Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   3213 views

Description

Finally got a hammerdin made and doing mf runs solo easily in most areas. The generic 75% fcr setup with Enigma, Hoto, Hoz Arachs, anni, Torch max res and around 300-350 MF.

However I am now trying to MF in full games (Going solo) and can easily do Pit, Andy, Eldritch and Shenk, but the rest not so much. Meph is easy but takes a but longer since I have no Pcomb's and while I haven't tried doing Chaos or cows (solo in full game) I know at peast for Chaos I would struggle. Any advice on how to be able to run those area's solo in a full game or would I need to invest in Pcombs?

My main go is to mf in areas with potential HR drops as well as uniques. I am saving up to build an Auradin and currently have a
Jah
and 11 ists saved up for Dreams (or Dragon and Hoj). Do pits have a good chance of HR drops?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Finally got a hammerdin made and doing mf runs solo easily in most areas. The generic 75% fcr setup with Enigma, Hoto, Hoz Arachs, anni, Torch max res and around 300-350 MF.

However I am now trying to MF in full games (Going solo) and can easily do Pit, Andy, Eldritch and Shenk, but the rest not so much. Meph is easy but takes a but longer since I have no Pcomb's and while I haven't tried doing Chaos or cows (solo in full game) I know at peast for Chaos I would struggle. Any advice on how to be able to run those area's solo in a full game or would I need to invest in Pcombs?

My main go is to mf in areas with potential HR drops as well as uniques. I am saving up to build an Auradin and currently have a
Jah
and 11 ists saved up for Dreams (or Dragon and Hoj). Do pits have a good chance of HR drops?

"Having Shadowheart around is better than luck. More reliable."
~Necrarch
The short answer is: yes.
In order to farm quicker you have to increase your damage output. Combat Skiller do exactly that. Pits is a good place to farm, but not optimal for hammerdins, since they can't fully take advantage of the spiral hammers in tight places. Chaos is imho the prime farming spot for hammers, but consider overstacking resistances to counter the annoying curses and high damage output of the pit lords.

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
i don't understand how you got another 200% MF besides Enigma?

care to provide a gear setup?

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.
OP
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
i don't understand how you got another 200% MF besides Enigma?

care to provide a gear setup?
39% Gheeds, 28% Nagel, 38% Travs, 93% Enigma, 74%
Shako
, 5-7 7% mf sc. Feel like I'm missing something.

Edit: 46% travs.

~Necrarch
I only recently tried Hammers and I've been fairly open that I don't like it, so I hesitate to counter someone called "KeepHammering", but IMO the biggest benefit of
Blessed Hammer
is versatility, you can efficiently farm pretty much anywhere you like and stack mf without impacting your damage in any noticeable way.

But, if you want to target farm a specific area then there are often better options. FoH > Hammers if you want to farm Chaos or Pit or Countess.
Lightning Fury
> Hammers if you want to farm Cows.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
OP
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
I only recently tried Hammers and I've been fairly open that I don't like it, so I hesitate to counter someone called "KeepHammering", but IMO the biggest benefit of
Blessed Hammer
is versatility, you can efficiently farm pretty much anywhere you like and stack mf without impacting your damage in any noticeable way.

But, if you want to target farm a specific area then there are often better options. FoH > Hammers if you want to farm Chaos or Pit or Countess.
Lightning Fury
> Hammers if you want to farm Cows.
I originally considered FOH but wasn't sure how to build, and read ultimately hammers were better. But I'd be willing to try it out if it clears pits/Chaos easier. Is Infinity needed because All I have is Insight currently.

~Necrarch
Short compare.
FoH is better is p1-p3
Hammerdin is better in p7-p8

Relax and have fun!
Interesting, fair enough! I've only ever done p1-p3 so I always forget about higher player counts, if that's your plan then you can definitely ignore me. Although I still find Hammers to be annoying and cumbersome, so there's that. :D
:D

As for Infinity, it's a complete waste with FoH, Insight is better. FoH does lightning damage, which is improved by Infinity, but the damage is low and it's far too slow to ever be effective. The real party piece is that it spews out
Holy Bolt
on impact, and this is not affected by Infinity.
Holy Bolt
is unusual (unique?) in that it has nothing to do with immunities, damage is based on monster types. It hits hard against demons and undead but does nothing against animals, and there is literally nothing you can do to change that. As a result, it's fantastically effective in Chaos because there are no animals, but absolutely terrible in areas with lots of animals. For example, I tried
Nihlathak
yesterday and it was a total waste of time.

OP
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
Interesting, fair enough! I've only ever done p1-p3 so I always forget about higher player counts, if that's your plan then you can definitely ignore me. Although I still find Hammers to be annoying and cumbersome, so there's that. :D
:D

As for Infinity, it's a complete waste with FoH, Insight is better. FoH does lightning damage, which is improved by Infinity, but the damage is low and it's far too slow to ever be effective. The real party piece is that it spews out
Holy Bolt
on impact, and this is not affected by Infinity.
Holy Bolt
is unusual (unique?) in that it has nothing to do with immunities, damage is based on monster types. It hits hard against demons and undead but does nothing against animals, and there is literally nothing you can do to change that. As a result, it's fantastically effective in Chaos because there are no animals, but absolutely terrible in areas with lots of animals. For example, I tried
Nihlathak
yesterday and it was a total waste of time.
Another Question. Can a Java zon be made cheaply(ish) and still be very effective in cows? I plan to make one eventually but wanted to save for other characters first, Unless it's cheap.

~Necrarch
Well, I caveat this again by saying I have never done p8, so it probably comes down to whether you plan to farm on p8 or p1-3, but yes you can easily farm p1 cows with a pretty cheap Java. I don't have Infinity or Griffon's or
Eth
Titan's or Chains of Honour, for example. It's still incredibly effective with
Shako
/Valk Wing, regular Titan's, Vipermagi. I don't even use a merc.

What’s your talent build?
From what you said about your gear, you have +18 to combat if you also have +2 amulet, which put your
Blessed Hammer
at lvl 38,
Concentration
aura lvl 36. With maxed
Blessed Aim
and maxed
Vigor
your hammer damage should be around 10k when
Concentration
is on. There is no way you should have trouble in Chaos solo run.
OP
Flyhorse wrote: 1 year ago
What’s your talent build?
From what you said about your gear, you have +18 to combat if you also have +2 amulet, which put your
Blessed Hammer
at lvl 38,
Concentration
aura lvl 36. With maxed
Blessed Aim
and maxed
Vigor
your hammer damage should be around 10k when
Concentration
is on. There is no way you should have trouble in Chaos solo run.
Running a crafted 2 combat skill, 10fcr, 10 AR ammy. As for skills you are correct it is around that much with 11k hammers, and yes I can easily solo Chaos. My question is about running solo in P5-P8 games which I have issues running to maximize drops to hopefully get good rune/unique's. Really the only answer I can think of is as others have stated and get Pcomb's which (I'm playing NL) is worth a
Vex
for a blank one. I can buy some easily but I would prefer to use those runes and save for the gear needed on my Auradin. Just slow going as my drops usually only warrant about an
Ist
worth of trade a day or 2. I will just continue to run pits or make an attempt at running (by myself) cows in a p5-p8 game if possible, but I fear that will be very slow.

~Necrarch
Blindfire187 wrote: 1 year ago
Really the only answer I can think of is as others have stated and get Pcomb's which (I'm playing NL) is worth a
Vex
for a blank one. I can buy some easily but I would prefer to use those runes and save for the gear needed on my Auradin
You can use 3
Vex
to buy 3 PCom GC for your Hammerdin.
Once you can get almost enough rune for your Auradin, you can still sell the 3 PCom GC to get 3
Vex
back.

It is better than having 3
Vex
sleeping in your inventory.

Relax and have fun!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...