Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   973 views

Description

Hey guys, I'm planning on bypassing my usual Sorcerers first for season 2 going straight for pally uber killer. My question to those who have levelled more Paladins than I, what is the best way to level and play through a paladin?

My current non ladder uber killer I did normal with
Holy Fire
, nightmare a kind of
Zeal
with some mid runewords, and hell I switched to
Smite
with Black - which was terrible and slow.

My issue is I was able to gear him with stuff I found from my sorc. A luxury I won't have, so basically SSF with a touch of trading if I happen to find stuff.

Any tips?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey guys, I'm planning on bypassing my usual Sorcerers first for season 2 going straight for pally uber killer. My question to those who have levelled more Paladins than I, what is the best way to level and play through a paladin?

My current non ladder uber killer I did normal with
Holy Fire
, nightmare a kind of
Zeal
with some mid runewords, and hell I switched to
Smite
with Black - which was terrible and slow.

My issue is I was able to gear him with stuff I found from my sorc. A luxury I won't have, so basically SSF with a touch of trading if I happen to find stuff.

Any tips?

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
I leveled a foher/smiter in ssf as a test for new ladder season and i am quite happy with it. Really budget equip (Black, Rhyme/Spirit, Duress, guillaume,
Life Tap
Wand
bought at
Akara
) and he can do ubers and farm efficiently wsk and Chaos in p4. A pain will be going thru maggot lair and some kurast areas (animal/humans filled areas) but once you re done with those you can forget em and focus mainly on Chaos/wsk (just watch out for
Frenzy
bulls there) and you won t have any issues. Basically you foh normal monsters and
Smite
bosses, everything goes quite smooth and you won t miss any dclone walk and can farm torches very early.
Farming nihlatak tho, could be a bit of an issue, but usually d keys are available on the market

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Went with a pally for S1 (not doing that again for S2 though).
Holy Fire
very easily takes them far enough to then shift directly into FoH for further lvling which then in turn becomes an FoH/
Smite
hybrid at higher levels as a self-sufficient ladder char.

Smiters remain stupid cheap/easy to gear so you're bound to find enough for successful uber runs by merely lvling to 85ish, especially if you do so in solo CS or the like. Personally, I just went to around 80 I believe it was, then did enough
Key
runs with him for a first set and then proceeded straight into ubers for the usual "torch for 4x3" ladder starting sales, up until the spare got me a pally torch for him (at which point he was pretty much fully geared already from the non-pally spares). After that he just became a random otherwise unplayed dclone killer.
I made a pally for S1 too. Standard
Holy Fire
and then FoH. Actually it was a bit tricky (skipped a lot of content) with all those animals in A2, A3 and A5. When I respec to trybrid (FoH/Hammers/
Smite
) it became easy to farm any area in the game + keys + Ubers.
OP
Alright I will have to look into this new fohdin. But yeah a backup for all the animals will be needed. Thanks guys 😊

Llama has a hybrid fohdin/
Smite
I might look into, looks kind of neat

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...