potential future reference), do feel free to respond to the poll included so I know where to go from here.

Do note, the game will be on PC, Europe, softcore ladder, nightmare difficulty.

To address certain Edge cases for possible abuse that some folks were worried about and to avoid my going home keeping my Enigma, the rules have been adjusted to the following:
- 10 minutes after the game name is announced, I will be revealing the answer to the riddle (i.e. the password) here to ensure we have a full game.
- Once the first person finds me and received their Enigma OR if by some miracle noone found me 50 minutes into it, I will be joining your party/will invite everyone to join me to reveal the zone I am in to you.
- After you checked the zone, you are welcome to leave the party and hostile whomever you wish in order to take out the competition. Please do unhostile me again though so you don't accidentally kill me (see further down as to why). Note: You MAY hostile others, you do not have to. After all, it does also come with disadvantages vs. just staying in the party.
- While I would prefer the winner(s) to leave and let further prizes trickle down to #2 and #3 respectively, you are technically allowed to stay and fight for it. I won't drop the
Ber
/SoJ until #2/#3 are the closest person to me so if you do decide to fight for another shot, keep your distance or there won't be any loot.
- If someone kills me (again: just unhostile me after you hostile others) then everyone close enough to me to realistically be part of the cause is disqualified from any loot I haven't dropped yet. I will then remain dead to see who the next person to arrive is and they will receive the winnings in town afterwards.
- If someone does kill me before prizes are dropped OR I am not found until the 50 minute mark, the
Ber
is removed from the prize pool. Enigma remains the #1 prize,
Stone of Jordan
becomes #2.
- If there is any confusion or discussion as to who did what and why someone should or should not be disqualified or who was where first or possible necessary adjustments on the fly or literally anything else, I will have final say in the matter. I will be objective but if for example 2 people happen to get there at just about the same time after someone else killed me, it will simply be about whom I saw get there first. Also, if you're just generally being a dick for some reason, don't expect me to drop anything for you.
Description by Schnorki

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Wrath accompanied me on heaven's quest. Fallen. Twisted by darkness. The fool had warned me. Now abandoned, roaming in terrible form. Sought out by all. The highest of the three. Who am I?

Hint: you may not wish to post the answer here!

After having done a fair few random give-away games here in the past, I've decided it is time for something a little more creative and less a matter of lucky timing. To match, the stakes are higher!

1st place: Enigma
2nd place:
Ber

3rd place:
Stone of Jordan

In 2 days, on Saturday the 28th at 5pm CET / 11am EST, I will be posting a game name in this topic. You have until then to figure out the riddle above as the password to the game will be the answer to the riddle. I myself will be hidden somewhere in that game, in a random place (that can be reached without
Teleport
) and will not move from that spot for the entirety of the game. From the posting of the game name here, you have 1 hour to join and find me. The first person to find me will see me dropping an Enigma for them to keep. Once the second person arrives, I will drop a
Ber
rune. And once the third arrives, I will drop a
Stone of Jordan

Since the game is inherently limited to 8 players (=7 contestants + myself), it is in your best interest to keep the answer to the riddle to yourself after you figure it out. Though to give me an idea of how easy/hard it is (for potential future reference), do feel free to respond to the poll included so I know where to go from here.

Do note, the game will be on PC, Europe, softcore ladder, nightmare difficulty.

