Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
20 replies   5763 views

Description

I remember them saying the cadence would be every four months. Have there been any announcements about season 2 ladder? Season 1 should be nearly over soon, given that it started late April.
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
I remember them saying the cadence would be every four months. Have there been any announcements about season 2 ladder? Season 1 should be nearly over soon, given that it started late April.

Yeah season 1 started on the 28th of april.. So going by that, it should be over august 26 - 29. D3 is suppose to start around that same time too so they may space it out a bit.

Deleted User 632 0

Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
what do you plan on playing ladder season 2? maybe we could have a poll for what season 2 character people will start on the front page, or maybe a countdown for season 2.
OP

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
Udyret wrote: 1 year ago
what do you plan on playing ladder season 2? maybe we could have a poll for what season 2 character people will start on the front page, or maybe a countdown for season 2.
A poll/new topic for 'what you will play in s2' would be cool yeah :) Go ahead anyone who wants to start that off, even if it is a bit early.

Countdown will come back when I get a datetime from Blizz, it will be just like the one for S1 (hopefully I'll get the timezones right this time lol :P)

there are two sources who say 25th of august, but blizzard hasn't said anything yet.

so, we don't know :)

Seems too early for me. 2.4 was first announced in late December 2021, then we had several months of PTR testing and only at the end of April new ladder was launched. So as for now 4 months ladder schedule is unrealistic, unless the ladder is supposed to be reset without a patch, which would be very disappointing (although usual in legacy D2). Unfortunately, the days of "surprise" patches without PTR are long gone.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Trang Oul wrote: 1 year ago
Seems too early for me. 2.4 was first announced in late December 2021, then we had several months of PTR testing and only at the end of April new ladder was launched. So as for now 4 months ladder schedule is unrealistic, unless the ladder is supposed to be reset without a patch, which would be very disappointing (although usual in legacy D2). Unfortunately, the days of "surprise" patches without PTR are long gone.
The PTR testing involved all steps from starting a season to ending that season to starting the next one.

I'm sure there's some expectation in the community for a content patch to arrive in time for season 2 but solely from a ladder perspective, the mechanics are there and it isn't needed. We can move straight into S2 without a patch. Plus we don't know whether they intend for S2 to even start immediately after S1 closes or if we end up with S1 closed, a month of nothing and only then with S2.

So basically...no clue. :D

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
I expect a 2 weeks gap between the end of ladder 1 and the beginning of ladder 2.
Like what happened with the release of 2.4 and the ladder start.
I'm more curious on how they are going to transfer all the shared stashes into non-ladder stuff.

Also excited to combine all my most powerful stuff from ladder chars on my already existing non-ladder chars =w=

Your
Jah
4 my feet pics

Xbox : Pockt Opossm
Switch : 8280-1208-2530
Mainly on Xbox n Pc tho :)
Usually online around 18:00 - 23:30 EST (-5 UTC)

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Peaceful_Leaf wrote: 1 year ago
I'm more curious on how they are going to transfer all the shared stashes into non-ladder stuff.

Also excited to combine all my most powerful stuff from ladder chars on my already existing non-ladder chars =w=
That part, we know.

1) Your ladder characters, along with their personal stashes, will be converted to non-ladder and act exactly the same as your existing non-ladder characters.
2) Your ladder shared stash tabs will be accessible via your non-ladder stash but will be read-only tabs, meaning you can grab all of your stashed ladder gear and move it to your non-ladder chars/stash.
3) Once season 2 ends, your read-only shared stash tabs from season 1 are deleted and replaced with the ones from season 2. So make sure you grab everything you want out of them before that happens.

Me too! I'm hoping to trade for a
Windforce
on Ladder because I happened to find one I could afford but only have a bowazon on NL, which is currently dithering between
Eaglehorn
, Goldstrike, and Harmony.

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Lord-Jonty wrote: 1 year ago

Windforce
on Ladder because I happened to find one I could afford but only have a bowazon on NL, which is currently dithering between
Eaglehorn
See above.
(Go for it - if you can wait until season end that is)

Deleted User 73148 0

cheers for that Schnorki
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago

Windforce
Eaglehorn
See above.
I went for it :)

There's little chance I'll find it myself before the season ends so why not?

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Janet the Java wrote: 1 year ago
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago

Windforce
Eaglehorn
See above.
I went for it :)

There's little chance I'll find it myself before the season ends so why not?
Even if, you can always just sell it again. :)
Either way, congrats!

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
@Teebling How diablo2.io will handle the ladder's end regarding listed trades?
Will the ladder tag be removed automatically or do we need to do that ourself?
OP

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
Tetra wrote: 1 year ago
I'll have a few things to do, but yes one of them will be resetting all trades to Non-Ladder status when the patch goes live. You won't need to do this yourself.

ShadowHeart 1786Moderator

Europe PC
Btw, Blizzard's global community lead replied on Twitter to a direct question that PTR should be sometime mid-to-late August, or however you want to interpret what he wrote;
https://twitter.com/PezRadar/status/155 ... nbi2P_0Ibg

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Tetra wrote: 1 year ago
I'll have a few things to do, but yes one of them will be resetting all trades to Non-Ladder status when the patch goes live. You won't need to do this yourself.
Any chance for a "don't convert this one!" check we can place to keep them as ladder? My WTB ones will be just as applicable to S2 as they are now, sadly. :D
(Well, assuming the weather stops being so phenomenal again by then and I actually log in again for a change for s2)
OP

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
Perhaps Schnork yeah - I need to put my head down and have a good think about it tbh (getting site ready for S2).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation