Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
jstblv66 wrote: 1 year ago
rikus wrote: 1 year ago
I play p8 solo online
huh?
solo p8 *online*??
Below "play" there is a little box, options box. There you set your player difficulty. But, once you are in the game, you cannot change it. I tried the command in chat, didn't seem to change. If you want to change the player count, you have to leave the game and start a new one. The created game is private and still online, your friends can join. I don't know if friends joining changes the player count or not.
That's 'max player count'. It merely limits how many people can join your game, it has no effect on the difficulty/doesn't simulate any player scaling.
The setting for player scaling is in options -> gameplay (same as the chat command) but applies solely to offline play.
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Below "play" there is a little box, options box
wtf!
after i made all this progress in SP...
when was this option made? since day 1?
I talked about this with people here and i was sure they said it can't be done.
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
That's 'max player count'. It merely limits how many people can join your game,
lol ,ok.
phew...!

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Below "play" there is a little box, options box
wtf!
after i made all this progress in SP...
when was this option made? since day 1?
I talked about this with people here and i was sure they said it can't be done.
That's 'max player count'. It merely limits how many people can join your game,
lol ,ok.
phew...!
Well, for offline SP it still exists and always has. :)

Initially, only via the good old /players chat command but they've added that as an actual slider to the gameplay options now as well. I believe that happened with 2.4 but not entirely sure anymore on the timing.
OP

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
I believe that happened with 2.4 but not entirely sure anymore on the timing.
I'm using it constantly on my last SP journeys. also, they say "it immediately takes effect in the game", but it doesn't actually. there's a radius of a sort that kinda is where your last Players X setting was initialized. and then it resets, if its beyond that radius. if it's in it, they're still ugly and aggressive.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
I believe that happened with 2.4 but not entirely sure anymore on the timing.
I'm using it constantly on my last SP journeys. also, they say "it immediately takes effect in the game", but it doesn't actually. there's a radius of a sort that kinda is where your last Players X setting was initialized. and then it resets, if its beyond that radius. if it's in it, they're still ugly and aggressive.
The wording just isn't complete. It does take immediate effect but only for mobs spawning from that point forward. Mobs already spawned in your game are not retroactively scaled up. And since mobs spawn in when you get within about 2 screens of them, you end up with the radius of "no effect" that you already pointed out.
Only play online. Reason is this website right here.

SSF would quickly make me lose my mind. Trading really gives me a lot of joy. Especially when both parties feel like they've made a good deal.

I don't make use of any other trading site either. Really love the community here and have only run into nice people overall.

Can trade on PC and PlayStation.
Turtulia wrote: 1 year ago
Asha wrote: 1 year ago
Offline has no damn ping/lags - game is swift n smooth. And, ofc, the beauty of /ppl command. But: no trades of any kind (the only reason keepin me online, really).

At this time of season, when every1 is too poor/greedy to have fun/profit from tradin, I honestly miss the good old ppl8 single.
Until devs will introduce split-loot system (never gonna happen) - no coop attempts make sense, so things gonna stay that way...
I also gave up on looting with multiplayer. Even with a friend of mine he's just so fast at grabbing the good stuff while I sort out the trash.
I do think it's part of the fun though. I'll join games for XP or challenge and when everyone is slaughtering cows and I manage to grab that rune somehow it's awesome.
If your friend doesn't share, it's not a friend.

Please post your offer before adding me. I can prepare myself better then.
The only time I did single player was in classic D2, back when rares were the best items in the game so you never felt like you were missing out. Even then, I found my way onto USEast well before LoD came out.

I find this game pretty boring in single player beyond the initial playthrough for each difficulty because I find loot grinding to be boring.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation