Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   6667 views

Description

Hi,

I have went through 10 thousand different calculators of breakpoints and all of them give different results and as far as i can tell they don't actually work.

I have a
Windforce
stuffed with
Shael
rune. Thats basically 40% increased attack speed from the bow (20 from wf + 20
Shael
).
+
Andariel's Visage
with a gem providing +35 attack speed.
+
The Cat's Eye
Amulet +20% attack speed.
+
Nosferatu's Coil
+ 10%
+
Crow Caw
+15%

So far this is +120 attack speed. Generally i like
Dracul's Grasp
for the curse and added lifesteal.
I noticed that this is near a certain breakpoint since if i remove anything else, it looks slower.
Obviously I would like to get rid of the chest and use Fortitude but thats -15% that i could compensate with a
Laying of Hands
gloves which give +20%.
In this setup i'd have 125% which would still be ok. But i have no idea if i ditch
Nosferatu's Coil
and lose 10% for a
Razortail
would work.

Why is is so hard to find the exact breakpoints. I know the weapon type has a native speed - wf has 10 i think. But i basically need the actual breakpoints for
Strafe
like 30 / 50 / 67 / 12139.
I don't want to learn to code in a different language to be able to use one of those calculators.
Description by Tyzmo

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hi,

I have went through 10 thousand different calculators of breakpoints and all of them give different results and as far as i can tell they don't actually work.

I have a
Windforce
stuffed with
Shael
rune. Thats basically 40% increased attack speed from the bow (20 from wf + 20
Shael
).
+
Andariel's Visage
with a gem providing +35 attack speed.
+
The Cat's Eye
Amulet +20% attack speed.
+
Nosferatu's Coil
+ 10%
+
Crow Caw
+15%

So far this is +120 attack speed. Generally i like
Dracul's Grasp
for the curse and added lifesteal.
I noticed that this is near a certain breakpoint since if i remove anything else, it looks slower.
Obviously I would like to get rid of the chest and use Fortitude but thats -15% that i could compensate with a
Laying of Hands
gloves which give +20%.
In this setup i'd have 125% which would still be ok. But i have no idea if i ditch
Nosferatu's Coil
and lose 10% for a
Razortail
would work.

Why is is so hard to find the exact breakpoints. I know the weapon type has a native speed - wf has 10 i think. But i basically need the actual breakpoints for
Strafe
like 30 / 50 / 67 / 12139.
I don't want to learn to code in a different language to be able to use one of those calculators.

Mimic 12

Europe PC
so far, the maxroll planner never disappointed me - here is your gear only for IAS calculation. Should be 27/7 = 6,48 hits/s

https://d2.maxroll.gg/d2planner/vr01063n

I would totally advise for
Razortail
, Fortitude and
Laying of Hands
btw.

Deleted User 632 0

looks like 120% IAS is the breakpoint before 157% for
Hydra Bow
Amazon Attack Speed

Mimic 12

Europe PC
you missed the following footnote:
"50 and 58 EIAS breakpoints only apply to the displayed animation for follow-up attacks: they actually continue to be 3 frames apart, and this interval is never reduced to 2 frames. When
Strafe
is fired continuously, the next volley begins when the animation of the previous one finishes, which reduces the number of actual attacks per volley but may sometimes increase the number of actual attacks over time, resulting in a faster attack rate."

> so maxroll is somewhat correct when no effective breakpoint after 80 IAS (38 EIAS) is displayed, because there is no way to stable calculation, although with 120 IAS (50 EIAS) you hit the 4/3/7. tables vary whether you fire at one or mutliple targets and according to server-client-delay / assuming this is not outdated (!)

https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/ind ... tack_speed

Deleted User 632 0

good catch. yes. it could potentially be outdated as there have been work done by blizz to reduce server / client delay for resurrected.
Mimic wrote: 2 years ago
you missed the following footnote:
"50 and 58 EIAS breakpoints only apply to the displayed animation for follow-up attacks: they actually continue to be 3 frames apart, and this interval is never reduced to 2 frames. When
Strafe
is fired continuously, the next volley begins when the animation of the previous one finishes, which reduces the number of actual attacks per volley but may sometimes increase the number of actual attacks over time, resulting in a faster attack rate."

> so maxroll is somewhat correct when no effective breakpoint after 80 IAS (38 EIAS) is displayed, because there is no way to stable calculation, although with 120 IAS (50 EIAS) you hit the 4/3/7. tables vary whether you fire at one or mutliple targets and according to server-client-delay / assuming this is not outdated (!)

https://www.theamazonbasin.com/wiki/ind ... tack_speed
This was apparently quietly fixed in 2.3. So the 4/2/6 and 4/2/7 frames should now be reachable. Didn't test myself yet.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation