Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
15 replies   2107 views

Description

hi,

some days ago i was asking myself which chars and builds would be played by other gamers.
And what are the most popular builds. or what builds are not perfect, but makes fun.

at the moment i have this chars in stock

barb: at the moment a
Frenzy
barb
sorc 1: lightning sorc
sorc 2: here i want to build up a 200fcr
Nova
sorc.
ama 1: javazone
ama 2: here i want to build up a bowazone with Faith,
Guided Arrow
, multishot and
Strafe

(i liked it 20 years ago. my bowazone and multishot through the map pew pew pew)
paladin 1: smiter build
paladin 2: hammerdin
assasin: now a trapsin. because i was very dissapointed about the speed nerf of the kicksin
druid: at the moment a Wind druid.
necro: i dont know which build i should play.

what do you think about this builds
Hydra
sorc?
barb as a singer?
fire druid?
double Dream pala?
poison necro?

old builds i have tested. but i dont like it
summoner necro (because too slow for me)
pure blizzard sorc (enemies are dancing through my blizzard )
blizz-baller sorc (i dont know why but i dont like it when i cant max a attack with all synergies)
kicksin (this should be my new uber ultra killer, but than the speed nerf come. so the job is done by my smiter again)
Whirlwind
barb (a little bit annoying when i go through the enemies or have to attack a second time because
of thinking false about my attack range)

Can be used to make Runewords:

hi,

some days ago i was asking myself which chars and builds would be played by other gamers.
And what are the most popular builds. or what builds are not perfect, but makes fun.

at the moment i have this chars in stock

barb: at the moment a
Frenzy
barb
sorc 1: lightning sorc
sorc 2: here i want to build up a 200fcr
Nova
sorc.
ama 1: javazone
ama 2: here i want to build up a bowazone with Faith,
Guided Arrow
, multishot and
Strafe

(i liked it 20 years ago. my bowazone and multishot through the map pew pew pew)
paladin 1: smiter build
paladin 2: hammerdin
assasin: now a trapsin. because i was very dissapointed about the speed nerf of the kicksin
druid: at the moment a Wind druid.
necro: i dont know which build i should play.

what do you think about this builds
Hydra
sorc?
barb as a singer?
fire druid?
double Dream pala?
poison necro?

old builds i have tested. but i dont like it
summoner necro (because too slow for me)
pure blizzard sorc (enemies are dancing through my blizzard )
blizz-baller sorc (i dont know why but i dont like it when i cant max a attack with all synergies)
kicksin (this should be my new uber ultra killer, but than the speed nerf come. so the job is done by my smiter again)
Whirlwind
barb (a little bit annoying when i go through the enemies or have to attack a second time because
of thinking false about my attack range)
Currently have:

- Lvl 91 FoH Pally, mainly for CS. Started life as a
Holy Freeze
Zealot, which was ok but this was my first char and I didn't have a lot of gear so he was a bit slow at killing things

- Lvl 90
Lightning Fury
Java, mainly for cows now but felt like I needed one of the strong builds after the Zealot just to get some effective farming done

- Lvl 85
Frenzy
Barb, mainly for everything else, including Ubers. He is probably my favourite because he is very versatile but safe pretty much anywhere. Use him for Ubers because I find
Smite
a bit dull and prefer to keep my Pally as a CS runner

- Lvl ~ 80 Riftsin, extremely fun and strong but life is dangerous, probably need to work on gearing her up a bit to get the most out of her, would thoroughly recommend it though. Not sure if it is as strong as a regular kicksin but it's great craic

- Lvl ~ 80 Poison Necro because I find summoners pretty dull and the poison route appealed, but I don't have
Death's Web
so he is some way from being as good as he can be. Still pretty effective with White on P1 though

- Lvl 75 wearbear/summon hybrid Druid that uses most of the Immortal King set. Bit random but came across a guide for the build and thought it might be fun for 2.4. Bit slow for my tastes but extremely tanky and quite a spectacle :)

- Lvl 75
Hydra
/Orb sorc. This is my only Ladder char, she's ok but my gear is terrible and there's something about sorcs that doesn't quite butter my parsnips

- Lvl 70 strafezon that I am currently working on. Really enjoying this one too but I'm trying max dex so she is extremely squishy. The amount of times I have died to a Death
Nova
because I've been careless... Need a
Windforce
to have her fully geared though, as well as
Atma
's and the GG charms that you should apparently have. In general I have found her very effective, even though conventional Wisdom seems to be that it's not a great build without all the GG stuff

Plan is to make Phil Taylor the throw barb next.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
Main char is a FoH/Smiter mix paladin lvl 90, with all the obvious +skills that goes with it. i maxed out fataticism, holyshield and working on
Smite
together with the 2 obvious
Holy Bolt
and FoH.
usually just Chaos with
Vigor
on, with a switch for redemtion if i need mana/life and change to
Fanaticism
if some beetles or other Beast type mobs are blocking the way, makes the merc murder them in seconds, also use
Fanaticism
for bosses.
the smiter mix, just means that if i want to do ubers i change some gear and boom, fully able to do that without any issue.
got a sorc blizz sorc for boring stuff like farming keys :)
Main char is lvl 96
Frenzy
Horker Barb for Trav runs and
Key
farming. He wears Enigma for quick movement and uses Last Wish + 6 Isted PB (or sometimes Ali Baba) weapon combo. 600%+ MF / 75%
Find Item
chance. Horked 3 4 Surs off Trav in the last week or two with him. He's my true money maker and wears the pants in the family. Found/horked 7 Jahs total with him over the last 8 months or so.

2nd favorite char is 93 Zealot / Smiter for crushing nearly anything. This guy charges around everywhere is an unstoppable force.
Azurewrath
/
Dragonscale
combo for super high elemental damage, able to kill any sort of Physical Immune very quickly (great for WSK level 3). Then have Grief / Spirit shield combo for Ubers, which works well (still looking for that perfect Exile base). Able to kill Meph in about 15-20 seconds and then can tank the other 2 same time no problem. Wears
Guardian Angel
chest armor with all maxed out 90%+ resists and about 23k armor total with
Fanaticism
(32k if I switch to
Defiance
).
Raven Frost
Thundergod's Vigor
and
Dragonscale
provide Cold, Lightning and Fire absorb so the elements don't really hurt him. And with 23k armor and buffed up health from CTA, even the undead Stygian Dolls don't phase him (much) anymore. Sometimes will switch to
Defiance
if I see a big pack of them, just in case.

And lastly is my 92 Light Sorc on my other account, mostly for my girlfriend to play with me. I did all of the build crafting and gearing up for that char, and enjoy using it myself every now and then for super fast clears, but slower when it comes to bosses.

PC online, P1 or P2 (with my 2nd account), about half items self-found, half traded for.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
currently have 3 champs.

barb - conc/
Berserk
- 500egm/300bcgmi - travnical runs - with other gear can do ubers (but i'm not doin em at all)
Doom Wind druid - Enigma -
Key
runs, help other players etc
multizon - cow runs

plannin to make paladin, probably smiter or combination of some builds.

Image...ladder also
if online, contact me via bn chat for fast trade or negotiations after placing reply here.
If u need help with SCNL "Socket" quest, ubers or waypoints, feel free to contact me. Will gladly help.
Currently I have a blizz sorc who I used for all my MFing and now for keys, a Bowazon almost fully geared, still need a few charms and 2 more 15/40 jewels, and a boring ass slow as molasses smiter for ubers.

I love my bowazon, she kills CS and WSK faster than my sorc, she just has no mf lol. Whenever I feel like actually playing the game and just having fun I start her up!

I am available for trading every other week, limited trading on my off week.
Thanks for understanding.

Bouncing back and forth between D2 and D4
My all chars are online but SP, meaning always P1.

First one is lvl 94 Hydrorb. Mainly using her to farm ST, Countess or Summoner. She has full
Tal
's set with Spirit and other MF gears. Quite good, actually.

Then I have a Necro lvl 92. He's mainly summoner but uses AD-CE combo and also poison. It is easy to max SS and SM without any effort and there are so many points left always so I decided to make it kind of summon-poison hybrid. I use Trang's 3 pieces (gloves, shield and
Belt
with Enigma,
Death's Web
and Mara's-
Shako
. For P1, it is incredibly fast to farm everywhere including act bosses and he can actually do Ubers, too.

After him, I have a Hammerdin with
Smite
pump. I mostly farm with him DKey or do Ubers. But I believe in general, Pala is a little bit exaggerated char. It is unfair that Palas have great shields with 4 socket possibilities and others (Necro?) don't. He has HoTo/Spirit for normal farming and Grief/Exile for Ubers.

And last of them is WW barb. With Grief-Beast combo, he actually breaks Trav and CS.

* I trade both ladder and non-ladder, please check before asking.
* All my trades are for runes, keys (especially KoT and KoH) and essences!
Chars I have this ladder season:

Nova
sorc w/ hybrid ES: she has about 20 less mana than health (1.8k), so she never get cursed by blood mana.
This is a safe build that can also farm anywhere. More tanky than full ES build vs gloams from maxed res.
Skills: 1 in ES, max TK, max
Nova
& synergy, rest into
Warmth

Javazon/frostmaiden hybrid: she spends 40 point on
Freezing Arrow
& synergy, rest into LF, CS & LB.
This is a lazy player 1 WSK runner, you can forget about CTA bo/Infinity aura proc on monsters, etc.
Java side: tstroke & headhunter w/ 3 low light facets
Bow side: Ice runeword
Merc: act 5 w/ Plague
Stash: 2 bow skillers, 2 java skillers, many +cold dmg small charms to keep monsters frozen :)
Currently have, all non-ladder. All power judgements are based on P1 only, because non of my friends play D2R . In terms of gear, everyone except my poison necro and bowazon are fairly budget.

-92 Poison Necro. He's pretty well geared, absolute unstoppable murder machine. My favorite class and build by far.

-91 Lightning Sorceress. She's wearing mostly Tals with some other stuff I found. Originally had her in a DPS setup until my Poison Necro got set up, now she's MF. Still pretty powerful, but I ought to switch her to Blizzard or hydraorb or something.

-90 Summon Necro. He's my first character in D2R. Love the build, it's just too slow without a few things I can't afford.

-90 Javazon. She's a javazon, almost 'nuff said. Good class, can't complain. Fun, but limited in where she can farm because I don't have Infinity.

-89 WW Barb. He melts
Travincal
, which is fun, and he's pretty fast for a melee with
Frenzy
on my left click. It's a playstyle I enjoy, though mine definitely needs more gear to be super effective.

-84 Smiter. It's an interesting build. Basically indestructible, but sooooo slooooow. He's basically useless for anything but Ubers, which is a bit of a shame.

-83 Physical Bowazon. She has Faith merc,
Windforce
Giant Skull
, and Fortitude, and she's absurdly powerful at P1. I gemmed for max IAS and It's like running around with an auto shotgun tearing up cardboard boxes. I deviated a bit from the norm, maxed
Guided Arrow
and Multishot, then have been putting points into
Magic Arrow
instead of
Strafe
so I don't have to slow down for phys immunes like ghosts. There's nothing she can't kill fast. I don't have any meta charms at all, only running res charms and a torch I found. I'm assuming she slows down a lot at higher Plevels, because everyone rates Phys bowazon as being very low tier, but at P1 she's a monster. Easily my 2nd most powerful character behind posion necro, and he's only ahead because he has Enigma.

-82 Wind Druid. Another really fun build that can fight basically anywhere, but extremely slow and surprisingly squishy against archer packs. Enigma helps this build a ton! Without it, it's quite the trudge.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
Hey, i could do with a little feedback/advice on my smiter,
It's set up as follows:

Helm
: [Guillaume's Face] - 1 Empty Socket
Weapon: [The Fetid Sprinkler] - 1 Empty Socket
Shield: [Herald of Zakarum] - 1 P
Diamond

Body: [Enigma Arch Plate]
Belt
: [Thundergod's Vigor]
Boots
: [Goblin Toe]
Gloves: [Dracul's Grasp]
Ring1: [Raven Frost]
Ring2: [Wisp Projector]
Amulet: [Bone Emblem] (Going to replace with kalaidascope when i can pick a cheapish one up)

I've also got a few FHR charms in inventory, but i could make the next breakpoint with some jewels and a couple more charms...
So, Should i add Resistance to my empty sockets?
or should i add FHR jewels?
Or even a
Mal
into the weapon to prevent monster heal?
Or a Higher rune with more % for crushing blow or something?

My resistances are currently; 52%,29%,27%,23%
And im on the 5 frames per second hit recovery...
Bjshamb wrote: 1 year ago
Hey, i could do with a little feedback/advice on my smiter,
It's set up as follows:

Helm
Diamond

Belt
Boots
Amulet: [Bone Emblem] (Going to replace with kalaidascope when i can pick a cheapish one up)

I've also got a few FHR charms in inventory, but i could make the next breakpoint with some jewels and a couple more charms...
So, Should i add Resistance to my empty sockets?
or should i add FHR jewels?
Or even a
Mal
into the weapon to prevent monster heal?
Or a Higher rune with more % for crushing blow or something?

My resistances are currently; 32%,9%,7%,3%
And im on the 5 frames per second hit recovery...
Okay So I'm going to give you my two cents. This may not be the best answer as I only use my smiter for ubers and DClone and he's terribly slow when it comes to killing regular mobs. However, I can kill
Uber Diablo
in less than 30 seconds. I will preface this by saying I made my smiter to be cheap (total cost was a few
Ist
runes, maybe a
Vex
and a bit, not including the torch), however this is not the fastest or the safest, just what I was willing to put in.

Helm
Correct, put in an
Um
rune, or if you have money an all res jewel with a mod you prefer

This will vary depending on your budget. Super cheap go with Black in a
Flail
. For what looks like
Um
to
Ist
you can get
Heaven's Light
. Look for a 2 socket and put in 2
Shael
you will get to the fastest break point with
Fanaticism
. Or, if you want to kill mobs faster and not be miserable like me, you can go with the tried and true Grief. And the budget goes up from there. I'm guessing you're using the sprinkler for the
Decrepify
? But trust me,
Life Tap
is better. You can get
The Reaper's Toll
on your merc if you want a
Decrepify
proc, but
Life Tap
keeps you alive.

Diamond

Absolutely fine. Also Exile if you want another proc for
Life Tap
and you're rich. You lose about 27 all res using Exile instead of HoZ (which I why I use HoZ) and that's at a minimum. The 45 res 4os pally shields are super expensive.

I'm going to be controversial here and say ditch the Enigma. If you want the
Teleport
, life, run walk, mf that's fine. I don't think the paladin needs it and my alternate has yet to let me down. I run Smoke as my main armor piece with Treachery to proc
Fade
. With the rest of the resistances I only need to do this when facing
Uber Mephisto
and then I'm always max res.

Belt
Perfectly fine. I only use it when facing the ubers. I like
Verdungo's Hearty Cord
for the hit recovery and damage reduction. ( You also get 15% physical resist from the
Fade
bringing you up to 30% so far)

Boots
Fine if you're low on crushing blow from other sources. I'm at 83% with the gear I'm running and I think it's fine enough. I would sub in
Gore Rider
just for the faster run walk alone, but it also has a myriad of other reasons.

Perfect. If you wanted to you could look for crushing blow IAS gloves, but I don't think they're nessessary or worth the cost. Someone else with actual experience using different gloves can chime in.

BiS no other change needed

Fine also. An alternate that I run because I had one was
Dwarf Star
ring. Super cheap, I'm seeing them for PGems. It all comes down to how you want to put your skills in. I already had light absorb from
Thundergod's Vigor
I wanted some fire absorb.

I'm guessing this is a rare amulet? I agree with Maras, but all you really need are resists, as the paladin doesn't rely that much on plus to skills. (I'm aware of the hypocrisy of saying that and then suggesting
Heaven's Light
, but its a free +3 for cheap)

For skills I went pure smiter, no
Zeal
splash. max
Fanaticism
, max
Smite
, max
Holy Shield
, then all other points into
Resist Fire
Resist Lightning
Resist Cold
, whichever resist is lowest. Bring them all up as close as you can to 95.

For charms, I only went with FHR and whatever resists I needed (and a torch ofc). Your torch doesn't have to be a pally torch either, find a nice cheap off class torch 15+/15+ and work your way up to a pally torch. I have 22 extra FHR to bring me to the 86 breakpoint (4 frames). You will need 10 more when you switch to tgod.

As I said, I'm not going to say mine is the best, just easily done on a budget and can make you money easily. Because I don't have
Teleport
I have to kill everything to get to
Uber Izual
and
Lilith
, but I play safe. You could of course pick up a Call To Arms, but I didn't want to spend the
Ohm
-
Lo
(I have a very expensive GF bowazon I need to pay for).
Life Tap
keeps me alive for most of it and I have my finger on my full rejouves. Only died once from
Lilith
(she had might aura and I was cursed. She one shot me). And the ubers don't make me go below half health before
Life Tap
brings me back to full in 1 hit.

As I said, my two cents. Hit me up if you have any questions. I have a 1 socket
Heaven's Light
with a
Shael
in it you can have if you want to add me but the extra
Shael
really makes a difference.

Thanks for the feedback, Secured My Amulet.

Probably gonna stick with my Enigma, for now atleast, i spent so long saving up for it i want to get my runes worth outta it ;)

Weapon wise, while checking for heavens light in my char storage, i found a Kingslayer phaseblade that someone dropped a while back that's been gathering dust in storage. thinking im gonna use that given all its bonus's (& the fact that it's free lol)

I'll
Um
the
Helm
when i get one again after some runs.

This is mainly for ubers, with a little bit of random play too, i have other char's for grindings (Javazon &
Hydra
-Orb Sorc)
Perfect. Love the Kingslayer!

I have a few chars, but I'm gonna show my most succesful one so far. the Huricane druid.
I also want to highlight that the gear I have ATM aren't exactly amazing, but are enough and do the job just fine! Alot of players think they need GG stuff to be efficient =w='''
Big picture summary in spoilers ^^
the torch and anni aren't that impressive. (torch = 19/13 / anni = 10/14/8)
the torch and anni aren't that impressive. (torch = 19/13 / anni = 10/14/8)
Surprisingly tanky! And res is honestly not that much of an issue because of
Cyclone Armor
and the big life pool my
Oak Sage
provides (and don't forget all the summons!)
Walking with
Hurricane
and killing everything with tornados is so much fun. Next upgrades : Hoto, Enigma and a stupid amazing pelt ^^ (I already have a Spirit hidden in my stash waiting for me)

(That
Diadem
was such a let down when I imbued it, but it'll do for now)

(honorable mention to my non ladder javazon that I decided to turn into a bowzon on impulse and now I must live with the consequences :) )
(And also to my hammerdin that's probably superior to my huricane druid. I'll never get used to the hammers, but they sure pack a punch!)

Your
Jah
4 my feet pics

Xbox : Pockt Opossm
Switch : 8280-1208-2530
Mainly on Xbox n Pc tho :)
Usually online around 18:00 - 23:30 EST (-5 UTC)

Necrarch 1612Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
Peaceful_Leaf wrote: 1 year ago
I have a few chars, but I'm gonna show my most succesful one so far. the Huricane druid.
I also want to highlight that the gear I have ATM aren't exactly amazing, but are enough and do the job just fine! Alot of players think they need GG stuff to be efficient =w='''
Big picture summary in spoilers ^^
gwilherm total.PNG

Surprisingly tanky! And res is honestly not that much of an issue because of
Cyclone Armor
and the big life pool my
Oak Sage
provides (and don't forget all the summons!)
Walking with
Hurricane
and killing everything with tornados is so much fun. Next upgrades : Hoto, Enigma and a stupid amazing pelt ^^ (I already have a Spirit hidden in my stash waiting for me)

(That
Diadem
was such a let down when I imbued it, but it'll do for now)

(honorable mention to my non ladder javazon that I decided to turn into a bowzon on impulse and now I must live with the consequences :) )
(And also to my hammerdin that's probably superior to my huricane druid. I'll never get used to the hammers, but they sure pack a punch!)
Cool stuff, thanks for sharing never seen a Naj used that way to just MF boost through the merc. :)
Side note : it's probably worth upping the
Goldwrap
just for the extra potion slot. (recipes/recipe-exceptional-version-of-armor-t3295.html , normal to exceptional is cheap)

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
I usually play ~2 chars at any given time "dubbed "active").
All non-ladder:
Lvl85 Blizzard sorc (next in line to play)
Lvl79 Trap Assassin
Lvl89 Tornadostormer
Lvl85 Frency Barb
Lvl85
Travincal
WW ("active")
Lvl85 Smiter
Lvl66 Venomancer ("active")

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...