Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   8539 views

Description

As some of you know, I've only been doing Uber runs for about two weeks, and in that time I've completed 10. In four of those I rolled Sorc Torches, and all four traded in a matter of minutes on Battlenet. I got to thinking, that's pretty fast for trades. I realize that Paladin and Sorceress torches are the most sought after, but to trade all the Sorc torches in minutes to the first buyer seems a little off. Either decent Sorc torches are rare, I'm trading too low, or there's another motive driving the quick trades.

I did a little research and I think I have an idea of what's driving the quick sales, cash traders. Many cash traders will acquire items and then put them up on a cash trading website, or Ebay. So I did a little Ebay review to see what a Sorc Torch trades for and I was stunned. For example I traded a 20-15 for a
Ber
rune, and a 19-20 for a
Jah
. On Ebay, a 19-20 Sorc Torch sells for about $39.50, but a
Jah
rune sells for about $6.00. that means that my Sorch Torch will sell for more than six times what I asked for it. So it would make sense for a smart trader with near unlimited access to runes, to keep an eye on D2r trades and quickly grab anything that will not only make them money, but also eliminate low priced torches from negatively affecting their trade. So I think I might be trading a little too low? Any thoughts on this? Or am I once again overthinking things?
Description by mhlg

Can be used to make Runewords:

mhlg 840

Americas PC
As some of you know, I've only been doing Uber runs for about two weeks, and in that time I've completed 10. In four of those I rolled Sorc Torches, and all four traded in a matter of minutes on Battlenet. I got to thinking, that's pretty fast for trades. I realize that Paladin and Sorceress torches are the most sought after, but to trade all the Sorc torches in minutes to the first buyer seems a little off. Either decent Sorc torches are rare, I'm trading too low, or there's another motive driving the quick trades.

I did a little research and I think I have an idea of what's driving the quick sales, cash traders. Many cash traders will acquire items and then put them up on a cash trading website, or Ebay. So I did a little Ebay review to see what a Sorc Torch trades for and I was stunned. For example I traded a 20-15 for a
Ber
rune, and a 19-20 for a
Jah
. On Ebay, a 19-20 Sorc Torch sells for about $39.50, but a
Jah
rune sells for about $6.00. that means that my Sorch Torch will sell for more than six times what I asked for it. So it would make sense for a smart trader with near unlimited access to runes, to keep an eye on D2r trades and quickly grab anything that will not only make them money, but also eliminate low priced torches from negatively affecting their trade. So I think I might be trading a little too low? Any thoughts on this? Or am I once again overthinking things?

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
No, that correct: a perfect Storch cost 7-8
Ber
, you sold to low and for some people, who consider our game as a job, a means to make money, that an opportunity.

That the dark side of popular ARPG...
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Tetra wrote: 1 year ago
No, that correct: a perfect Storch cost 7-8
Ber
, you sold to low and for some people, who consider our game as a job, a means to make money, that an opportunity.

That the dark side of popular ARPG...
Thanks for a quick reply. Initially I was going to ask for
Jah
+
Jah
, but the information I got from some of the trade guides convinced me to sell for a
Jah
. I'm okay with that because it's all a learning process. I will however try for a little more on my next good find. BTW, I don't mind individuals using game items to make a little extra cash.

I don't even think money has to be involved in this instance. You traded the torches for way below market value that anyone looking for one for self-use would be all over them for that cheap too.

I should also mention that due to the seller fee schedule on eBay, prices on there across the board are a little inflated to cover the cost of eBay seller fees. The fees are much higher than what they used to be as they've shifted to become more buyer-friendly over the years.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
That is why my advice when people ask the price-check of endgame items is to take their time to sell.
Its price is always going up.

Relax and have fun!
Itā€™s fine to learn and discuss selling S torch for too low in game.

Make sure you donā€™t sell real-life assets e.g. a house for too low! šŸ˜Š

I feel bad now that I got my sorc torch for
Vex
+
Gul
. Them again, I couldnā€˜t afford more and I will damn sure use it on my sorc and not sell it!
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
TohJah wrote: 1 year ago
Itā€™s fine to learn and discuss selling S torch for too low in game.

Make sure you donā€™t sell real-life assets e.g. a house for too low! šŸ˜Š
I don't think I'll experience any difficulties in real-life deals. There's a large difference between imaginary value assigned to game items and the real value of physical tangibles. For me, the only point of trading is the acquisition of things I want for my builds, and so far I've done quite well. I know there are those here who see it as a form of Wealth, and some even acquire items to sell on Ebay, and that's okay too. The important point for me is I can acquire all the runes and items I need on my own and through trades.

Yeap agreed.

There are those who take this game very seriously, and even does it for real business.

And there are those like us who are more casual, just really playing + trading for fun!

OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
I did another run and once again got yet another Sorc Torch 10-17. This one is not nearly as good as the last one but the resistances are pretty good. Since my previous attempt at checking the value of torches didn't turn out as well as it should I thought I would ask for an estimate of value here first.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
You should either ask on price check section, or more simply look at the price history: look
Hellfire Torch
, filter on class Sorc and look for similar ones.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Even fairly rubbish ones seem to sell for around
Ohm

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
You should either ask on price check section, or more simply look at the price history: look
Hellfire Torch
, filter on class Sorc and look for similar ones.
I did that on my last trade and according to a number of forum members I undersold. So I've decided to go slow and check more than one source before trading. This is a mixed bad. Its plus to attributes is on the low side, but its 17 to resistances is heading toward the high side. As I understand it, resistances are a bit more important than attributes. How much difference is something I will have to learn through experience, but I can say that I've already traded 4 Sorc torches, most on the low side, and they all went in a matter of minutes.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I tend to believe that the difference between a 17/10 and a 10/17 is rather small, and the better the sum the better the torch overall.

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
While max res is always useful. For most builds, you will put enough point into str,dex to wear gear and all remaining into vitality.
Most of the time you ignore Energy.

Because Enigma exists, you can even ignore Strength.

So basically, you add some points into dex to wear gear or max block and all remaining into vitality.

For this reason, I always buy 10/17 and never 17/10.

Relax and have fun!
OP

mhlg 840

Americas PC
Necrarch wrote: 1 year ago
I tend to believe that the difference between a 17/10 and a 10/17 is rather small, and the better the sum the better the torch overall.
To many that might true, but I look at it like this. For every 10 to all resistances you can carry 4 fewer small charms. Attributes are nice but you get to a point where the numbers increase start to provide little perceivable benefit, except for resistance which you can never have too much. For instance, my Zon's AR reached 95% to kill everything a few levels ago, and more strength would give me nothing. More vitality is always desirable, but for my build leech is the real lifeline. So I guess it depends on the build.

Necrarch 1606Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Agreed, res are slightly better than stats.

Annihilus

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...