Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   1083 views

Reverse price check/buying power button?

No data yet

Site Feedback

Description

Sorry if this has already been suggested, but I don't think it's covered by any of the existing features. I think it would be helpful to have a query that returns the buying power of an item. So, for example, if I have an
Ist
, I would run this query and see every trade that was completed with
Ist
in the trade price.

I don't think the WTB listing feature covers it because (unfortunately) it's a less-used feature and doesn't have as rich a data set as sales prices. In other words, trade data are biased toward selling not buying. As an example, it's not like most trades are "WTB
Ist
, offering
Shako
"; rather, it's "WTS
Shako
, looking for
Ist
."

This reverse lookup idea probably only has value for runes, and maybe keys/gems.

TBH I only thought of it because I was about to vendor a
Pul
, and I wanted to see if there's anything worth trading it for.

Aaaand, I just saw the banner that said development is frozen. So...yeah. I, uh. I hope this made for enjoyable reading.

Thanks for everything you built though, it's a great site.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Sorry if this has already been suggested, but I don't think it's covered by any of the existing features. I think it would be helpful to have a query that returns the buying power of an item. So, for example, if I have an
Ist
, I would run this query and see every trade that was completed with
Ist
in the trade price.

I don't think the WTB listing feature covers it because (unfortunately) it's a less-used feature and doesn't have as rich a data set as sales prices. In other words, trade data are biased toward selling not buying. As an example, it's not like most trades are "WTB
Ist
, offering
Shako
"; rather, it's "WTS
Shako
, looking for
Ist
."

This reverse lookup idea probably only has value for runes, and maybe keys/gems.

TBH I only thought of it because I was about to vendor a
Pul
, and I wanted to see if there's anything worth trading it for.

Aaaand, I just saw the banner that said development is frozen. So...yeah. I, uh. I hope this made for enjoyable reading.

Thanks for everything you built though, it's a great site.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
That not a bad idea.
In fact, that a very good idea as it shows less savvy players the value of theirs runes!

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
If you don't know what to do with
Lem
+ runes, give them, don't
Charsi
them (not to me, to poorer players) or cube them. They do have value.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
OP
No, not exactly. What I'm saying is like the inverse of the price check query, where (currently) you put in an item and see all the historical trade results in terms of the sale amount. This is the opposite of that, where I would put in an item, and the resulting list would be all the things that were bought with it.

If you take the analogy that
Ist
= one unit of currency, and you put
Ist
in this reverse lookup idea, the resulting list would essentially be the D2R consumer price index.

The current price check is skewed toward product pricing. I'm talking more about a search on the market value of currency.

All prices negotiable. BIN always wins. Americas (Pacific), but int'l trade times can be arranged.
OP
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
If you don't know what to do with
Lem
+ runes, give them, don't
Charsi
them (not to me, to poorer players) or cube them. They do have value.
If there were a way to donate in-game, I would. I don't have the stash space or patience to set up giveaways. Sad of me, but true.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...