Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   2559 views

Description

I'm so upset about the load times on the PS4. I was playing a ladder-hardcore character, level 87 paladin, and I tried to go to the
Frigid Highlands
waypoint. Apparently something instantly killed me at the waypoint and I was dead upon loading. I'm so angry! This is completely unfair. I never even had a chance to use a potion, run, or do anything. The game took forever to load and I lost my character because of it.

Now that I've ranted a bit I want to ask a question. Is there any safer way to play a hardcore-ladder character on the PS4? I know how difficult hell mode can be in hardcore, that's not what I'm asking about. I want to know if there is anyway to avoid load screen Death. If I'm going to die, I want to at least be playing the game and not waiting on a load screen. Does anyone have any tips or solutions to this issue on the PS4? I may just have to wait to play ladder-hardcore for when I buy a PS5.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I'm so upset about the load times on the PS4. I was playing a ladder-hardcore character, level 87 paladin, and I tried to go to the
Frigid Highlands
waypoint. Apparently something instantly killed me at the waypoint and I was dead upon loading. I'm so angry! This is completely unfair. I never even had a chance to use a potion, run, or do anything. The game took forever to load and I lost my character because of it.

Now that I've ranted a bit I want to ask a question. Is there any safer way to play a hardcore-ladder character on the PS4? I know how difficult hell mode can be in hardcore, that's not what I'm asking about. I want to know if there is anyway to avoid load screen Death. If I'm going to die, I want to at least be playing the game and not waiting on a load screen. Does anyone have any tips or solutions to this issue on the PS4? I may just have to wait to play ladder-hardcore for when I buy a PS5.
This is one reason why I have never seriously tried hardcore, I've died many times whilst looking at that blasted door slowly opening, it's a disaster.

I'm not sure there is much you can do about it except a) make sure you have a very tanky merc and / or play a char with tanky summons to take the heat off of you (and even then I have died to archers) or b) get a PS5 or at least an ssd for your PS4.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
The loading times on PC are awful as well and that particular waypoint (as well as some other ones) has always been problematic, thanks to the mobs who tend to spawn next to it.
Load times on PS5 are surprisingly fast.

Can trade on PC and PlayStation.
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 1 year ago
The loading times on PC are awful as well and that particular waypoint (as well as some other ones) has always been problematic, thanks to the mobs who tend to spawn next to it.
well sorry for the OT regarding PS4 but on PC there is at least something to improve the performance significantly when using a HDD or even for slower SSDs https://youtu.be/3n1TVDurt2c?t=233
Just keep in mind you might need to extract after each patch (at least I did so until I switched to SSD) and that, in case you want to give it a try, you deactivate temporarily any anti virus live check because it creates masses of files and extracts much faster if not every single file is checked durign that process
Having an unreliable Internet Service Provider with random disconnects (and other ISPs suck the same way) is a reason for me not to play HC.

Got a neighbourhood streaming HD videos all the time? Forget playing HC! 99% of my deaths in SC are caused by things i can't control. If you get disconnected you stay in game a few seconds after. Blizz hasn't taken any action against this in 20 years.

I wouldn't recommend switching anti virus off. You might forget turning it on again and this may have worse consequences than loosing a HC char. I rather recommend to stop using a bad OS like Windows and switch to Linux. D2 runs great on WINE.

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation