Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   2094 views

Gamble or trade?

You may select 1 option

Total votes: 28

Description

I know the conventional Wisdom is to buy a cheap CtA for your first rather than gamble the runes, however the options on Switch and PSN are quite limited. I have the runes, but only just, so do I gamble or trade?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I know the conventional Wisdom is to buy a cheap CtA for your first rather than gamble the runes, however the options on Switch and PSN are quite limited. I have the runes, but only just, so do I gamble or trade?

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
I've rolled 3 CtAs, and only one was "bad." Part of the fun of runewords is seeing how they turn out. I've had zero luck with Grief after 5-6 tries, but I'm still going to roll another as soon as I get my next
Lo

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
OP
Aye, I am leaning towards the gamble because it's fun, CtA scares me just because of how big the potential range is, but I do enjoy rolling runewords.

Got lucky with my one and only Grief, +393 damage, 39 ias.

Rolled 3 CtA's here as well, with one of them being a perfect 6/6/4, and worst being 4/4/4. I think it's worth the chance gambling on this one, unless you think you used up all your luck on that Grief roll!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Rolled my first CTA 2 weeks ago, got a 4/1/3.
That wasn't funny :P

Relax and have fun!
just go for it. +2 skills is always the same and only the uptime of the buff changes.

You have to gamle it least once on CTA :D
Mine is quite medicore or even below average but still it works.

Necrarch 1614Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Bought them as for me:
A 2/1/3 first for a low price (
Mal
)
Now that I am richer I wanted a 6BO one for a bigger boost, so bought one. Next one will be for a secondary char (gave old CtA to buddy) so will try the gamble as I will care less for the stats.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
Gamble. My first was turned out great at 4/6/x an unfortunate second a 5/1/x. I guess unless you get a super deal on a terrible roll and you donā€™t mind more frequent buffing. Having both extremes, those extra seconds are nice.
I use to gamble CtA whenever i equip and level a new char and i can afford it. Was unlucky so far with gambling but managed to trade some runes for a +6 BO which i now use on my main.

Will still keep on gambling, tho.

Even a +1 BO is great if the alternative is having none and you can still use bad CtA on some other builds ur trying

Post ur offer before adding me. No PM. Only add me if u offer bin/lf. No reply after 3 days=offer rejected
No socketing service.

mhlg 854

Americas PC
I got a 4/4/4 which at first was a bit of a disappointment. I've now done over 20 Uber runs without a single failure so it appears to be good enough for my purpose. I might try it again later, but it's more a matter of want than need.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet
Whether I gamble or buy depends on my overall Wealth and the cost of an average roll. If those HRs are my only ones, I try to buy a slightly cheaper CtA and keep a
Vex
for HotO. If I have a few more HRs than that, I will roll to try to get above average. If I have a lot of HRs, I'll just buy a 5/6 or 6/6.

It's certainly more fun to gamble them, but I wouldn't do that to try to make a profit.

Please make all offers on the listing page
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
I have made several "expensive" rune words (
Ohm
/
Lo
+). And I have been lucky. I would say my 90% percentile is between average roll to perfect. And I have more 'perfect' than 'the worst rolls'.

I have been thinking about same as you. Should I buy it or make my own?
If you keep buying average rolls for "decent price close to rune in RW" I think in long term you will be happy.
But also to make RW means you "actually play the game".

Ofc I keep checking trades. Sometimes its possible to buy RW cheaper than runes itself. - I saw and bought Grief in crystal
Blade
for 2ists (repair it was pain in the butt, but base for Grief doesnt matter how much dmg it do - ofc for some of players there is huge difference between 40/400 in pb and 40/400 in superior +15ED PB - for me difference is if u have it or not). And I was kinda stupid enough to sell it for 3ists to my friend.

If you buy RW you would lose "what if it was perfect roll" anxiety.

for me D2r is a game, which should brings me fun. And to make RW, that stress: will you put runes in correct order? and then "look what I have" is part of the game and for me its just some kind of satisfaction to make my own. - if by making my own RW I would get really good roll worthy of selling for way more than runes in word. I would do it in a blink of an eye.

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel
also it depends on range of % it gives you. If u making any weapon RW with range 200-400%ED and you could buy 3xx% for similar price to runes needed for RW. I would consider buying. But if it has range between 300-350%ED I would make my own.

Lately I have been thinking about Hoto. I decided to go for my own and got average roll. So no harm done.

check my other trades: member/The%20Flash/
my free items: simple t4t is fine with me :) what you pay is up to you
free anni to my WTS
LF
Ral
Nef
, keys, pame, pruby, jewel

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
When in doubt, gamble.

Tell you what..if you manage to get a 2-1-1, I will roll another one myself and give one to you. I do believe my lowest one is "semi-bad", but at least it'd save you from the worst case. ;)
(Same as the anni though, you'd need to find a middleman ^^)
OP
The people of D2io have spoken, I have taken the gamble!

4/2/4. Shame about the BO but at least the rest is ok.

Sorry about the luck, looks like we're mates on "bad" rolls (but I'd still do it again):

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Well, that's the gamble for ya.
Worst one I've gotten in D2:R so far is a 2/2/3. And yet, in the same round of gambling..
You just never know.
OP
I don't mind the mediocre roll, I'm just glad to have one at all. :)

Before the last time I got 3 6 4, I rolled the worst possible for my Trappsin. But this is the fun after all. :D

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...