Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   3397 views

Seriously, what is up with these mods Asian streamers use?

No data yet

Description

Just look at this lmao

Can be used to make Runewords:

ShadowHeart 1740Moderator

Europe PC
Just look at this lmao

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
What!?

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Don't mind the purely cosmetic ones. I mean..I wouldn't want my merc to look like
Baal
but if they do, go for it.

What I get annoyed by is the ridiculous, actual competitive advantage giving, item label overlay mods they use that make any high rune take up the entire screen so you literally cannot help but click it instantly and never miss-click, in addition to the unmissable audio cue it adds. But I guess Blizz ever doing something against that is just beyond wishful thinking.
Why is this even allowed? Has this always been a thing?

Please do not add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting.

I do not accept any rune lower than
Lem
for trades, with the exception of
Ral

Trade: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder & Ladder | UTC-6
Damn that reminds of back in the day with autoclickers and what not people used to use. I don't miss that, but it was always really satisfying when you'd still beat them to pick up a good item drop after
Baal

I do sometimes miss map-hack in acts 2 and 3 though.... :P
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
What I get annoyed by is the ridiculous, actual competitive advantage giving, item label overlay mods they use that make any high rune take up the entire screen so you literally cannot help but click it instantly and never miss-click, in addition to the unmissable audio cue it adds. But I guess Blizz ever doing something against that is just beyond wishful thinking.
ye i get that, but d2 audio cues are one of the most defined in the industry. i mean you can hear a rune drop in your sleep.
if somebody has bad hearing he might want an addon like this maybe.... but really any streamer using such a layout cant do their viewerbaser
much of a service
EMzx25 wrote: 1 year ago
Why is this even allowed? Has this always been a thing?
You can apply any cosmetic crap localy on the game. It just won't have any effect on other people or "hard" content in the game. Blizzard can't control what you doing on your own PC unless they turn d2r into having backdoor-trojan like features (maybe they already did, u can't be sure if u havn't got access to the sourcecode of the game)

What these streamers do is just basic modding, trying to impress ppl. Read some modders howtos and get some clue about modding and you can do this as well. But noone except urself (and ur viewers, as you record streams localy) will even notice.

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Zeusal wrote: 1 year ago
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
ye i get that, but d2 audio cues are one of the most defined in the industry. i mean you can hear a rune drop in your sleep.
if somebody has bad hearing he might want an addon like this maybe.... but really any streamer using such a layout cant do their viewerbaser
much of a service
Well, yes.

But there's that..and then an aid for the hard of hearing..and then there's flashy, fanfare-blaring game-show style sound cues that take it to a whole nother level..though even with that, the main issue is the "literally can't not click it" part.
When both
Ber
and
Jah
dropped for me (separate occasions), I didn't hear it amongst the sounds of the other 67309275 items dropping per fs. I think I just suck at making it out.

Also, am I misremembering, or in the original D2 were runes just White text? If so, then personally I am very, very thankful that they are now an obviously distinct color, or I probably would have missed either, or both, of those runes.
OP

ShadowHeart 1740Moderator

Europe PC
Snape75 wrote: 1 year ago
Also, am I misremembering, or in the original D2 were runes just White text? If so, then personally I am very, very thankful that they are now an obviously distinct color, or I probably would have missed either, or both, of those runes.
Runes were definitely White back in the day. I can't remember when exactly they made them orange. Back when they were White, I would always double/triple-inspect all loot to make sure I didn't miss any runes lol.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...