Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
13 replies   10451 views

Description

Hey everyone I’m sad to say that my offline single player experience is over for now. Last night I was doing meph runs with my 91 sorc and my laptop crashed during one of my runs. When I restarted, I attempted to log back in and my sorc was nowhere to be found and I could not log on to my other characters. After doing some research it seems that my character and stash files got corrupted. My sorc was my strongest character with around 400 mf. And my shared stash had 90% of my Wealth including mid and high runes. I’m upset because for me, single player offline was a fresh start. I really enjoyed leveling up my sorc and building Wealth and items to create build up other toons. I have a 72 summoner, a 42 barb, and I was about to start a javazon because i found some 195
Eth
titans.

Has anyone else dealt with this situation and is there any way to recover my shared stash and or my sorceress? If not, I’ll probably end up going back to online play which was starting to bore me :(

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey everyone I’m sad to say that my offline single player experience is over for now. Last night I was doing meph runs with my 91 sorc and my laptop crashed during one of my runs. When I restarted, I attempted to log back in and my sorc was nowhere to be found and I could not log on to my other characters. After doing some research it seems that my character and stash files got corrupted. My sorc was my strongest character with around 400 mf. And my shared stash had 90% of my Wealth including mid and high runes. I’m upset because for me, single player offline was a fresh start. I really enjoyed leveling up my sorc and building Wealth and items to create build up other toons. I have a 72 summoner, a 42 barb, and I was about to start a javazon because i found some 195
Eth
titans.

Has anyone else dealt with this situation and is there any way to recover my shared stash and or my sorceress? If not, I’ll probably end up going back to online play which was starting to bore me :(

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Hey Crush,

Do you have any automatic backups running? Since it's single player, you just need a clean .d2s file of your Sorceress and it should be fine AFAIK. Perhaps it's cached, duplicated, or stored somewhere on your computer - if you can locate a 'good copy', then put it back into the save directory, it could work again? Not sure if this works in Resurrected but worth a shot.

Or maybe try using a mod and rebuilding everything you lost? Clone a char from original d2? I wouldnt toss in the towel because of this.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
If your files got corrupted, it's going to be hard to recover.
Offline saves are stored in %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected

Unless you can find a backup, I think your only option is to rebuild your characters with an offline editor.
OP
Zelym wrote: 1 year ago
If your files got corrupted, it's going to be hard to recover.
Offline saves are stored in %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected

Unless you can find a backup, I think your only option is to rebuild your characters with an offline editor.
How would I go about doing that?
OP
FearGewd wrote: 1 year ago
Or maybe try using a mod and rebuilding everything you lost? Clone a char from original d2? I wouldnt toss in the towel because of this.
What kind of mod(s)?

Teebling 5827Admin

Europe PC
Crushnasty wrote: 1 year ago
FearGewd wrote: 1 year ago
What kind of mod(s)?
I think using HeroEditor might do the trick - you'd be able to build your sorc from the bottom up, save as a .d2s and then place that file in the directory someone above mentioned.

What kind of mod(s)?
I pulled this out of another forum, maybe it can help you. Im not very familiar with modding diablo..

vvvvvvvvvvvv

make a character in D2. Edit it with D2 Hero editor. Transfer save to D2:R.

You can use TCP/IP and join D2ga-net for a bit of item shopping too (they have vendors in ACT3 with every unique, set, runeword, and misc item, also some blues and rares you can modify later in the editor to equal what you were wearing). It makes editing easier than just doing it from scratch; and there’s less room for error, so you still have a ‘legit’ character.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
I can confirm Hero Editor does work, I used it a few times.
You can create a character in D2 (non-resurrected), edit it with Hero Editor and then transfer it to D2R.

edit:
OP
Zelym wrote: 1 year ago
I can confirm Hero Editor does work, I used it a few times.
You can create a character in D2 (non-resurrected), edit it with Hero Editor and then transfer it to D2R.

edit:
Thanks everyone I appreciate the help. I just might try this!
OP
Just a quick update. I was unable to figure out hero editor so I just decided to level up my javazon. Luckily I farmed some decent uniques with my sorc before she got corrupted. I made it all the way through hell on my javazon and I’m currently in act 3 hell on my barb. I am really struggling with cold enchanted enemies because thanks to the RNG gods, I have not found a single
Raven Frost
ring or even a Trang
Belt
. I also have to say I could not imagine starting from scratch with a melee character. They are so gear dependent! I have decent gear on my barb and I am struggling on p1 in certain areas.

I think I’ll be leveling a Wind druid next.
You can make Rhyme.
Super cheap but super good.

Relax and have fun!
OP
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
You can make Rhyme.
Super cheap but super good.
Yeah that’s true. I have a Spirit shield on my Java so I’d be giving up +2 skills. Possibly on my barb though

rikus 139

Amazon Americas PC
Just a quick update.
how were you fairing with high level runes on your single player with the sorc btw?
sorry to bring up the tragic loss thing

I'm attempting to finish a hammadin with this to farm so decent HL runes.. which i never got to have on online play...

talking about players 8 all the way of course.

goodluck, and may the RNG god be with you.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...