best-
tomb raider 1 and 2
super metroid
halo
ff 4

worst-
halo 4
tomb raider remastered
While taking a relaxing bath, this thread came back to my mind. Is LoL really the worst game i've ever played? And i must confess, the answer is a clear no. Long buried in a pile of uncomfortable memories, a name came to my mind:

Albion Online

tl;dr: Don't play Albion Online unless you consider sadistic strategies in videogames pleasurable. Otherwise, the non-PVP content is OK, but as soon as you have to go to PVP areas to make progression, stop playing it. Under any circumstance, don't buy the Pay2Win content.

And i have to confess, what nags me the most is that i started this game with the clear knowledge, that it will get crappy and be a waste of time. The only reason i tried it was that it runs natively on Linux. No tinkering around with WINE like with d2r, just install it and play it. So far so good. But what is Albion Online?

Its a classless, open world full loot PVP MMORPG.

Yes, you read right. And the worst thing: You can't
Evade
the PVP aspect of it by conscious playing or solo farm like in d2r hc or just opting out of it and keep farming in Peace. You are forced into behaving like a jerk. There might be people who like that, i'm not one of those, especially because the game gives you, imo, only limited paths to choose after a certain point:

- Buy the pay-to-win content, still farm lower non-pvp areas like 2 months or so, sharing the resources there with obvious bots and then go full lone-wolf pvp with superior equipment ruining the game for your victims. This is actualy the most challenging path in my opinion, as you have to carefully pick targets and abuse situations they're in.

- Buy the pay-to-win content, join one of the guilds and bully down people. Camping, bug-abusing, willingly generating lag, all ok as long as you kill the target. Speaking of guilds: You can imagine what kind of political messages and symbols a lot of those guilds used. A few years have passed since i played it, so maybe they have done something against it.

- Buy the pay-to-win content, try to sneak-farm the PVP Areas with minimal stuff and hope for the best. Be prepared that emotions you're about to encounter will be a mixture of boredom and fear.

- Buy the pay-to-win content, behave in the most phony way to people you make "friends" with. Turn hostile and kill them as soon as its lucrative. Pray they are frustrated enough to quit and not publish your account's name on some forum.

Furthermore, when i played it, the servers where far from being reliable and stable. Two PVP-deaths because of lag were enough to make me quit this. I think the reason for this games focus on PVP is that it keeps the game interesting for a lot of people with minimal content addition necessary. It certainly has its right to exist.

I took some time to write this, because this game essentialy sums up everything i don't like about videogames that involve other players. Hope you find it at least a little bit amusing to read.

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
My favorite games

super mario 64 (n64)
street fighter games (snes)
goldeneye (n64)
Final Fantasy 7+8 (PSX)
Tekken 3 (PSX)
Resident Evil 1-3 (PSX)
Banjo Kazooi (N64)
Mario Kart 64 (N64)
Turtles (NES)
Mario Games (NES and SNES)
Warframe (PC)
Diablo 1 (PC)
Diablo 2 (PC)
Diablo 2 R (PC)
Pokemon (yellow, blue, red till
Diamond
and pearlm, gameboy, nintendo ds)
Pokemon Stadium (N64)
Pokemon Go (Smartphone with spoofing)
Dino Crisis 1-2 (PSX)
Yoshis Island (SNES)
Lylat Wars (N64)
Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (N64)
Super Mario Kart (SNES)
Gothic 1-2 (PC)
Perfect Dark (N64)
Turok 1-2 (N64)
Legacy of Kain -
Defiance
Soul Reaver 1-2, Blood Omen 2 (PC)

continue :D

Worms (PC)
Anno 1602 (PC)
Unreal Tournament (PC)
Counter Strike 1.6 (PC)
Command & Conquer all games (PC)
Metal Gear Solid 1+2 (PSX, PS2)

so many good games :D
Diablo 1-2
Starcraft 1-2
Age Of Empires 2
Sudden Strike 2
Stronghold 1-2
Crysis 1-2-3

Worst
Diablo 3

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
Born with a heart of Steel

Schnorki 3175Moderator

PC
manu151186 wrote: 1 year ago
Oh man, I completely forgot about those. Yeah, that's definitely on the list!
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
This brought up a core memory:

Chew on this! Tcha-tching!

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
every friday i play mario party with a friend and his daughter. when she have to go to bed, we switch gaming to command and conquer red alert 2 or counter strike 1.6 :D

Ravoc 123

PC
Most favorite: too many to weigh up and list.

Least favorite: EVE online, because I wasted 18 years on that, some 6-digit hourcount probably...
A lot of good games have been mentioned.
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
I don't know how familiar you are with LoL or MOBAs in general, but I was playing a support character and I saved my lane partner and AD carry in the most clutch manner from certain Death.
I confess that I had to look up some of that to really appreciate what happened.
Crispin wrote: 1 year ago
this is difficult for me. I have 2000+ games and there are certainly a good amount of good games around.
I have quite a few, but I've never counted. My dad had the foresight of making us keep all our old games in storage rather than sell them to friends the way others in my group did.
Blubbalutsch wrote: 1 year ago
Don't play Albion Online unless you consider sadistic strategies in videogames pleasurable. Otherwise, the non-PVP content is OK, but as soon as you have to go to PVP areas to make progression, stop playing it. Under any circumstance, don't buy the Pay2Win content.
I hate pay-to-win as a rule; that experience sounds awful.
OP
Queegon wrote: 1 year ago
This brought up a core memory:

Chew on this! Tcha-tching!
Tanya!

