Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   675 views

Description

I had been running Faith merc with with
Windforce
socketed with a 15/39 jewel. Im getting about 8.8k damage in 2.4 even with one hard point into multishot with my strafezon. Happened to roll a perfect Pride, so based on what i had read i was expecting Pride merc with perfect Faith to best that overall damage. Only to see it fall about 400 max damage short. Wondering from other zon players if im missing the reason for this or have the youtubers just been wrong all along.

Can be used to make Runewords:

I had been running Faith merc with with
Windforce
socketed with a 15/39 jewel. Im getting about 8.8k damage in 2.4 even with one hard point into multishot with my strafezon. Happened to roll a perfect Pride, so based on what i had read i was expecting Pride merc with perfect Faith to best that overall damage. Only to see it fall about 400 max damage short. Wondering from other zon players if im missing the reason for this or have the youtubers just been wrong all along.

PSN: Quest8150
How did your min damage change?
I have a
Windforce
build and i would never trade it for a Faith. My merc is an act 2 with might and soon to get Pride. That means i get 2 damage auras and i have the massive damage from
Windforce
. I literally tear through everything.

Schnorki 3196Moderator

PC
Pride&Might + WF = win.

Faith has its advantages for sure (see the plethora of prior discussions on the Faith vs. WF comparison) but if you look solely at your flat damage, WF will win out reliably.
Faith doesn’t do much for
Strafe
since its breakpoints are easy to achieve without fanat, and due to next-hit-delay of 4 frames making the final breakpoint not worth building around, really.

I’d recommend Reapers Toll over Pride just because it’s way more fun and your merc will never die even against champ packs and bosses. Also shreds things with high phys resistance like Burning Soul.

Merc himself does really low damage when using Pride…not worth it IMO just for a bit of extra off-weapon ED on your Zon…pump dex higher, lol
OP
The final breakpoint for
Strafe
is hardly noticable. The Pride merc with might does mightly suck. The valk and
Decoy
give all the distraction i need. Most everything dies before a merc of any kind and touch mobs anyways. With Faith on main AR goes way up of course but isnt needed. Min damage goes up about 1k though.

PSN: Quest8150

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...