Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
33 replies   3696 views

Description

I would like your input; Has trading died down for you, on this website, in the last month?

I can't trade anything, even when offering lowball prices.. Used to trade a lot on here; now- it's just a lot of bumping threads, and 0 trades.
In fairness, has the game "died"?
Is there any place, where one can see the amount of active monthly players in d2r?
Or a statistic over how many completed trades have been conducted through diablo2.io - during the last month(compared to previous months)?

Can be used to make Runewords:

I would like your input; Has trading died down for you, on this website, in the last month?

I can't trade anything, even when offering lowball prices.. Used to trade a lot on here; now- it's just a lot of bumping threads, and 0 trades.
In fairness, has the game "died"?
Is there any place, where one can see the amount of active monthly players in d2r?
Or a statistic over how many completed trades have been conducted through diablo2.io - during the last month(compared to previous months)?
seems to me that trading is slower now
Trading is slower and at this time and server's age most items are not even worth trading for and, for that matter, selling them.
People mostly already got theirs and now want:

A) super-cheap but useful things (ie. average roll Grief for
Ohm
)
B) cream of the crop things
(C) If they actually even want to bother with trading at all.)

If you don't fall into either category you're going to have a slow time. You'll see a new breath of life once ladder starts while non-ladder will devolve even deeper into "perfect only" cesspool. :P

As for the statistic, yes, Teebling lets you access that info under "trade stats"

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
In addition to what @Queegon said, crafting materials and keys are evergreen trade goods.
It's only natural that with the few remaining dedicated players and a tiny trickle of newcomers, most people have most common things at this point: your Shakos, your Arachs, your
Tal
sets, Homunculi, Titan's, etc., etc.
Now it's about gearing A- and B-tier characters as well as perfecting your S-tier ones.
I wouldn't despair. There's plenty of stuff people still want and will always want: bases, good charms, good crafts, awesome rares. Enough to reliably find something to sell almost every day.
I'm new to this game and I think I can kind of feel what is being described here. All I've sold so far is Keys. For a couple of unique items, I was asked to provide stats, after which I hadn't heard anything back... assuming it falls into that "perfecting your build" category.
Snape75 wrote: 2 years ago
I'm new to this game and I think I can kind of feel what is being described here. All I've sold so far is Keys. For a couple of unique items, I was asked to provide stats, after which I hadn't heard anything back... assuming it falls into that "perfecting your build" category.
Checked out your profile. That repeating message about the full stash isn't helpful to anyone. :)
A couple of piece of advice.
1. Use the Price Check tool on this site to see recent and all-time prices for some of the items you're offering. Throw away the uniques/sets that are worth less than an
Um
. Chances are, you're not selling the ones worth a
Pul
, because the supply is way greater than the demand. Best case scenario, it'll take you weeks.
2. Use the Description field to let potential buyers know the rolls of variable stats on your items. For example, I saw somebody ask you about the stats on the lightning Rainbow Facet you're selling. Instead of "Stash is a bit full..." the description should say something like "3/3 Light Die Lf
Pul
-
Um
." You're not fetching much for it. I personally throw 3-3, 3-4 and 4-3 rolls in the random jewel pile for crafting.
It's normal,coz the mechanics of this game's farming are static.The places are well known,the sharing of the potential finding a good shit is terrible.At the end the uniques are worthless,we play the same thing on and on like a hamster on the wheel,I've forgotten what the other places were in the game.The new patch must have new distribution of item finding,if not,keep rolling the wheel :)

Stand and fight
Live by your heart
Always one more try
I'm not afraid to die
Stand and fight
Say what you feel
Born with a heart of Steel

Teebling 5942Admin

Europe PC
Herbalicious wrote: 2 years ago
Like Queegon pointed out, you can see that info at the trade stats page.

As you can see from the main graph, the number of completed sales per day has dropped from 400ish at its peak to about 50 or so, so about 10% of what it used to be.

The number of active trades is also about 40% of what it used to be (18k active listings compared to 35k at peak).

So yeah, trading is dying or has died already, at least for most items in the game. This is because:

- The game itself has 'died'. Look at Google search trends for Diablo 2 and observe the spike and then dip in interest. This of course affects all sites, not just diablo2.io. Simple fact is that not many people are playing D2 at the moment.
- It is late in the 'season'. As others have pointed out, this far into the same stagnant season with no real balance changes has meant that everyone has already been able to trade for what they wanted. Evergreen goods and perfect rolls are all that remain in demand. This is compounded by the lack of new and returning players.

Despite this, I continue working to improve and build on the site's features and stability (see dev log here), so that when Ladder finally comes around, returning traders will have more tools and trading QoL changes welcoming them back. We could see another rise in activity around mid-April when Ladder is expected to drop.

