Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   4686 views

Description

Hello guys!

l am curious becouse it seems like they nerfed drop rate in cow runs.
Before Ladder came it drops alot more things but now even with Magic Find its really hard to find stuffs.
This is just a feeling l have so its not build on facts.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello guys!

l am curious becouse it seems like they nerfed drop rate in cow runs.
Before Ladder came it drops alot more things but now even with Magic Find its really hard to find stuffs.
This is just a feeling l have so its not build on facts.

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Cannot relate as my Fire druid has churned out most of my HR's and currency in bases via hell cows.
Sur
and
Ohm
in the first 10 runs, a bunch of mid runs, a few very nice druid pelts and a 4os
Eth
sup 13%
Mancatcher
have been some of the highlights.
OP
xSD wrote: 1 year ago
Cannot relate as my Fire druid has churned out most of my HR's and currency in bases via hell cows.
Sur
and
Ohm
in the first 10 runs, a bunch of mid runs, a few very nice druid pelts and a 4os
Eth
sup 13%
Mancatcher
have been some of the highlights.
Ohh maybe l do not bring any luck yet then :D

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
Mind you, your feeling of a lowered drop rate is in stark contrast with other folks' feeling of higher drop rates in ladder (including cows).

So... simply RNG at work. ;)
if you're ever wondering whether or not drop rates have changed, the answer is that they almost certainly haven't. sometimes you get a lucky streak, other times you go ages without finding anything of value. that's just how it goes.
yeah, this topic is highly subjective as blizzard never revealed exactly how they calculate drop chances (as far as I know)

they said things like: first we roll which item, then which quality, then which attributes and so on... so there is not one single drop chance for an item, but many combined drop chances put together to one.
also, math is very abstract so many ppl just don't believe you when you say: it's math :D

maybe I just know the wrong ppl :sadge:

I usually play with people who do 20 runs of anything and complain that they don't have a
Jah
rune drop :rolleyes:
it's... exhausting XD

Tetra 180

Paladin Europe PC
Pretty sure Blizzard would not tell openly if they changed drop rate.

Also, for what it worth -not much- I got a feeling that Pandemonium Keys drop rate have been lowered, expectially
The Countess
That is due to my launch and ladder experiences of me and two friends:
- On average, 20 runs per
Key
(120 runs made be myself this ladder),
- That far less that 11/14 runs per
Key
that i see advertise on different sources (who doesn't all have the same drop rate anyway).

At the end of the day, wondering about it is a moot point: D2 has always be a game of patience...
I was feeling the same about farming keysā€¦first 20 runs of both countess and summoner on ladder gave zero keysā€¦then I got oneā€¦then anotherā€¦then it seemed to even out. However, as soon as I started using my Javazon to farm D keys, I was getting about one every 5-7 runs.

As said above, sometimes RNG works in your favor, sometimes it doesnā€™t.
I've read several places that ladder monsters have more health. Drop chance should be the same, but if it takes you longer to kill stuff on ladder, then that could affect your perceived drop rate.

It's kinda silly, as one of the main things I'd need to want to play ladder would be better drops than non ladder, but it seems blizzard did the opposite and actually made ladder drop rates worse (assuming monster health is more on ladder)!

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.

y2kid 109

PC
rango_jr wrote: 1 year ago
I was feeling the same about farming keysā€¦first 20 runs of both countess and summoner on ladder gave zero keysā€¦then I got oneā€¦then anotherā€¦then it seemed to even out. However, as soon as I started using my Javazon to farm D keys, I was getting about one every 5-7 runs.

I did a dedicated 100 nih runs project and I got.... 7 keys (5 of which were runs 1-50 lol). It is all RNG

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
y2kid wrote: 1 year ago

I did a dedicated 100 nih runs project and I got.... 7 keys (5 of which were runs 1-50 lol). It is all RNG
Ran nihl for the first time this season on my Fire Druid after he got his Enigma. Got my solo run timers down to about 30 seconds (half of which is buffing and spawning my summons).

8 dkeys in 50 runs in p1... but there have been times ive run 136 runs solo before and not seen a single
Key
OP
l have been playing 18 hours now only Cow runs and have found
Nagelring
as best drop yet.
i played probably 12-14 hours on hell cows without anything as note...then over this last weekend i dropped a
Mal
Gul
, and
Jah
in the same day. Maybe i just made the right
Sacrifice
to RNGesus.
ppaatrik wrote: 1 year ago
Nagelring
as best drop yet.
Dude... can you hear Justin Timberlake? *cry me a river*

GLORY, GLORY, GLORIA,
GET READY FOR THE WAR!

y2kid 109

PC

Ran nihl for the first time this season on my Fire Druid after he got his Enigma. Got my solo run timers down to about 30 seconds (half of which is buffing and spawning my summons).

8 dkeys in 50 runs in p1... but there have been times ive run 136 runs solo before and not seen a single
Key
how the hell did you manage to get nigma so fast

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC

Key
how the hell did you manage to get nigma so fast
See above posts in this thread about finding
Ohm
and
Sur
and like 22dkeys on day 2 lmao. Immediately flipped what I didn't need and sat on the currency until I could afford everything. Im up to ebotdAS, Fort, Flickering Flame, Enigma, hoto and a whole other mess of stuff.
OP
Krueger-HC wrote: 1 year ago
ppaatrik wrote: 1 year ago
Nagelring
as best drop yet.
Dude... can you hear Justin Timberlake? *cry me a river*
lol xD
omw to nihl for keys a cheeky
Lo
rune dropped very unexpectedly. I was dashing through the mobs and almost missed it ... :facepalm:

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation