Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
51 replies   6382 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

BMAY 527

Assassin Americas PC
It will be very interesting to see what blizz does in reaction to this.

Whether theypatch it but leave the Sunders that exist or Patch it and delete and pre-existing Sunders.

I played for about 2 hours with a buddy earlier and found like 20 between us.

Again a bit messed up after the fix :D
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... aps/145659
I stand by my last comment ... too many grave oversights.
LightningShade wrote: 1 year ago
Again a bit messed up after the fix :D
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t ... aps/145659
I stand by my last comment ... too many grave oversights.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
Ravoc wrote: 1 year ago
they might as well reroll season 2 and start fresh. It's only less than 24h anyway...
Haha yeah. The streamers were already at level 90+ by 9 hours so by 24 hours probably mid 90s. Curious how fast 99 will be reached. Ladder is so stupid.
Oh wow, what a fckup. How can you not properly test a feature like this with such a massive impact? Since they wouldn't take advantage of PTR to let the community beta-test their implementation, you'd at least expect them to do that internally. I mean a proper code review would have probably also revealed that issue. And they don't have anyone on on-call duty after a new ladder starts to fix something like this asap? That's just sad :(

PC | Non-Ladder | Softcore | CET/CEST (UTC+1/2)

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
So...the hotfix broke even more, all while making sure existing Sunders remained so the 2 Blizz employees who actually play this game get to now be rich af because they let it be implemented like this and knew to roll a horker?

Yeah, sounds like Blizzard.

Ravoc 123

PC
The change to include traps and summons with the Sunder effect was added late, after PTR I believe. They should have done another cycle, but I reckon they were pressured too much to release 2.5; it felt very sudden to me at least. It would also have postponed season 2 which was probably unacceptable.
Blizz did this all the time when I played WoW. every new patch had plenty of bugs and hot fixes, even after PTR.

Houston, TX Central Time. join D2R Dclone Hunters Discord https://discord.com/invite/5DgUvcAYbR

Necrarch 1583Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
You don't get it guys : In a time where IT companies have processes, agility, code reviews, massive tests, extended reporting and feedback capabilities, Blizzard shows another way.

The one that does not work. :P

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

BMAY 527

Assassin Americas PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
You don't get it guys : In a time where IT companies have processes, agility, code reviews, massive tests, extended reporting and feedback capabilities, Blizzard shows another way.

The one that does not work. :P
Lol. I was thinking of this comparison earlier. I am a BRM for an enterprise ITSM company and setting up a process for proper change management really isn't rocket science. They have the PTR and everything necessary, they just don't know how to implement or follow procedure I guess?

Pretty silly.

Necrarch 1583Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Project manager for Cloud migration here. :)

IT for the win ^^

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Snakecharmed wrote: 1 year ago
EPOCH FAIL
I see what you did there xD

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8

Now we've got the full album played at their offices (perhaps they play all 3 simultaneously).

Traders: Please don't PM me for trades without a trade posting or add me on BNet without a comment on a trade posting

Trade zone: PC | Softcore, Non-Ladder | UTC-8
undertow wrote: 1 year ago
EPOCH FAIL
I see what you did there xD
All credit to xkcd for that classic. 😁

https://xkcd.com/376/

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
Is it fixed?

Th3ory 406

Paladin Americas PC
halflife wrote: 1 year ago
GGM covers this well

I also covered this and took a slightly different approach/stance. This was tied to my original surfacing this from the onset from the silent patch w/o Ladder reset.
Find Item
was not actually bugged - the skill operated as intended - it was a server-side oversight not considering how the internal no drop functional works on
Find Item
which would ignore the No Drop they lightly set at the Sunder TC.

Feel free to check it out:

Asha 343

Sorceress Europe PC
What about just ignorin this "new gc crap" completely, and stick to playin new ladder as it is? You got a tz's now, fresh start, and anotha chance to roll up these plagues/flickers if needed. Better without these ummune-cuttin boards anyway, imo.

I started an assy to scratch n kick my way through. Found a
Tal
amulet just yesterday, and swapped it for a 15-20 nice assy torch 🙂 found a 3os 3ls
Greater Claws
even. And I'm still in a mid-nitemare 😎 eager to see how it goes next. Screw the sunders, I'd say

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
Asha wrote: 1 year ago
What about just ignorin this "new gc crap" completely, and stick to playin new ladder as it is? You got a tz's now, fresh start, and anotha chance to roll up these plagues/flickers if needed. Better without these ummune-cuttin boards anyway, imo.

I started an assy to scratch n kick my way through. Found a
Tal
amulet just yesterday, and swapped it for a 15-20 nice assy torch 🙂 found a 3os 3ls
Greater Claws
even. And I'm still in a mid-nitemare 😎 eager to see how it goes next. Screw the sunders, I'd say
I'd agree to "screw the sunders" as a general concept, even though they do open up a few specific builds that simply get hit by immunes too often.
That having been said, ignoring them while they do exist is really just unnecessarily, artificially worsening your char as compared to everyone else. At that point, one might as well go "screw Enigma" and "screw Infinity" and the like. Could do that..but mweh.

Back to the actual dropping though:
Do we know how exactly they changed the drop to fix the horking bit? Is the implementation now the same it was before with an adjustment to hork or group probability? Or did they get merged back into another drop group/TC?

Main reason/thinking behind the question is "does MF matter for sunder charms?". If they're merged into another group then MF may matter as the game might pick a grand charm which merely has a chance to roll unique and then into either
Gheed
's or a sunder charm. If they remain their own group/TC however then the TC pick alone will dictate the choice and will force a sunder which then has no choice but to be unique as it is a guaranteed sunder, meaning MF wouldn't matter (kind of like an
Annihilus
is forced to being a unique and will always drop, with no chance of getting a non-unique SC instead).

Well, that..and the odds in general would be nice to know.
Does sunder charm drop in non ladder terrorized zones ? Share your experience

Schnorki 3150Moderator

PC
As already stated in the other topic: No, sunder charms are intentionally ladder only. And based on the RW turnaround after S1, I guess it'll stay that way...sadly.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...