Description

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP

y2kid 109

PC
Schnorki wrote: 1 year ago
y2kid wrote: 1 year ago
MattMakesPhotos wrote: 1 year ago
You may be right, however the Asian community is massive. It looks like there is well over 500,000 players on ladder, it could be estimated that at least a third of that is located in Asia. With that many players that many dclone walks is entirely reasonable.
It is possible, however, I am not quite convinced by your numbers. Let's try and do the math. **Even if** what you are saying is correct and 1/3 of the players are in Asia that is about 160 000 players. The 5 walks that I said is ~500 SoJs. That is one SoJ found by every 300 players or so. Let's assume that there are some that aren't quite in Hell yet ora re doing other stuff so 300 is ok number. Right now this is saying that **all** of these 300 players should be looking for an SoJ, which frankly I do not think is the case, but let's say half of them are actually looking. Ok, that leaves us with 150 players finding 2 SoJs each in the span of two days :grimace: I am not sure how many of you have tried to do SoJ hunting, but even if you are running nm
Andariel
for HOURS there might be days that you do not find a single one :/ So... Either all of these 150 that were looking for SoJs got very lucky (possible). Or they collected them over a larger span (also possible, but unlikely given the timeliness of these events). Or it could be that some/most of these players did not get lucky (entirely possible) while other players (or bots) have gotten VERY lucky. Yeah that goes back to the botting issue but I suspect there's more to it.

That said, you could be right. It could all be legit. Having something be suspicious does not mean that it is fraudulent by default and we can't prove anything (yet). But saying "there are a lot of players, it could be possible that they have farmed them" seems like a very weak argument for why it is not fraud. It might be a correct argument but there are no details to back it up really.
There's a couple too many assumptions there I dare say. The "2 days" being the biggest one. Prior to these runs, asia seems to have triggered very few walks. So you're not looking at 5 in 2 days but more like what? 7? since ladder start. That's a much bigger time window to find or trade for SoJs. And with trading being an option (even more so for the platform sponsors of these runs), you really don't have to actually find them all.

Adding to that, before the dclone changes, a single Anni was worth more than a copy of D2:R cost. That's...massive incentive for proper farmers to get hundreds, maybe thousands of clients each off the bat to maximize those profits. As a result, there's a very real possibility that today's botters aren't running like 4 or 5 clients but are using hundreds to thousands each. Pooling that to sponsor a run every day or every couple days seems far from unreasonable.

Naturally, that's all still speculation as well.
Yeah indeed. It was a lot of napkin math and that is why I am not saying "trust these numbers", but I see the ending of your post ended on the same train of thought as the one I just posted earlier. The economy today _could_ very well have hundreds or thousands of bots. And yeah these feeding a walk couple times per week is not even a tall order. But, agree with me here **if** that is the case, boy oh boy would the economy get wrecked easily if these botters were left uncheck.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
You get geared quite quickly when you bot multiple instances. That doesn't hold them up for long. Plus by your own numbers, you need not even 10 bots going which I dare say is a very low estimate these days. Hell, even back in the day private folks ran 4-8+ bots 24/7 with no problem. And I mean no problem..Blizz never really stepped in back then either.

The MP base really doesn't strike me as unreasonable based on botting alone or even significant numbers of manual farmers alone (though I'm much more inclined to believe in botting).

Just that druid pelt..if that actually happened..that's beyond what would be reasonable botter scope. :)
OP

y2kid 109

PC
3 Walks just today. All from communities within the same region. Just gonna leave this here

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
All well within reason for folks sponsored by a proper bot farm (not that that shouldn't be addressed as well..).

Plus the first one has already logged multiple times with all of his rings there so had they been dupes, there should've been some poofing.
You get geared quite quickly when you bot multiple instances. That doesn't hold them up for long. Plus by your own numbers, you need not even 10 bots going which I dare say is a very low estimate these days. Hell, even back in the day private folks ran 4-8+ bots 24/7 with no problem. And I mean no problem..Blizz never really stepped in back then either.

The MP base really doesn't strike me as unreasonable based on botting alone or even significant numbers of manual farmers alone (though I'm much more inclined to believe in botting).

Just that druid pelt..if that actually happened..that's beyond what would be reasonable botter scope. :)
it's many reasons all together. a new dupe, many bots and at the moment blizzard is in shambles and who knows for how long.
I think this will go on for several months before blizzard does anything against the bots.

I've been checking out this bot thing. there are several chinese bots at the moment (I just didn't want to pay money for them) and they claim that they are not detectable, which made me think about how blizzard wants to find botters.
the botters claim that the bots imitate human like behaviours up to a point where they interact with npcs, identify items, sell junk, up gems in the cube and even take "pee breaks".
I am no coder and I have no idea how blizzard wants to find botters as the botters also claim that they don't need to hack into the game.exe anymore, instead they observe the machines Memory to make the bots work.
I think blizzard would have to "hack" your machine in a similar way to find running processes which don't belong there... although I hope they have measures on their servers to get rid of bots.

Schnorki 3024Moderator

PC
crispin wrote: 1 year ago

...and who knows for how long.
2 decades and counting.

Don't get your hopes up.
OP

y2kid 109

PC
crispin wrote: 1 year ago

it's many reasons all together. a new dupe, many bots and at the moment blizzard is in shambles and who knows for how long.
I think this will go on for several months before blizzard does anything against the bots.

I've been checking out this bot thing. there are several chinese bots at the moment (I just didn't want to pay money for them) and they claim that they are not detectable, which made me think about how blizzard wants to find botters.
the botters claim that the bots imitate human like behaviours up to a point where they interact with npcs, identify items, sell junk, up gems in the cube and even take "pee breaks".
I am no coder and I have no idea how blizzard wants to find botters as the botters also claim that they don't need to hack into the game.exe anymore, instead they observe the machines Memory to make the bots work.
I think blizzard would have to "hack" your machine in a similar way to find running processes which don't belong there... although I hope they have measures on their servers to get rid of bots.
Granted, I have not looked at the diablo code at all and have no idea how it works all I can say is that people used to create their own Brood War servers back in the day by looking at the network code that the game generated. All it took from Blizzard was a "slight" variation in what it accepted and a patch where all the data was encrypted.... Beyond that custom servers were dead for a long time. Same Principle can be applied to the game technically if everything Blizzard is exposing is "mouse clicks" (as they currently do in BW) there is no way to create a "smart" bot that will identify items and sell junk to NPCs. Not even upping gems :shrug:. Solutions aren't really that difficult or out of reach. The main thing they require tho is... attention from Blizzard and that might just be the unreasonable thing. Leave them alone guys, most of these developers are doing it in their free time, they've got 9-5 jobs, they can't be monitoring the state of the game all the time and doing an arms race with the "evil botters"

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
there still are wow private servers.

just saying...

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...