Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   2290 views

Description

I was just wondering whether or not this is frowned upon. I tried looking in the rules and searching around but I just wasn't sure whether or not this is allowed. If so I'd like to make a large sell list to avoid spamming sales boards with individual posts for one item at a time.

Sorry if this was answered already but thank you!

Can be used to make Runewords:

I was just wondering whether or not this is frowned upon. I tried looking in the rules and searching around but I just wasn't sure whether or not this is allowed. If so I'd like to make a large sell list to avoid spamming sales boards with individual posts for one item at a time.

Sorry if this was answered already but thank you!
It is allowed but this is not jsp, it doesn t work like this here. You create an offer for every item you want to buy/sell, so it is easier for everyone to find the item you re looking for

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
OP
I understand I just didn't want to make like 100 posts separately and flood the boards is all as to be considerate to others trying to trade.
That s the point, you don t need to worry about that since the board is not the main entry point to the offers, you mostly search for the item you need via the search tool, and that works fine because for every item you create an offer and don t just put all of em in a big list.
Big list could be useful in case of many objects of the same type, like caster amulets or blood rings o smth like that, otherwise you should go for separate ofers for every item

Sweet Lovely Death
Just waiting for your breath
Come sweet Death
One Last Caress
OP
I get what you're saying I just have a stash clear with about 100 items and it would be miserable to post them each individually - Caster amulets, circlets, charms and what not. I just figured I'd include any misc. stuff with those things was all to save the trouble.

Necrarch 1620Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
As said by Steccothal, one trade topic, one item is the general rule. Each trade grants trust, provides info of sale value, etc. that fulfills the database.

So big lists are not technically forbidden, they are just super unpractical to handle for everyone, and as every item you can list has an entry in the database, it's not that hard to input - even if you'll need some time at first.

Check how others do (use of named stash tabs, use of the database to create the listing for Unique items) with a few items, practice a bit and do others progressively, that should work. :)

And the site is so well done that you'll probably end up prefering that way.

Gl!

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
If you do one single giant trade list witch contains all you have to sell, nobody gonna find your items.
OP
I understand it relies heavily on the search function so it's best not to do big trades.

Thank you both for your guidance!

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
Not to beat a dead horse here but to answer your question: it's not disallowed to post large lists of items in one trade listing, just means that no-one will find the listing, and you won't be able to build up your trust level. Making 100 different listings kind of sucks, I know, it's just how things work here. Welcome to the site :)

Teebling wrote: 1 year ago
Not to beat a dead horse here but to answer your question: it's not disallowed to post large lists of items in one trade listing, just means that no-one will find the listing, and you won't be able to build up your trust level. Making 100 different listings kind of sucks, I know, it's just how things work here. Welcome to the site :)
Any chance there's a scriptable API (or maybe batch upload feature) in the plans?

Trading on PC / Switch / PS5

Teebling 5847Admin

Europe PC
KiloV wrote: 1 year ago
Any chance there's a scriptable API (or maybe batch upload feature) in the plans?
I already have a script for mass topic posting funnily enough - that's how the database here was (mostly) populated with
Skeleton
entries for the 3000+ items etc :) It takes a list of strings from a txt file and mass posts them.

But for trade listings its a bit different - each item listing would (to be effective) still need a description, a screenshot, unique filters applied etc. so really the only timesave for the user is being able to hit 'submit' once - they're still having to input all the data individually.

KiloV wrote: 1 year ago
I already have a script for mass topic posting funnily enough - that's how the database here was (mostly) populated with
Skeleton
entries for the 3000+ items etc :) It takes a list of strings from a txt file and mass posts them.

But for trade listings its a bit different - each item listing would (to be effective) still need a description, a screenshot, unique filters applied etc. so really the only timesave for the user is being able to hit 'submit' once - they're still having to input all the data individually.
Fair enough.

A really cool UX would be something that allowed you to set default trade options, upload a bunch of pictures, and then cycle you through each picture to add the details of each trade, posting each as you complete the details to match the picture.

Having each picture on screen would cue the user to add any details, asking price, etc. It would be a nice touch when dealing with a folder full of screen caps.

Just thoughts… I know you’re doing this as a hobby and we all appreciate it, so just wanted to share the idea.

Thanks again for a great resource here!

Trading on PC / Switch / PS5

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
The only real bottleneck is the game itself at this point, Blizzard could, for examples:
- Holding or hovering an item IG and pressing Ctrl-C to copy all the stats of the item,
- Or exporting all items of an account, of a character, of one or all stashes, etc. in csv files via IG buttons,
- Or just an API like in PoE.

Only then community made applications -which could just be at first a glorified parser with an UI- could provide easier off the game trading.
At this point, the game is a Black box and the only interface with diablo2.io is us, fleshy humans.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...