Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
6 replies   1294 views

Does your D2R occasionally stop responding for a few seconds?

No data yet

Description

Single Player in windowed mode on a Ryzen 3600/b450/16gb/1060 machine with a fresh Win10 install, everything up to date. Both game and OS reside on an SSD. PC in general has no issue whatsoever.

Occasionally the game hangs for a few seconds, waiting for the program to respond. It then resumes and works normally. It usually happens right after loading into the game (doors opening after picking difficulty).

Anyone else experiencing this?

I’m worried it might mess up savegames.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Single Player in windowed mode on a Ryzen 3600/b450/16gb/1060 machine with a fresh Win10 install, everything up to date. Both game and OS reside on an SSD. PC in general has no issue whatsoever.

Occasionally the game hangs for a few seconds, waiting for the program to respond. It then resumes and works normally. It usually happens right after loading into the game (doors opening after picking difficulty).

Anyone else experiencing this?

I’m worried it might mess up savegames.
It should not mess with your savegames. Youl could do a backup of your savegames, if you are worried.
Just copy and paste them to somewhere else.

The route should be:
C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\Diablo II Resurrected

You have tried it without window mode? because something like that happened to me while using window mode on a much much older PC Setup.

Please post your offer before adding me. I can prepare myself better then.
Since you're playing windows mode, was the whole OS hung while D2R waits? I suspect either the game was having trouble extracting the assets from the drive or something else in the background was running. I've seen some antivirus scan the file in real-time as it is being retrieved which causes the application to wait while it is completed. You can see what is going on while having task manager running while your game is going. Then check back in the task manager to see if you had a system spike in either the CPU/mem/disk/gpu.

My time zone is UTC -8 (PST)
OP
Thanks for the input guys.

Last it happened Chrome was open in another window, with a few tabs, one of them being a youtube video.

I think the game went unresponsive as I clicked on its window. It had just finished loading into Act III. It resumed working in a couple of seconds. I've been playing with the resource monitor open since then but it hasn't frozen since.

Is there any chance the character or any of its items got damaged somehow?

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
For online play: I dont think that possible to "damage" an item or a char due to lag. It either here or not due to rollback (after a game or server crash).
For offline play: if the application D2R.exe didn't crash, your saves are safes.
Yes. Happens often, but I always have chrome open with a podcast playing.
hasn't happened until recently. like a few days ago.
I think it has something to do with server response.
also, today's clones in asia, it was laggy like hell. I had double the ping I usually have to asia.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...