Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   2018 views

Description

Hello there. As stated in the title, this is a bit of a rant. I've been keeping watch of the clone progress tracker for some days, and it seems to me most of the clone spawns happen during EU nighttime. I've missed so many clones due to the fact they happen while I am sleeping. inb4 jokes about "don't sleep", I have to get up early to work.
Why is the reason for the night spawns? Is it because NA communities spawn clones in EU servers? I've seen some of them spawn clones on Asia before. Is there a lack of D2 communities in Europe?

I just want to get myself an Anni, even if it's bad as hell. Any tips not to miss another clone?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello there. As stated in the title, this is a bit of a rant. I've been keeping watch of the clone progress tracker for some days, and it seems to me most of the clone spawns happen during EU nighttime. I've missed so many clones due to the fact they happen while I am sleeping. inb4 jokes about "don't sleep", I have to get up early to work.
Why is the reason for the night spawns? Is it because NA communities spawn clones in EU servers? I've seen some of them spawn clones on Asia before. Is there a lack of D2 communities in Europe?

I just want to get myself an Anni, even if it's bad as hell. Any tips not to miss another clone?
This last spawn was organized by a group, most SOJ-donators where from NA and that's why it spawned in the middle of our night. I highly recommend the
Chaos Sanctuary
Discord, that's where I read about it.

They said they want to make a "EU-friendly" event soon though.
A good tip, which doesn't work 100% of the time, because of server disconnects, would be to just create a game on a region that you believe will have a DClone walk and kill him in the morning, before going to work. This has worked for me brilliantly. As for the time, I don't believe that people are picking "awkward" times for a specific reason, since everyone from the other regions will still hop over to the "hot" one. I guess that private groups will just spawn DC on the region with the highest progress, so if you are a DC hunter from NA and EU has progressed the farthest, you'll just spawn him at a time that's most convenient for you.
Alt + Enter to be in Windowed mode then you can minimize D2R.
Your PC won't scream (^ - ^)

Relax and have fun!
OP
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 2 years ago
A good tip, which doesn't work 100% of the time, because of server disconnects, would be to just create a game on a region that you believe will have a DClone walk and kill him in the morning, before going to work. This has worked for me brilliantly. As for the time, I don't believe that people are picking "awkward" times for a specific reason, since everyone from the other regions will still hop over to the "hot" one. I guess that private groups will just spawn DC on the region with the highest progress, so if you are a DC hunter from NA and EU has progressed the farthest, you'll just spawn him at a time that's most convenient for you.
This is actually a good tip, however my computer is in my bedroom and it is very noisy. I might try bearing with the noise for one night though.
You could also try tuning down the graphics, if you haven't already :)

Mimic 12

Europe PC
You're not alone - i haven't had the pleasure of killing a single dclone since 2.4 because of reasons (called real life).

Also i still refuse to keep my PC running all night long just to search for a dclone in the morning between making breakfast for the kids and getting dressed for work.

So yeah - waiting for the 4/6 to turn over CET-friendly (maybe only to notice that it happened on a day where i couldn't be online, again... :D)
Orphen wrote: 2 years ago
This is actually a good tip, however my computer is in my bedroom and it is very noisy. I might try bearing with the noise for one night though.
Yeah, I feel you, mine is uber noisy as well (mind the pun), can't stand it, but an Anni is an Anni! To minimize the load on your hardware, some people have suggested switching to legacy graphics / minimizing the game while idling, but if you are rocking some high-end GPU, this may not really be necessary.
Mimic wrote: 2 years ago
Also i still refuse to keep my PC running all night long just to search for a dclone in the morning between making breakfast for the kids and getting dressed for work.
Well, mate, if you want an Anni, you gotta put in the work :))

Mimic 12

Europe PC
thanks for the tip mate, but i'm more on the customer-side here and already invested some runes :)

Teebling 5841Admin

Europe PC
Someone here just needs to organise a donation incentive for EU and get people coordinated, like the other groups do for NA and Asia. You won't miss the walk if you're the one coordinating the donations, the time/server, etc. It's a lot of work to accomplish an organised walk, but certainly not as hard as it once was.

y2kid 109

PC
I can definitely volunteer to organize the walk and accept SoJ donations, the issue is.... I have had jack shit luck with SoJs this ladder, so I can be collector and organizer but unfortunately not a contributor :c

That said, if at least 3 people here pledge that they are happy with me organizing the walk and say they will donate anis I can organize a walk that is convenient for us in EU time. I have been a member of a DC hunter community so we _do not really_ need the 125 SoJs ourselves, just need about 30 or so to ensure our voice is heard on when the DC spawn happens!

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
You can use my dclone tracker app on android. I've killed 3 dclone so far using it.

https://armlesswunder.github.io/

I don't do trades for less than
Pul
. I accept T or H keys as well.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...