C&C: RA 1/2 were my intro to RTS games and I really got into the lore of that franchise. C&C: RA2 was another classic that I never got to finish due to an unstable PC at the time. One of the later Allied levels in the campaign would cause my system to freeze and I forgot about reinstalling the game after I eventually built a new PC.

My first taste of the real-time genre actually came a few years earlier with the cyberpunk real-time tactics game Syndicate. I remember playing it at a friend's house and it was like nothing I'd ever seen before. Perhaps 10-15 years ago, I got to revisit and finally beat it because I originally got stuck on the Atlantic Accelerator mission and never finished the game. I was so glad that it got a spiritual successor in 2015 in Satellite Reign which I enjoyed, but wished it had a longer campaign.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

Schnorki 3175Moderator

PC
Speaking of RTS..
Dune and KKND were just glorious fun.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
c64: katakis, skate or die, ik+, armalyte, great giana sisters and many other usual suspects

atari st: carrier command, blacklamp, elite

amiga: all turicans, lucasarts games, twin world, legend of fearghail and many other usual suspects
you just reminded me of a game i was super invested in , which you probably know, and yes armalite was very close to it!
R-type.
the arcade versions, and amiga version was pretty cool too.
katakis was incredible.

and also you reminded me of the amiga days:
-Dungeon master!

and a game i played over and over, and would play again:

-Supermacy
what a game!
there were other amazing game in the amiga days, like shadow of the Beast 1-2-3
c64 had turbo outrun with even better than the amiga music. we were so enloved with the hacking teams music back then.
played archon with my cousin so many times. we were evenly matched. he would kick my ass, then me.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
my favourite games are mainly based on nostalgia and less about whether the games were objectively good or bad.
i cant list worst games because i never played any game i didnt like. not even enough to know whether the game was absolutely shit or not.

anyways my list is:
warcraft 3 - really surprised this has barely gotten a mention. ive spent an unfathomable amount of time on wc3 custom games.
starcraft - the first rts i played and the game that got me interested in esports.
dota 2 - played heaps of dota from wc3 and eventually ended up playing dota 2 at a competitive level.
league of legends - more of a special mention here but it was what kept me busy once i quit dota but still had the itch to play a moba.
counterstrike 1.5/1.6 - my first fps
diablo 2 (lod/resurrected)
maplestory
ragnarok online
pokemon silver
mario party
donkey kong country
worms
gunbound
civ 5
various iterations of football manager
phantomotap wrote: 1 year ago
A lot of good games have been mentioned.

this is difficult for me. I have 2000+ games and there are certainly a good amount of good games around.
I have quite a few, but I've never counted. My dad had the foresight of making us keep all our old games in storage rather than sell them to friends the way others in my group did.
I only know that because I use gog galaxy as my launcher for everything. sadly, I didn't keep my old stuff. would be fun to play on original hardware after so a long time.

rikus wrote: 1 year ago
c64: katakis, skate or die, ik+, armalyte, great giana sisters and many other usual suspects

atari st: carrier command, blacklamp, elite

amiga: all turicans, lucasarts games, twin world, legend of fearghail and many other usual suspects
you just reminded me of a game i was super invested in , which you probably know, and yes armalite was very close to it!
R-type.
the arcade versions, and amiga version was pretty cool too.
katakis was incredible.

and also you reminded me of the amiga days:
-Dungeon master!

and a game i played over and over, and would play again:

-Supermacy
what a game!
there were other amazing game in the amiga days, like shadow of the Beast 1-2-3
c64 had turbo outrun with even better than the amiga music. we were so enloved with the hacking teams music back then.
played archon with my cousin so many times. we were evenly matched. he would kick my ass, then me.
yeah, r-type was great indeed. I finished r-type and katakis back then and was very proud of it as it was hard as hell :)
dungeon master was awesome. played it on atari st, later on amiga and pc. the games that followed that trend were good, too. I remember eye of the beholder 1-3, amber moon on the amiga and later might&magic on the pc. they were all pretty good.

outrun was nice but I was more hooked to the lotus esprit turbo challenge titles on the amiga. and practically addicted to ridge racer on the psx.

Speaking of RTS..
Dune and KKND were just glorious fun.
dune was nice... the fear that struck when the announcer said WORM SIGN!
it was glorious.

Mainly 90s games for me.

Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas
XCOM: UFO Defense
Master of Orion 1 and 2
Star Control 2
Civilization 2 and 4
Diablo 2
Starcraft
Half-Life

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
outrun was nice but I was more hooked to the lotus esprit turbo challenge titles on the amiga. and practically addicted to ridge racer on the psx.
of course, lotus. i think it was the best racer. or i think it was super hang on, which was VERY close to the arcade machines. yeah outrun was great on the machines, the c64 version just had great intro music. the game itself was so so.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
pyropy wrote: 1 year ago
XCOM: UFO Defense
indeed UFO 1 2, was amazing.

Deleted User 63530 0

1.Jagged Alliance 2
2.Fallout 1&2
3.Diablo2 LOD
4.NBA 2K
5.Read Dead
Redemption
6. GTA 4
7. Total War Napoleon
8.StarCrafts
9.Baldurs Gate 2
10. Toca Race Driver 3
11.Gran Turismo 4
12. Diso Elysium
13. Witcher 3
14. more but dont remember now :)

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation