Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
22 replies   2149 views

Description

Hey all!

Wanted to find a way to stretch my D2R gameplay a little bit this ladder season. So far I have a 92 Wolfbarb, 87 Fire Druid and am beginning to grab gear for a
Fend
/
Impale
zon.

What I was curious about is there ever a build you really wanted to see played and maxxed out to the absolutely oblivion? I'm open to ideas and I will spend the remainder of the season after my Zon is built chasing gear and building for this new toon to be able to run through the entire game.

Open to any and all suggestions. Don't worry about cost of gear or anything else. Give me your best (or worst!)

Can be used to make Runewords:

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Hey all!

Wanted to find a way to stretch my D2R gameplay a little bit this ladder season. So far I have a 92 Wolfbarb, 87 Fire Druid and am beginning to grab gear for a
Fend
/
Impale
zon.

What I was curious about is there ever a build you really wanted to see played and maxxed out to the absolutely oblivion? I'm open to ideas and I will spend the remainder of the season after my Zon is built chasing gear and building for this new toon to be able to run through the entire game.

Open to any and all suggestions. Don't worry about cost of gear or anything else. Give me your best (or worst!)
Poison Melee Necro with
Poison Dagger
and transformed into a Bear with Beast, and/or running Plague, idk.

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
A barbarian shapeshifter with the help of
Wolfhowl
!

Sorry dinent see that you did it already... my bad

Khegan 376

Tankazon. Max
Dodge
, Avoid,
Evade
Slow Missiles
, and Valk. One hander +
Stormshield
. Enjoy.
Phoenix Strike
/
Dragon Claw
/ 1 point
Death Sentry
Assasin. My favorite character spec to play. I don't see people play that build and I'm not sure why not. I know it's not easy or 1 button smash but it's a blast and a pretty light show too.

If you need talent skill advise I will tell what works for me. How many points to invest and which skills should be maxed ect.
OP

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Draven73 wrote: 1 year ago
Phoenix Strike
/
Dragon Claw
/ 1 point
Death Sentry
Assasin. My favorite character spec to play. I don't see people play that build and I'm not sure why not. I know it's not easy or 1 button smash but it's a blast and a pretty light show too.

If you need talent skill advise I will tell what works for me. How many points to invest and which skills should be maxed ect.
Think this or the poison necro leads so far. My barb covers the shifting side and was how I ladder started. He was AMAZING being able to churn out dkey runs, bo for baalers and uber with very accessible gear. My zon is going to be mainly a tank with an ebotd Mat
Pike
and a whole bunch of dps/tank stats.

The necro is appealing because I love offmeta style builds, but I worry that I'd find a hard time target farming basically anywhere. He'd require Bramble, trangs gloves and unsure of what I would do for weapon/
Helm

I've heard rumor that the new MA sins are a blast! Might have to try that one out, how did you feel about
Dragon Claw
vs.
Dragon Tail
?
I like to use dual
Claws
bartuc's and
Jade Talon
Dragon Claw
only requires a few points w/
Claw Mastery
maxed.
Dragon Claw
uses both
Claws
so u actually leech from offhand and nothing is immune to this build. Suggest shaft stop for armor till fort.

Dragon Claw
hits like a truck also.
I would lvl as
Dragon Talon
kicker till u can use the
Claws
I suggested. I recently lvled as kicker and it was so easy I felt invisible up to hell. Soloing up to
Baal
and
Baal
in NM at lvl 35-40 while the other 7 players did tombs was impressive.

Need a good pair of
Boots
like goblin toes upped. Or ik
Boots
they have high kicker damage
Holy Fire
paladin using a bow/
Crossbow
with exploding
Arrows
. Just got buffed and this patch. and the
Exploding Arrow
uses the extra fire damage from the aura in it's AoE. and only needs 60 pts to complete build, and you are left with the rest to hybridize as you please

All Prices Negotiable :-)
working on perfecting my max block ES
Hydra
orb sorc - one of my proudest builds was my Phoenix hdin it is so powerful and just perfect... non Dream tesladin, summon
Zeal
dru, Brand bow necro, Flickering Flame barb with skills in the
Helm
- just spitballing!
Seamus McNugget wrote: 1 year ago
Holy Fire
paladin using a bow/
Crossbow
with exploding
Arrows
Exploding Arrow
uses the extra fire damage from the aura in it's AoE. and only needs 60 pts to complete build, and you are left with the rest to hybridize as you please
this build was amazing pre patch with
Demon Machine
, but now it is rly rly good.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
xSD wrote: 1 year ago
I've heard rumor that the new MA sins are a blast!
Yes, they are!
Fast paced versatile gameplay, scales well with high-end gear and can quickly become a huge rabbit hole for min-maxers.
OP

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Holy Fire
paladin using a bow/
Crossbow
with exploding
Arrows
Exploding Arrow
Hmmmm I actually kind love this idea. What merc do you run with him?
So i have always been a fan of Act 1 merc even though they aren't necessarily top tier. So i am currently running one with a Harmony in a +3 matron bow. Harmony for the
Vigor
and because you don't use any mana ever. Though i have considered an act 3 Ice merc since they got buffed and you don't see them very often.

OP

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
So i have always been a fan of Act 1 merc even though they aren't necessarily top tier. So i am currently running one with a Harmony in a +3 matron bow. Harmony for the
Vigor
and because you don't use any mana ever. Though i have considered an act 3 Ice merc since they got buffed and you don't see them very often.
Hmmm I'm thinking either A2 with Pride/
Holy Freeze
might be the way to go, but also kind of tempted to try an A3 merc with lightning and go hoto/Spirit/griffons/CoH for the fire x light combo.
OP

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
Vigor
Holy Freeze
might be the way to go, but also kind of tempted to try an A3 merc with lightning and go hoto/Spirit/griffons/CoH for the fire x light combo.
Orrrrrrrrrrrr I guess if I'm running
Holy Fire
, Faith merc might be best bang for buck with the fanatic?
Vigor
Holy Freeze
Orrrrrrrrrrrr I guess if I'm running
Holy Fire
, Faith merc might be best bang for buck with the fanatic?
So with splody bolt you don't really get much out of fanatasism since you care more about
Pierce
than attack speed, and don't care about attack rating at all. If you really wanted to break the bank on a merc, i would go Infinity (for
Conviction
since all your dmg is elemental), CoH (just cause it is good), and Dream (the
Holy Shock
aura helps cover anything you can't break with
Conviction
, and your merc having electric dmg dovetails well with Infinity)

to clarify, you don't care about attack rating because whether you hit or miss, you get the explosion that deals your full
Holy Fire
+damage in it's AoE, and goes off every time you
Pierce
. so i run
Demon Machine
+ razor tail for 99%
Pierce
and love watching the rippling explosions rip through crowds

Here i cobbled together an idea of what a disgustingly rich person might build lol

https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/400106ev

Spearzon with Infinity made in a
Spear
-base (either '
Mancatcher
' for the IAS or '
Matriarchal Spear
' for the +3 at normal speed) and using '
Lightning Strike
' and '
Charged Strike
'.

When you use the 'Infinity' yourself, your own attacks also benefit from the -45-55% enemy lightning resist which is pretty huge!

I'm playing a Spearzon on ladder right now and it's pretty darn awesome, even before Infinity you can deal some incredible damage with just an Obedience in a
Spear
base equipped :)

My active ladder trades:
-

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...