Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   773 views

Description

Anyone have any advice on trading more than 40 items at a time? ie - 80 pgems for 1 rune. Since the trade window only has 40 slots, how do you make these types of trades?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Anyone have any advice on trading more than 40 items at a time? ie - 80 pgems for 1 rune. Since the trade window only has 40 slots, how do you make these types of trades?
If it's a trade via this website, then just drop them on the Ground. That's what the trust system is for on this website. If it's an in-game trade, i'd be very cautious. I've done a trade with collateral where I then give the collateral back on the final trade.

Please post a trade offer before sending me a friend request.
I'm in the PST time zone, typically available anywhere from 7am to 10pm
zippyzon wrote: 1 year ago
If it's a trade via this website, then just drop them on the Ground. That's what the trust system is for on this website. If it's an in-game trade, i'd be very cautious. I've done a trade with collateral where I then give the collateral back on the final trade.
I've done this before for an 80 pgem trade with members of this site as well. I've also had the trader drop a higher value rune where I was refunding a rune back as part of the 80 pgem exchange. The seller had high trust and most people that have worked up massive trust here don't want to throw that away.

Always a small risk I suppose.
Like Tey mentioned, have him give you a rune worth about half for the first trade, then you can give it back in 2nd trade when he puts up his final offer.

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Stand a little distance from the other trader and drop. Once you drop 40 pick up the item they drop as payment. Get 40 more from stash and drop if payment was sufficient. That's my preferred way to trade pgems

Worst case scenario you lose an
Ist
if you are unlucky? I guess it could be worse if you are trading 120+ but I'd say people who are doing big trades like that don't want to risk a bad reputation.

Side note: wouldn't it be nice if you could ctrl click over items to trade window??

https://armlesswunder.github.io/

I don't do trades for less than
Pul
. I accept T or H keys as well.

ShadowHeart 1794Moderator

Europe PC
Armlesswunder wrote: 1 year ago
Side note: wouldn't it be nice if you could ctrl click over items to trade window??
Yes, but I think they prevent ctrl-clicking into the trade window to prevent scammers from closing the trade while you're ctrl-clicking, essentially clicking items onto the Ground instead. Maybe? There would have to be a timer or something where ctrl-clicking to the Ground wouldn't work for a short while after closing the trade window, or there would be a wave of scam exploits... Maybe it already works like that? I don't know, haven't tried.

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
ShadowHeart wrote: 1 year ago
Yes, but I think they prevent ctrl-clicking into the trade window to prevent scammers from closing the trade while you're ctrl-clicking, essentially clicking items onto the Ground instead. Maybe? There would have to be a timer or something where ctrl-clicking to the Ground wouldn't work for a short while after closing the trade window, or there would be a wave of scam exploits... Maybe it already works like that? I don't know, haven't tried.
Omg you just made me so paranoid lmao imagine trying to trade Enigma and they close the window as you place the item šŸ˜¢

Pul

ShadowHeart 1794Moderator

Europe PC
Omg you just made me so paranoid lmao imagine trying to trade Enigma and they close the window as you place the item šŸ˜¢
Pretty sure there used to be an exploit surrounding closing the trade window while the other person is moving items over to it - you would essentially drop items on the Ground if you were just about to place it into the trade window. As far as I know, they actually patched that (verified by members on this forum I believe), so that any items on the mouse pointer is moved back to your inventory automatically if the other person closes the trade window.

EDIT: It was discussed in this thread: forums/10-scams-in-d2r-how-to-avoid-them-t78850.html

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.

Pretty sure there used to be an exploit surrounding closing the trade window while the other person is moving items over to it - you would essentially drop items on the Ground if you were just about to place it into the trade window. As far as I know, they actually patched that (verified by members on this forum I believe), so that any items on the mouse pointer is moved back to your inventory automatically if the other person closes the trade window.

EDIT: It was discussed in this thread: forums/10-scams-in-d2r-how-to-avoid-them-t78850.html
Thanks for pointing that out, makes me feel much better. *Phew* And yeah I see your point about ctrl clicking to the Ground. I suppose many players would be upset if they were scammed that way. A cooldown timer sounds nice, but I suppose they didn't feel that was a high priority for this game... oh well.

Pul
OP
Thanks, everyone

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation