diablo2.io is supported by ads
36 replies   16606 views

Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

Schnorki 3175Moderator

PC
Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
@Schnorki happy to build out a new feature if you think people would find it useful - you did a great job with the dclone tracker in that regard!

When they finalise the areas that can spawn as
Terror
zones I'll probably add a pseudo-db entry for that, and a filter for it for the Areas category.
Was more or less a joke for now though ultimately, it depends on how they implement it.

IF it ends up being a global thing, then a tracker won't do you much good as the zone will be set across the board, you'll be in your preferred (or clone camping) zone and either participate or not, depending on the zone. Or it'd make you log in for cows but if it is the same across the board, logging in to check isn't too much of an ask as opposed to a tracker.

If however the zone is different per region and you have some crap half-empty pointless zone on say Europe while Americas has the cow lvl terrorized...that'd be VERY valuable information and would be awesome not to have to switch for. For that, I dare say it'd be totally worth having a tracker for. If that'll be the case/needed however, we really have no idea yet.
Chili Pepper wrote: 1 year ago
Why no one
Talk about
Metalgrid
? )
Because it still kinda sucks, having to use
Metalgrid
. Though there are certain specific builds for whom it may well be worth it after the change. Namely those that can protect the pathetic no-mastery-IG and who gain more from him as an extra aura stick than they do from a better necklace. So something like a phys bowazon with WF who would then get a might/Pride merc and a fana IG on top.
I had the luck yesterday to try out
Terror
zone in cows.

They provided a hammerdin, a javazon and a trapsin with somewhat endgame gear.

It turns out the clear speed isn't really affected vs regular hell cows for the hammerdin and the javazon and minimally for the trapsin.

They should really up the difficulty for level 90+ imho.
Terror
zone in cows is the best place for leveling /even at player 1/.
The Terrorized Zone concept is so awesome. Makes super versatile chars like Frostmaiden (split phys/cold dmg) very viable. I might actually hit 99 one day.
moonlit wrote: 1 year ago
The Terrorized Zone concept is so awesome. Makes super versatile chars like Frostmaiden (split phys/cold dmg) very viable. I might actually hit 99 one day.
until you hit a champion with phys/frost immunity :D

Conspirator wrote: 1 year ago
Terror
I wish they made Cows more dangerous (faster, using skills, immunities) or added new mosters (Frenzytaurs fit thematically). Otherwise the level is just too easy, especially for AoE builds.
Trang Oul wrote: 1 year ago
Conspirator wrote: 1 year ago
Terror
I wish they made Cows more dangerous (faster, using skills, immunities) or added new mosters (Frenzytaurs fit thematically). Otherwise the level is just too easy, especially for AoE builds.
yeah, the trap assa on the ptr has the highest kill speed ever... tried in terrorized cows yesterday. there is no difference with a 11k damage light trap and the Death trap. put a Death trap in between and a
whole packs drop instantly.
for high damage builds a higher difficulty wouldn't be bad.

Soli 14

Playstation
Are there going to be new ladder-only rune words for season 2? Feel like that should have been in the patch notes and PTR.

ShadowHeart 1735Moderator

Europe PC
My guess is that all we're gonna get is what was in the patch notes, and whatever extra balancing they announce as a result of the PTR.
Buuuuut, they may surprise us all and add more content, who knows? Probably not, I think the content addition for the next ladder is going to be
Terror
zones only.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
If they add more stuff down the line, there will be another PTR probably.
How are the
Terror
zones? I love the idea in theory but it sounds like they're too easy, it would be great if they were genuinely difficult.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Europe PC
I haven't tested it myself, but from what I hear, it depends a lot on what zones are chosen. Technically, you can farm XP and TC87 items from any area that becomes terrorized, but some areas are just naturally better thanks to monster count, mob density, number of containers, and ease of access.

Cows and
Chaos Sanctuary
, for example, are from what I've heard simply magnificent when terrorized.

In terms of difficulty, terrorized zones are not really that much more difficult than the zones are normally, from what I've heard. I'm sure think that's feedback that they'll be getting, so hopefully they can increase the general difficulty of terrorized zones before the patch goes live.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
How are the
Terror
zones? I love the idea in theory but it sounds like they're too easy, it would be great if they were genuinely difficult.
yes, personally, I find them too easy.
however, it may be a test on the ptr and they make them harder on live servers. would be good.

I did a very brief trial on PTR and the difficulty felt exactly the same. If you think about it, all upping the monster level does is make them harder to hit and more likely to hit you. For character classes that don't depend on attack rating, the former doesn't matter, and the latter is generally not an issue unless you're being completely negligent. A lot of the monsters in game don't have the arsenal to be a threat to you as a level 95+ character who knows what they're doing.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL

Europe PC
Yeah, maybe they need to give mobs in a terrorized zone a damage boost and/or HP boost, maybe based on how much their level is increased.

Schnorki 3175Moderator

PC
I'm inclined to say a lvl boost already results in an HP boost to them. Albeit just a guess on my part.

Either way, HP/base dmg alone doesn't suddenly make them dangerous.

Most (really all, since the viper patch) mobs in this game are an utter joke to any geared character. Taking them from lvl 8x to 9x, even if everything about them scaled the same 10-20% would still leave them as an utter joke. They won't get dangerous until you add some sort of new abilities and whatnot to them.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation