Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
9 replies   2655 views

Description

Hello guys,

I have a question about the new runewords, which are coming with the patch and the ladder. Maybe, it's stupid to ask, because everyone knows the answer exepct me, but the patch notes are not clear enough for me.

If I can't manage to create a runeword during the ladder, will I still be able to create it after the ladder is complete (in the "normal" game)
or are there only these items (with runewords) available, which were created during the ladder?

I hope it's clear what I mean :D

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello guys,

I have a question about the new runewords, which are coming with the patch and the ladder. Maybe, it's stupid to ask, because everyone knows the answer exepct me, but the patch notes are not clear enough for me.

If I can't manage to create a runeword during the ladder, will I still be able to create it after the ladder is complete (in the "normal" game)
or are there only these items (with runewords) available, which were created during the ladder?

I hope it's clear what I mean :D

Switch Friends Code: 6184-4783-6702
Yes. You will be able to create the new runewords after ladder.

At ladder start they will be ladder exclusive. After the ladder is completed the new runewords will be available in non-ladder.

Central European Time (UTC+01:00)

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC
To the best of our current knowledge, the above is correct.

During ladder season 1, the new runewords will only be available to ladder characters.

Do note that that only applies to new runewords, not changes to existing runewords. I.e. Plague will be ladder-only but Infinity in spears for example would also be available non-ladder.

Once ladder season 1 ends, two things happen:
1) Ladder runewords are migrated to non-ladder along with the characters themselves. As such, they can now be sold to/traded with any other non-ladder character.

2) Ladder season 1 runewords are turned into non-ladder runewords and can now be newly created by non-ladder characters.

Ladder season 2 may (not guaranteed yet) then introduce further new runewords, exclusive to ladder chars during season 2 and then also becoming available non-ladder after s2 ends.

Mind you, that is the current understanding. As per Blizz (based on the dev stream where they went into this), the above was their thinking at the time but they were not 100% guaranteeing that they would all become available non-ladder. Unless I missed something, we haven't really heard anything definite on the topic since.

Personally, I'd give it a 99% chance of them becoming available for everyone to create after S1 ends. I'd be quite surprised if they change their mind on that one. But you never know.
j1nx wrote: 2 years ago

At ladder start they will be ladder exclusive. After the ladder is completed the new runewords will be available in non-ladder.
Wait, what? I don't think this was ever the case. Ladder-only runewords were never made available for crafting by non-ladder characters at the end of a ladder season. Existing ones were merely transferred over to non-ladder. Did they announce something I've missed?
OP
ALLEyezOnMe wrote: 2 years ago

Wait, what? I don't think this was ever the case. Ladder-only runewords were never made available for crafting by non-ladder characters at the end of a ladder season. Existing ones were merely transferred over to non-ladder. Did they announce something I've missed?
@ALLEyezOnMe That's exactly what I suspect.

Switch Friends Code: 6184-4783-6702

Did't found a bluepost that quick. But watch that interview with the Devs.

Central European Time (UTC+01:00)
Simple answer that should've been the only post after OP in this topic: after the ladder season ends, ladder-exclusive runewords will become craftable by non-ladder and single-player characters. This is 100% definitive.
Did't found a bluepost that quick. But watch that interview with the Devs.
Yeah, I watched it when Llama released it, but didn't pay too much attention to be honest :))

I have been wondering if Legacy D2 ladder-only runewords like Infinity, which were made available to anyone at the start of D2R (lack of ladder and all that), will be converted to "non-ladder runewords" when D2R Ladder season 1 hits...

Schnorki 3182Moderator

PC

It wasn't. But the entire approach is different.

Back then, you had ladder and non-ladder runewords (and uniques and whatnot) and that was it and it stayed like that.

Now, per what the devs have indicated, there's "Season 1 stuff", "Season 2 stuff" and so on, making the entire thing season specific, rather than overarchingly ladder specific. With the caveat that it may not apply to all seasons (i.e. not every season will definitely add new gear). Hence the intended
Conversion
to non-ladder after season end as ladder will have a different set of gear in the next season.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
It wasn't. But the entire approach is different.

Back then, you had ladder and non-ladder runewords (and uniques and whatnot) and that was it and it stayed like that.

Now, per what the devs have indicated, there's "Season 1 stuff", "Season 2 stuff" and so on, making the entire thing season specific, rather than overarchingly ladder specific. With the caveat that it may not apply to all seasons (i.e. not every season will definitely add new gear). Hence the intended
Conversion
to non-ladder after season end.
Yep, it makes perfect sense for them to modernize the game and I'd welcome that.

I'm actually rather looking forward to new ingame content (areas / monsters, etc.), but hey, this takes a lot of planning, development and QA-ing time and resources.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation