Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   1301 views

Description

I refreshed the games list on PS5 and both non-ladder and ladder, andI saw five different games offering 40 Somethings for trade:

Perfect Gems

Perfect Gems

Perfect Gems

Ral

Ral

I realized I had no idea why
Perfect Gems
are the poor's currency. I've traded some--mostly amethysts--for different bits and bobs, and I've been looking around the internet, but I really have know idea why they were desired in the first place. The cube recipes don't seem to interesting and repeatable enough to warrant the need for so very many. I sort of get
Topaz
--at least for helms and armors--as a near
Ist
rune, but I don't really understand 40
Perfect Ruby
for example.

I don't really get the 40
Ral
runes any better. Do people find awesome yet socket-free bases all the time or something!?

I'm not trying to be that person. I'm sorry if I come off that way. I've benefited from the economy so I'm not in any way complaining.

I'm legit wondering why some people seem to need so many of certain pieces.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I refreshed the games list on PS5 and both non-ladder and ladder, andI saw five different games offering 40 Somethings for trade:

Perfect Gems

Perfect Gems

Perfect Gems

Ral

Ral

I realized I had no idea why
Perfect Gems
are the poor's currency. I've traded some--mostly amethysts--for different bits and bobs, and I've been looking around the internet, but I really have know idea why they were desired in the first place. The cube recipes don't seem to interesting and repeatable enough to warrant the need for so very many. I sort of get
Topaz
--at least for helms and armors--as a near
Ist
rune, but I don't really understand 40
Perfect Ruby
for example.

I don't really get the 40
Ral
runes any better. Do people find awesome yet socket-free bases all the time or something!?

I'm not trying to be that person. I'm sorry if I come off that way. I've benefited from the economy so I'm not in any way complaining.

I'm legit wondering why some people seem to need so many of certain pieces.
OP
I think I can guess at the reasoning behind 20 unidentified
Annihilus
charms: for people searching for that 20/20/10?
Perfect Gems
are mostly used to reroll grand charms.

Amethysts, rals and jewels are used to craft "Caster amulets", amulets with faster cast rates, in the hope to get one with +skills, and other useful stats. It takes a lot of crafts to get a good one, hence why people buy tons of these currencies. Same with pgems and rerolling grand charms.

And yeah, I'd assume people who buy tons of anni just want a perfect one, and prefer to gamble on it, vs paying the high cost by buying one.
People who buy lots of '
Tal
Thul
' are just rerolling spirits, i.e. crafting it over and over again, til they get a perfect one.

Basically, anytime you see someone buy tons of a low rune/gem, they're going for a perfect/great roll on something, so they need to craft the item over and over.
Also you can only fit 40 things into a trade window
OP
mishabg wrote: 1 year ago
Perfect Gems
are mostly used to reroll grand charms.
Oh. Nice. So instead of trying to find the perfect Grand Charm skiller, you maybe only need to reroll that sucker!?
Amethysts, rals and jewels are used to craft "Caster amulets", amulets with faster cast rates, in the hope to get one with +skills, and other useful stats.
That explains why a person dropped by one of my open trading games and dropped like 30 Magic Jewels. I guess they finally found the one for which they had been looking.
People who buy lots of '
Tal
Thul
' are just rerolling spirits, i.e. crafting it over and over again, til they get a perfect one.
I've seen a ton of Spirit swords up for trade so I guess that explains that as well.
Basically, anytime you see someone buy tons of a low rune/gem, they're going for a perfect/great roll on something, so they need to craft the item over and over.
I get you.
phantomotap wrote: 1 year ago
Oh. Nice. So instead of trying to find the perfect Grand Charm skiller, you maybe only need to reroll that sucker!?
yes but they will use a GC dropped from diablo
Baal
or nihlatak or from 'high lvl'
Terror
zone so it can roll over 40+ life with skill
OP
Okay. So before I ever start trying to reroll normal charms, make sure the item level is high enough!?

Is there a way to determine that from within the game? Does the required level indicate anything?

Is the charms rerolled to the same... concept? Will a skiller always be a skiller, for example?

Thanks.

Necrarch 1603Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Check this :
forums/grand-charm-45-life-t1240526.html

Tl;dr: do that on GCs only (only ones worth it) dropped from Hell
Baal
, hell Diablo, hell
Nihlathak
or hell
Terror
Zone with game maker level being 89 at least (TZ level 91 or more)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
Tl;dr: do that on GCs only (only ones worth it) dropped from Hell
Baal
, hell Diablo, hell
Nihlathak
or hell
Terror
Zone with game maker level being 89 at least (TZ level 91 or more)
Okay. Now, I am sad. I was literally just setting here wondering if rolling a shimmering small charm of vita would be worth it.

Thanks.

Necrarch 1603Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Well, you can do it with SCs also, it's just much more rare to do so.
Not sure of the proper values of level to look for though.

Don't do it with LCs though, except torches, most of them are worthless (which can btw be a way of good deal, I have traded for
Pul
a 30+/30+ life/mana LC. The same split into 2 15+/15+ SCs would be worth several times more, you just need to be fitting the LC in inventory which can be tricky.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
Rerolling a magical
Monarch
to look for Jeweler's
Monarch
of Deflecting (JMOD) is also an option for using Pgems. Rubys are also often excluded from being traded as Pgems and are slightly more expensive, because you can
Sol
-Jewel-Ring them into
Blood Ring
or
Eth
-Jewel-Light Plated/Battle/
Mirrored Boots
into
Blood Boots
. Please note that you should only start (mass) crafting when u got a high lvl character, i think by gambling with lvl 93 you'll get all the possible stats

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.

Necrarch 1603Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
And even more, don't reroll with PAmethysts, they are by far the most valuable gems due to most casters being after a 2/20 caster amulets.

Basically the usual rates I see are :
12-15 PAmethysts for an
Ist

30 PRubies for an
Ist

40 Pgems for an
Ist

Annihilus

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...