To address certain Edge cases for possible abuse that some folks were worried about and to avoid my going home keeping my Enigma, the rules have been adjusted to the following:
- 10 minutes after the game name is announced, I will be revealing the answer to the riddle (i.e. the password) here to ensure we have a full game.
- Once the first person finds me and received their Enigma OR if by some miracle noone found me 50 minutes into it, I will be joining your party/will invite everyone to join me to reveal the zone I am in to you.
- After you checked the zone, you are welcome to leave the party and hostile whomever you wish in order to take out the competition. Please do unhostile me again though so you don't accidentally kill me (see further down as to why). Note: You MAY hostile others, you do not have to. After all, it does also come with disadvantages vs. just staying in the party.
- While I would prefer the winner(s) to leave and let further prizes trickle down to #2 and #3 respectively, you are technically allowed to stay and fight for it. I won't drop the
Ber
/SoJ until #2/#3 are the closest person to me so if you do decide to fight for another shot, keep your distance or there won't be any loot.
- If someone kills me (again: just unhostile me after you hostile others) then everyone close enough to me to realistically be part of the cause is disqualified from any loot I haven't dropped yet. I will then remain dead to see who the next person to arrive is and they will receive the winnings in town afterwards.
- If someone does kill me before prizes are dropped OR I am not found until the 50 minute mark, the
Ber
is removed from the prize pool. Enigma remains the #1 prize,
Stone of Jordan
becomes #2.
- If there is any confusion or discussion as to who did what and why someone should or should not be disqualified or who was where first or possible necessary adjustments on the fly or literally anything else, I will have final say in the matter. I will be objective but if for example 2 people happen to get there at just about the same time after someone else killed me, it will simply be about whom I saw get there first. Also, if you're just generally being a dick for some reason, don't expect me to drop anything for you.
Very cool idea Schnorki! Sadly I will be away this weekend but I wish everyone the best of luck on this quest.

Can trade on PC and PlayStation.

Necrarch 1616Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Same constraint + NL but cool giveaway

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Nate 539

Switch
I like it! Iā€™m offline, so canā€™t participate, but Iā€™ll pm you what I think is the answer (once I think it through). Hope everyone has fun!
I will not be able to participate either so I'll have to guess through PM as well, but I do like the idea.

I don't want to give anything away assuming I'm correct so I'll PM you a thought and let you post however you wish.
OP

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Since it has been brought up:
D2R passwords aren't case sensitive (on PC at least) so you don't have to worry about that part.

Apart from that though, spelling will obviously have to be correct. ;)
In and

you may wanna disable 'friend' auto join (should be disabled for game creator) but not sure if friends of people joining in can auto join if they have it set to 'auto'.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
OP

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
The setting is per game and will obviously be turned off. Plus I'll be offline because otherwise even without friend join, those on my list who make it in would see my act and hence have an unfair advantage. Don't worry, that's all been accounted for. :)
OP

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Also, seeing how a surprising amount of people have reached out to me already with their guesses:
You really don't need to do that. For obvious reasons, I will neither confirm nor deny your answer, even if I know that you yourself likely won't be able to join in. Though I will post the correct solution here after we have our winners.

I will say however that I am somewhat surprised by just how many different (largely well argued) answers I've heard by now. Only one of them at most can be the correct one so feel free to keep thinking and prepare more than one option to cycle through when trying to join.
OP

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Alright, in response to worries expressed by a number of people and my not wanting to go home keeping my Enigma, the rules and challenge design have been adjusted.

Please see the original post for said updates.
OP

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
With 15 minutes to go, I suppose this is as good a time as any to let you know that who you will be looking for is an easy to recognize golden sorceress named "Arda".
(Yes, that's an A1 camp torch; No, I'm not hidden right next to it)
OP

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
And the game name is:

"find arda"
As a reminder, this is a PC, Europe, softcore ladder game.

I'm long hidden so as soon as you get in, start searching!

Good luck to all!
OP

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
As noted, the password will be revealed at the 10 minute mark. Seeing how the game is far from full so far, I suppose that may be necessary after all.
OP

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Wielding the runeblade Azurewrath, I embarked on my quest to destroy the Hellforge. I was overcome. Twisted, by the perverse power of demonic legions. Tyrael had warned against the assault. My jailer has long abandoned me to roam the Plains of Despair, bound to a tortured husk summoned from the Black Abyss. Heroes of Sanctuary seek me out on a quest to improve their skill. For of such three quests upon which they embark, I offer the greatest reward.

I am Izual.

OP

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Admittedly a bit to my surprise, there is still room. And I have yet to be discovered so anyone still has a chance I suppose.
OP

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
And we are done.

Congratulations to @zZorceressTraderz on your new Enigma!
Congratulations to @giannizr on your
Ber
!

And congratulations to @PrincipalOShagH on your new
Stone of Jordan
!

Kudos for keeping it fair and friendly and stepping back to let #2 and #3 collect their winnings in Peace.
Thanks for the hunt! Guess 10 of the 13 responders that thought they had it were too busy :D

For trades: PrincipalO#2775
For DClone/Ubers: ForrestGrump#2731
OP

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Seems that way. :D
Thanks again for the fun game :)
GG.

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...