Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
19 replies   2442 views

Description

Hi guys.
Why are you playing ladder? I started on friday. Now i have a level 81 hammerdin, bad gear and would start farming. But why? I already have my non ladder chars with Infinity, Enigma etc. It seems a little bit nonsens to me to farm the same things again?! What do you think about it?

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi guys.
Why are you playing ladder? I started on friday. Now i have a level 81 hammerdin, bad gear and would start farming. But why? I already have my non ladder chars with Infinity, Enigma etc. It seems a little bit nonsens to me to farm the same things again?! What do you think about it?
Because the journey is more fun than the destination.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Initially to get a trading base, in case one of the few rare items I'd still like shows up there but never in NL.

Then to have a char ready for ladder dclone.

Now that I have a clone hunter/farmer hybrid that is one rune away from being fully geared already..I'm kind of asking myself that 'why' question again as well.

But then again...why not? :D

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
For me Hardcore is different. Majority tend to start on ladder and rarely if any play NL.

While most of us non-dedicated streamers (full-time income) from the likes of Llama and co, cannot push ladder as fast as they can, it is definitely the thrill for me about seeing where you place even if casual.

@schnorki one of my favorite cafe's in NYC was called "Why" not and that was their slogan - love it.

For me at the end of the day it is the fresh slate start. Yes, you can just start a clean character on NL, but then you have the ability to leverage your shared stash items and artificially inflate/power your newer character. I prefer the arduous challenge of pushing.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Th3ory wrote: 2 years ago
For me Hardcore is different. Majority tend to start on ladder and rarely if any play NL.

While most of us non-dedicated streamers (full-time income) from the likes of Llama and co, cannot push ladder as fast as they can, it is definitely the thrill for me about seeing where you place even if casual.

@schnorki one of my favorite cafe's in NYC was called "Why" not and that was their slogan - love it.

For me at the end of the day it is the fresh slate start. Yes, you can just start a clean character on NL, but then you have the ability to leverage your shared stash items and artificially inflate/power your newer character. I prefer the arduous challenge of pushing.
How is that start working out for you actually?

I'm liking the fresh start idea in general, especially when messing around with weird hybrid builds that I'd never touch non-ladder (as I'm doing now). But considering how often lag and disconnects have killed me by now..how are you holding up in HC? :)
(Might pick that up again in season 2, who knows...get a true fresh start for something new and all)

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Well besides dying like a pleb at Normal Diablo (literal first Death in HC in 3 years for me)..that set me behind.

Right now I am level 74 in A5 Hell - just got Ancients done. I didn't play Friday or Saturday so was behind a bit.

America's servers haven't been awful for me yet - good pings, no significant challenges, but finally starting to push.

But yeah I am a FoH din right now and just powering Pits in Hell for drops & exp. Hopefully I will get heavily moving.

Will be streaming tonight :)

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Well besides dying like a pleb at Normal Diablo (literal first Death in HC in 3 years for me)
Ouch ^^

Th3ory 420

Paladin Americas PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Well besides dying like a pleb at Normal Diablo (literal first Death in HC in 3 years for me)
Ouch ^^
Rocked by Big D

Enjoy - I got cute - normally don't do reckless stuff, but saw his HP way down and ran in to try to assist - and you know...get some of those drops.

I'm not playing ladder, but Brand new players should play it so that they can start with a Brand new economy and actually experience being able to trade a bunch of stuff.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Ouch ^^
Rocked by Big D

Enjoy - I got cute - normally don't do reckless stuff, but saw his HP way down and ran in to try to assist - and you know...get some of those drops.
So close on the saving exit, too.. :D
OP
Whats your gear for ladder dclone? that was my plan. a char for ladder dclone :D
To get all the fancy new runewords, and get my char to pass hell mode in less than a week

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
Speaking of fancy gear and whatnot...

Anyone running cows or the like? I'm in desperate need of something that noone ever bloody picks up...go keep an eye out for me!

Need a 5 socket
War Spike
please. Let me know if you find one. Thanks. :)
KickSin for Dclone

Relax and have fun!
i play ladder because it is a complete restart and i want to collect ladder items and create ladder rune words. The ranking list is also nice, even if it doesn't work as desired yet.
Fresh start is always more exciting than joining games where nearly everyone is always BiS
I won't even play ladder for the full 4 months. Maybe 2 then wait next one.

I generally sell slightly under market price. Be sure to check out my profile.

Takro 13

Europe PC
I just want to try out the new runewords and builds. HC is tough but I have a level 75 orb/
Hydra
sorc A1 Hell. Still very fresh so farming NM
Baal
as I don't want to die.

I agreed it is the journey that is fun. I like to take it nice and slowly.
same reason why you remastered version of a 20 years old game. fresh start for everyone.
NL is boring. Only trade games left. Nothing to to, except micro optimize your gear.

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
thomas wrote: 2 years ago
NL is boring. Only trade games left. Nothing to to, except micro optimize your gear.
So... NL = L? ^^

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...