Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   4188 views

Description

So I found a
Cham
rune and after being very happy at first there seems to be no real use for it. It doesn't seem to be worth much (according to the price check tool) and the runewords Pride, Doom, Hand of Justice (side from needing the occasional
Ohm
Lo
or
Sur
) are not great as well.
So - useless rune?

Can be used to make Runewords:

So I found a
Cham
rune and after being very happy at first there seems to be no real use for it. It doesn't seem to be worth much (according to the price check tool) and the runewords Pride, Doom, Hand of Justice (side from needing the occasional
Ohm
Lo
or
Sur
) are not great as well.
So - useless rune?
Lol, I have the same question.
Found
Cham
this morning, already made HoJ.
Others runewords are not really good.

Relax and have fun!
I would wait for the end of the ladder to try Mist, for amazon or act 1 rogue.

louner 197

Europe PC
I stucked mine into
Arreat's Face
for a
Travincal
running barb (which is great in this case because
Raven Frost
adds cold damage,
Cham
does not, so you can hork more) and another one into
Shako
for some different build. You can free up ring slot for something else this way if you were using
Raven Frost
. For me
Cham
is primarily for "cannot be frozen".

I would argue that Pride is great for a necro summoner and bowazon. :P

as louner said, its great for mf/gold barb because u dont crush some monsters in pieces.
also can be used in mercs equipement.
if u plannin to play with druid, donno is there better build for him than Doom Wind.

its usefull rune

Image...ladder also
if online, contact me via bn chat for fast trade or negotiations after placing reply here.
If u need help with SCNL "Socket" quest, ubers or waypoints, feel free to contact me. Will gladly help.

Asha 346

Sorceress Europe PC
Imo,
Cham
is either:

1) CBF effect in your headgear, so you nn to use Ravenfrost (hooray for horker, and another SoJ/BK for hammer, etc);
2) Plague weapon - either for assy, or daggermancer, or a5/a3 merc. BiS for fireclaw+armag shifter druid;
3) Pride/Mist/HoJ/Doom component.

Edit: 4) And if neither of the above satisfies you - I'll gladly swap it for my
Vex
šŸ™‚ Just give a holler.

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
knightfall1985 wrote: 1 year ago
... Pride, Doom, Hand of Justice (side from needing the occasional
Ohm
Lo
or
Sur
) are not great as well.
So - useless rune?
I mean...sure, if "BiS for multiple builds" is your definition of "not great" and you ignore the fact that it is one of the very few runes with an actually useful socket effect in and by itself (making it a socket BiS for multiple builds as well), then yeah, useless.
OP
Thanks for all the advice.
My horker has Trang-Ouls Girth for cbf. My Venomancer has full Trang because I think it's cool, my Druid is a Tornadostormer with Hoto. :-)

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
You can trade it for
Ohm
and make CTA if none of the above satisfy you.

mhlg 843

Americas PC
So I found a
Cham
Ohm
Lo
or
Sur
) are not great as well.
So - useless rune?
I've also found a
Cham
, and I'm waiting until I can make a Mist bow. I already have a 5os GM bow and all the runes ready to go.

Please post offer in item trade before adding me on Bnet

Nate 535

Switch
Hate to be the guy to state the obvious, but
Cham
is half a
Zod
, offline anyways. Online you should be able to trade for a
Zod
, maybe? Then ebotd? Donā€™t know what char your running but itā€™d still be useful.

Iā€™d be happy to find one anyways, so congrats!
So I found a
Cham
Ohm
Lo
or
Sur
) are not great as well.
So - useless rune?
I always thought that this was a bit of a flaw with D2. If you can go up the rune scale with cube recipes, then you should be able to go down as well. eg.
Cham
+ Pgem=
Jah
Jah
Ist
+ Pgem =
Mal
Mal
lscottl wrote: 1 year ago
So I found a
Cham
Ohm
Lo
or
Sur
) are not great as well.
So - useless rune?
I always thought that this was a bit of a flaw with D2. If you can go up the rune scale with cube recipes, then you should be able to go down as well. eg.
Cham
+ Pgem=
Jah
Jah
Ist
+ Pgem =
Mal
Mal
I used to think that, until a friend I was playing with talked me out of it using opportunity cost. As it is now,
Cham
's limited usefulness in good RWs means using it doesn't have as many drawbacks. I can put it in my
Arreat's Face
to improve horking and not feel too bad about my use of resources, or I can make a meh Pride for my Bowazon or something and it's no big deal.

However, if a
Cham
could become 4
Ber
runes or 2
Jah
, which are prime runes for BIS gear, then using it as a source of CBF would be insane. Even using it in its proper RWs would be insane. Why make Pride out of a
Cham
when 2
Ber
is Infinity? 1
Cham
would break down into Enigma with 1
Ber
to spare. Mist and other RWs like that would be useless; 1 broken
Cham
rune would be Faith with change leftover or 2 Faith if you have another source of
Ohm
. You could also get enough
Lo
or
Ohm
runes out of this devolution scheme to roll great griefs, ctas, fortitudes, etc. You could fully BIS gear a smiter/barb out of melting down that single
Cham
rune and probably have runes to spare. This gets even worse if we consider that
Zod
would be twice that Wealth melted down. Say goodbye to Breath of the Dying.

In other words, the value of the runes that
Cham
and
Zod
would break down into would invalidate all uses of
Cham
and
Zod
themselves. And while it's true in this game that sudden Wealth can appear out of nowhere, there is no 1 rune you can find that instantly allows you to BIS a Brand new character without extra investment. That would greatly disturb/distort the endgame of D2 imo.

Can login for trades between 7-11pm EST
Winterkill wrote: 1 year ago
lscottl wrote: 1 year ago
So I found a
Cham
Ohm
Lo
or
Sur
) are not great as well.
So - useless rune?
Cham
+ Pgem=
Jah
Jah
Ist
+ Pgem =
Mal
Mal
I used to think that, until a friend I was playing with talked me out of it using opportunity cost. As it is now,
Cham
's limited usefulness in good RWs means using it doesn't have as many drawbacks. I can put it in my
Arreat's Face
to improve horking and not feel too bad about my use of resources, or I can make a meh Pride for my Bowazon or something and it's no big deal.

However, if a
Cham
could become 4
Ber
runes or 2
Jah
, which are prime runes for BIS gear, then using it as a source of CBF would be insane. Even using it in its proper RWs would be insane. Why make Pride out of a
Cham
when 2
Ber
is Infinity? 1
Cham
would break down into Enigma with 1
Ber
to spare. Mist and other RWs like that would be useless; 1 broken
Cham
rune would be Faith with change leftover or 2 Faith if you have another source of
Ohm
. You could also get enough
Lo
or
Ohm
runes out of this devolution scheme to roll great griefs, ctas, fortitudes, etc. You could fully BIS gear a smiter/barb out of melting down that single
Cham
rune and probably have runes to spare. This gets even worse if we consider that
Zod
would be twice that Wealth melted down. Say goodbye to Breath of the Dying.

In other words, the value of the runes that
Cham
and
Zod
would break down into would invalidate all uses of
Cham
and
Zod
themselves. And while it's true in this game that sudden Wealth can appear out of nowhere, there is no 1 rune you can find that instantly allows you to BIS a Brand new character without extra investment. That would greatly disturb/distort the endgame of D2 imo.
Yep, my thoughts was the same, I like it as it is right now, and even with this I am really excited when I find
Cham

Schnorki 3194Moderator

PC
I'd disagree with the "invalidate uses" argument. You either want it or you don't. And if you do..sure, the argument may delay your use of a
Cham
for anti-freeze or one of the
Cham
RWs but it'd still happen at some point.
Hell, I use like 10
Cham
across my 7 chars and I wouldn't change that, even if they could've turned into 40
Ber
instead.

The main reason against downgrading imo is that it'd simply make the other HRs too common in the context of D2's intentionally low drop rates.
Hell, any 1
Zod
would suddenly become 8
Ber
. Or 32
Lo
. Or 64
Ohm
. That's..kinda silly.

Though I suppose it would make them more worthwhile as currency, seeing how some extremely rare pieces do go for >40
Ber
/
Jah
, meaning even with those you can't fit the entire trade into a single trade window anymore.
But I dare say that's enough of an Edge case to not warrant massive economy changes just for that.
To avoid 'massive D2 economic changes' of a
Zod
turning into 32
Lo
, limit downgrades allowable to one.

eg..
Zod
turns into 2
Cham
. Change the newly reciped
Cham
to the color red to designate that they are frozen(no more up or down rune recipes), but can still be used in Runewords.

It is all fantasy, but there is a work around.

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Or just make downgrade recipes to give only one of the lower rank rune:
-
Zod
downgrade recipe giving 1
Cham
-
Cham
downgrade recipe giving 1
Jah
- Etc.

Then at least
Zod
=
Cham
=
Jah
, making higher rank rune always more or at least more expensive than the lower rank one.
Zod
and
Cham
should still cost a little bit more than
Jah
due to the extra possible RWs.
And
Jah
and other HRs prices will go down with the extra possible
Jah
, making then more accessible.
But not to the extend of being worthless and crashing the market.

Alternatively: Rune rank n & Rune rank n+1 => Rune rank n-1 (
Cham
&
Zod
giving
Jah
)
For merc
Helm
at least.

Advertisment

Hide ads