Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   3116 views

Description

And for that matter, is it even worth 3 pgems to reroll a grand charm now that you can farm your own "
Baal
" charms at lvl 89+ in any
Terror
Zone?
Is there a theoretical better use for pgems now or is it the same old - pruby/pame/psaph/pskull good, others bad.

Anyone can have a chance at 45-life skiller without trying to find one on
Baal
/nihl which is definitely an improvement.

I guess this is mostly a rhetorical question, more than anything else. :)

...also "Hi, long time, no see."
Description by Queegon

Can be used to make Runewords:

And for that matter, is it even worth 3 pgems to reroll a grand charm now that you can farm your own "
Baal
" charms at lvl 89+ in any
Terror
Zone?
Is there a theoretical better use for pgems now or is it the same old - pruby/pame/psaph/pskull good, others bad.

Anyone can have a chance at 45-life skiller without trying to find one on
Baal
/nihl which is definitely an improvement.

I guess this is mostly a rhetorical question, more than anything else. :)

...also "Hi, long time, no see."

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Aloha!

45 lifers with a solid skill tree are bound to remain valuable AF imo.

After all, everyone has always been able to find 40-lifers just about anywhere. Far more so than 45ers now actually, with them still being limited to the same 3 +
Terror
zones. And those have still always remained plenty high in value.

They'll certainly become (a lot) more common and probably drop a bit (though I'd be surprised if it becomes a truly significant drop). But in terms of cubing..what else would you go for with those gems? The crafting ones are their own category but the "crap gems"? There isn't much magic gear that can actually compete in value. JMOD I guess would be one of the very few truly valuable alternatives. But the odds of rolling that one, you need to nail 1 of 23 prefixes and 1 of 76 suffixes. Whereas with a skiller, your odds go up massively as you "only" need to nail x of 73 prefixes and 1 of 28 suffixes with x being the # of skill trees actually valuable. I'd personally put x around 10 so that's 1/7.3 x 1/28 x 1/4 (odds of having both, a pre- and suffix to begin with) = around 818 rerolls for a solid skiller ("solid" in this case being a rather strict 41 or higher life). As opposed to ~6992 rerolls to get a JMOD. So unless a JMOD is worth about 8.5 times as much as a solid 41+ skiller, skiller cubing still wins out. And that's ignoring the fact that you'd get plenty of other semi-valuable skillers (say 30 lifers) along the way to offset your gem cost whereas just about any non-JMOD shield is basically worthless.

I guess one could cube for armors or diadems as well but I'd be surprised if the market for those is any more worthwhile than skillers.

But yeah, ultimately it all boils down to how far skiller prices may or may not drop.

Disclaimer:
The # of prefixes/suffixes is based on a quick manual count I did just now so they might be off by 1 or 2.. :)
I think 45 lifers will still be expensive.

But 44 and below will drop quite a bit, once people fill their own inventories.

This is based on what i've seen with 19+/19+/x anni prices.

Ladder & Non-Ladder
I may be not understanding the previous answers, but I think the question is more along the lines of this:

Previously the only "good" ones to reoll were
Baal
, diablo and nihl dropped GC, as they were of higher treasure class and COULD roll 1 skill 45 life, where other charms couldnt get 45 period, so for rerolling they were almost worthless as its far less value.

But with the new TZ, wouldn't any level like 95 char dropped GC be = to a diablo/
Baal
dropped GC as far as reolling goes?

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
reconone wrote: 1 year ago
But with the new TZ, wouldn't any level like 95 char dropped GC be = to a diablo/
Baal
dropped GC as far as reolling goes?
Yup. Same thing really.

As far as the charm itself, they're not obsolete, they're merely less unique/now redundant to
Terror
zones. The real question is if that increase in possible such drops would drop 41+ life skiller value to the point of no longer being worth to even cube for which I for one sincerely doubt.
Speaking of "is rerolling worth it", I average 2 to 5 grand charms per
Terror
zone hour. And when I do
Travincal
i get 5+. My amazon is level 91, making all mobs 93, champions 95, uniques 96. What level does a mob need to be to roll a 41+ skiller? Because if it's 93 or higher I doubt I will keep more than 1 charm to roll at a time.

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
davme_mcreg wrote: 1 year ago
Speaking of "is rerolling worth it", I average 2 to 5 grand charms per
Terror
zone hour. And when I do
Travincal
i get 5+. My amazon is level 91, making all mobs 93, champions 95, uniques 96. What level does a mob need to be to roll a 41+ skiller? Because if it's 93 or higher I doubt I will keep more than 1 charm to roll at a time.
GC at least lvl 91 so your char at lvl 89 is fine.

Relax and have fun!
On the plus side, this theoretically increases the value (and demand) of pgems, since TZs causes higher level charm availability to increase, increasing potential demand for pgems due to more charms that can be re-rolled. In theory.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
halflife wrote: 1 year ago
On the plus side, this theoretically increases the value (and demand) of pgems, since TZs causes higher level charm availability to increase, increasing potential demand for pgems due to more charms that can be re-rolled. In theory.
True.
Though at the same time,
Terror
zones being prioritized over
Baal
runs and the like (which the game lists seem to support) means more trash cleared in the same amount of time (for most zones at least) which in turn also results in more pgems entering the economy to even that out.
I can agree to that. Been making probably 5 pgems an hour. Not nearly enough to keep with the gcs I'm funding, but about the same that I was getting when I was hunting ghosts for runes in arcane

agree with op. i'm selling it before they worth less
OP
People are already IDing and immediately dropping all bad ilvl91+ GCs in TZ party runs. They are already worthless since there's a ton of them now. Gems on the other hand...

Like @davme_mcreg said, keep one, maybe two GCs and reroll them till you get anything worthwhile since you can at least buy more gems for that and start rerolling another immediately. Am already selling "
Baal
" plain skillers I found or rolled.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
From ladder start I found about 5-6
Baal
/Nich/Diablo charms and I am constantly re-rolling them. Till now had two good re-rolls which trader and still some charms for re-rolling. So, from my point of view, till now I didn't have problems with charms supply, so nothing essentially changed :)

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
Queegon wrote: 1 year ago
People are already IDing and immediately dropping all bad ilvl91+ GCs in TZ party runs. They are already worthless since there's a ton of them now. Gems on the other hand...

Like @davme_mcreg said, keep one, maybe two GCs and reroll them till you get anything worthwhile since you can at least buy more gems for that and start rerolling another immediately. Am already selling "
Baal
" plain skillers I found or rolled.
That's been true for
Baal
for ages, too though.

Unless those same people actually do their own rerolling, they won't need them for anything and unless the charm rolled 41+ and hence proves the ilvl via the roll, you can't sell them either. So they're worthless (to them) no matter where they dropped. And those who do reroll tend to not keep all that many at the same time since you can blow hundreds upon hundreds of gems on a single one before it turns into anything good. Though that last part will naturally be amplified now that new ones are far easier to get once you did cube something worthwhile with your last one.
For me the main issue with keeping charms to reroll is that GCs take up an inordinate amount of space so I only want to keep 1 or two at most to roll, SCs on the other hand I'm fine keeping up to 5 to 6 and rolling them, and SCs usually end up getting good effects way sooner than GCs that I end up keeping (all res, 7% MF, 20 life + more, etc). Getting good skillers on the other hand, even getting a useful skiller at all without bonuses has been elusive to me, but that's just how RNGesus has been treating me
Anyone rolling jewels to try to get a 15/40?

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...