Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
10 replies   3702 views

Description

Trying to make a game and it keeps giving me ^^the error... I tried making game from play btn and lobby create with asdf / asdf, to no avail. Anyone else started getting this bug recently??

Can be used to make Runewords:

Trying to make a game and it keeps giving me ^^the error... I tried making game from play btn and lobby create with asdf / asdf, to no avail. Anyone else started getting this bug recently??

https://armlesswunder.github.io/

I don't do trades for less than
Pul
. I accept T or H keys as well.

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
I did for the first time a couple days ago. Ultimately had to close d2 and battlenet app (ctrl alt del). Then could make games again.
I once did Nightmare
Andariel
runs for an SOJ (didn't get one btw). And when I came to run 1488 I got the same message. Turns out that 1488 is some kind of Nazi number. I didn't even know numbers could have political opinions, but there you go.
KeepHammering wrote: 1 year ago
Turns out that 1488 is some kind of Nazi number. I didn't even know numbers could have political opinions, but there you go.
14 relates to an unscientific and badly written social manifesto by a group of people wearing bedsheets and 88 is related to praising a questionable historic figure from Austria with a distinct style of haircut and beard. Happened to me with
Travincal
runs as well and i'm quiet ok with it.

Also, i perceive a decline in racist slur and hate speach ingame, compared to the game 20 years before. Maybe it has something to do with the average age of the ppl playing it.

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.
Blubbalutsch wrote: 1 year ago

14 relates to an unscientific and badly written social manifesto by a group of people wearing bedsheets and 88 is related to praising a questionable historic figure from Austria with a distinct style of haircut and beard. Happened to me with
Travincal
runs as well and i'm quiet ok with it.
You're right, of course. It's just a number. I just hope none of my favorite numbers decide to become nazis.

Also, i perceive a decline in racist slur and hate speach ingame, compared to the game 20 years before. Maybe it has something to do with the average age of the ppl playing it.
That's hardly fair. People back then didn't know what hate speech was. How were they supposed to avoid it? Also I think that Bnet is just as cunty today as it was back then, which is to say not a whole lot.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
I dare say that perceived decline is because the explicit-chat filter in-game is bugged and always on even after disabling it so you can't see said speech. :P

Not sure what US servers looked like back in the day as it was pre-global but comparing my experience 20 years ago to the interwebs today...today is far, FAR worse. Like..it's not even a contest. And that's not even counting social media.

That's probably why I enjoy this here little blissful .
Io
community so much. :)
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
I dare say that perceived decline is because the explicit-chat filter in-game is bugged and always on even after disabling it so you can't see said speech. :P

Not sure what US servers looked like back in the day as it was pre-global but comparing my experience 20 years ago to the interwebs today...today is far, FAR worse. Like..it's not even a contest. And that's not even counting social media.

That's probably why I enjoy this here little blissful .
Io
community so much. :)
I think the average age of the player base plus a contemporary social environment that's more aware and considerate of others are contributing factors. It's not acceptable to say things that were regularly said 20=25 years ago and many people playing this game aren't trying to be edgy, counterculture teenagers or young adults anymore. Players don't find it pleasant to be around people who are insufferably ranting about dumbass shit that's false, misguided, and irrelevant to this game.

There was a neo-Nazi on Americas SCNL that I came across in several
Baal
run games a couple of weeks ago. The guy clearly couldn't take a joke when other players would comment that his character name was sus (it was) and I found out one of his mule character names was not just sus, but should have been a bannable offense. Guess those word censors don't catch any German, do they, ATVI? Anyway, he predictably went on unhinged and unprovoked rants about blacks and Jews during games. The guy was a pariah by way of being an absolute failure of a human being. I haven't seen him around anymore and I can only assume or hope that he's been dealt with.

All that said, I found that example to be the exception. It was such a rarity that I had to question whether I was actually seeing what I saw. That's unlike 20 years ago when calling someone a racial or gay slur (or even just calling something "gay" for no damn reason at all) was a regular occurrence online.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
I had this happen to me last night, just exited and relaunched the game. Weird that it happened on a pvt game with no name.

twiz 18

Assassin Americas PC
zZorceressTraderz wrote: 1 year ago
I did for the first time a couple days ago. Ultimately had to close d2 and battlenet app (ctrl alt del). Then could make games again.
Thanks that worked for me, never seen it before til tonight.

KeepHammering wrote: 1 year ago
People back then didn't know what hate speech was.
You have to be joking or an idiot to think that...

twiz#1464
i find it stupid if 1488 is a 'improper' number.. if words and numbers keep getting banned, soon in 1000 years time no one can say 1 word without offending someone.. almost already there.. just ridicolous
Illusions wrote: 1 year ago
i find it stupid if 1488 is a 'improper' number.. if words and numbers keep getting banned, soon in 1000 years time no one can say 1 word without offending someone.. almost already there.. just ridicolous
Welcome to the clown world!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...