OP
Thank you very much everyone, for your input.
I have read them all.
Especially appreciating the inputs from both @Teebling & @Queegon
Although I am quite saddened by the information shared, it does serve as a comfort as well. Life must go on. Be blessed, everyone.
Everyone be on that Elden Ring wave now mans. :P

Offer if price not stated
Mines wrote: 2 years ago
If you like health,
String of Ears
is much better option. 8% Life Stolen Per Hit loved it on my hamerdian. Spiral hammer on large group of enemies you fully healed.
I am trading all the time. As time progresses every character evens he playing field against the sorc ebcause no more stupid shakos are worth a ton. Deal with =)
Don't forget Lost Ark. All my friends are playing that.
iamergo wrote: 2 years ago
Checked out your profile. That repeating message about the full stash isn't helpful to anyone. :)
1. Use the Price Check tool on this site to see recent and all-time prices for some of the items you're offering. Throw away the uniques/sets that are worth less than an
Um
Pul
, because the supply is way greater than the demand. Best case scenario, it'll take you weeks.
2. Use the Description field to let potential buyers know the rolls of variable stats on your items. For example, I saw somebody ask you about the stats on the lightning Rainbow Facet you're selling. Instead of "Stash is a bit full..." the description should say something like "3/3 Light Die Lf
Pul
-
Um
." You're not fetching much for it. I personally throw 3-3, 3-4 and 4-3 rolls in the random jewel pile for crafting.
Hi, thank you for the feedback and the advice. I cleaned up my stash quite a bit and dumped (most of it) to
Charsi
. It's really nice not having it filled up with junk! I can actually hold more runes/Pgems now. I did keep a few items worth a
Lem

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by "throwing 3-4 and 4-3 into the random jewel pile for crafting"? For now, I've kept all rainbow facet jewels.

Feel free to take a second look at my stash, any further advice is very welcome. Ty again, my stash is much better organized now!
Um
Pul
Pul
-
Um
Hi, thank you for the feedback and the advice. I cleaned up my stash quite a bit and dumped (most of it) to
Charsi
. It's really nice not having it filled up with junk! I can actually hold more runes/Pgems now. I did keep a few items worth a
Lem

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by "throwing 3-4 and 4-3 into the random jewel pile for crafting"? For now, I've kept all rainbow facet jewels.

Feel free to take a second look at my stash, any further advice is very welcome. Ty again, my stash is much better organized now!
Holy moly, it's like you've bulldozed a ghetto and built a castle in its place! Your stash looks awesome now. KUDOS!

As for the jewel question, I meant that I keep a couple of rows of random jewels in one of my shared stash tabs and spend them as I play, crafting caster amulets and such. You said you were new to the game, so it is possible that you've never heard of crafted items before. You can read up on them here:
http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/it ... tems.shtml

Glad I could help with your stash!
Yea, trading is definitely much slower lately, especially during the week. Saturdays seem to pick up a nicely for a bit, but it drops off again on Sunday.

Very few people buying the mid-tier items, with most only looking for top tier now, understandably.

The good news is, I can clear out 2-3 of my mid-tier item mules, and not have to store as much crap since nobody wants that stuff anymore :)

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
The one thing I've noticed: Pgems are going up in value. The past couple weeks, I've seen more than a few "40 Pgems for
Mal
" games floating around; a couple months ago, you'd be lucky to get an
Um

Gotta have those 40 life skiller GCs, I guess

Um
Pul
Pul
-
Um
Charsi
Lem

Holy moly, it's like you've bulldozed a ghetto and built a castle in its place! Your stash looks awesome now. KUDOS!

As for the jewel question, I meant that I keep a couple of rows of random jewels in one of my shared stash tabs and spend them as I play, crafting caster amulets and such. You said you were new to the game, so it is possible that you've never heard of crafted items before. You can read up on them here:
http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/it ... tems.shtml

Glad I could help with your stash!
Awesome, thank you. I had no idea you could even craft items. Will look into it. And thanks!
Yep 40 Pgems =
Mal

18 P amethysts =
Ist

30 Rals = 30 P skulls =
Ist

Happy trading.
I am guessing the stall before ladder goes live would impact trading?
Concur, about the only trading going on is for consumables. Most notably the PGems and Keys. Also concur that Pgems have gone up in value. They used to be solidly a
Um
, but yes, a little patience and you will find the "
Mal
4 40" games. You will also see "
Um
4 36" or other varieties. Last week I snagged a "
Mal
4 30 PGems" and was quite happy. As I said, patience. You will also see Puls in the mix, sometimes even "
Pul
4 40". Not a bad deal since they are used in some upgrade recipes, so they have value beyond their place in the rune drop table.

Keys, I typically see as a "
Pul
4 two" offer, but sometimes there is "
Pul
4 3" or specifying what keys. Again, patience, and if you want to offload, I recommend spending a little time feeling out the market to see what is the average rate vs what one person is offering.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation