Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
16 replies   3475 views

Description

So I'm on a pretty barren spell getting any items/runes worth anything.... Doing a couple of cow runs, finally something that looks like a valuable drop. A superior (+13% ED)
Grand Matron Bow
(+3 skills with 5 os) drops!!

Awesome, looks like I might actually sells this for something reasonable so I can get (closer to) the missing
Ber
for my Enigma. Then, and I do not know why, I decide to cube up a couple of gems and adds 3 rubys to the cube - however I was way too fast when pressing transmute and suddenly recognizes that the GMB is still in my cube. Alas, my pretty looking item gets transformed to a shitty unworthy bow, going directly to
Charsi
!

Jebus, what a mind-fuck-up.... Just dropped my mood a couple of levels and frustration/irritation upped a couple of levels! :-/
Description by Magikeren

Can be used to make Runewords:

So I'm on a pretty barren spell getting any items/runes worth anything.... Doing a couple of cow runs, finally something that looks like a valuable drop. A superior (+13% ED)
Grand Matron Bow
(+3 skills with 5 os) drops!!

Awesome, looks like I might actually sells this for something reasonable so I can get (closer to) the missing
Ber
for my Enigma. Then, and I do not know why, I decide to cube up a couple of gems and adds 3 rubys to the cube - however I was way too fast when pressing transmute and suddenly recognizes that the GMB is still in my cube. Alas, my pretty looking item gets transformed to a shitty unworthy bow, going directly to
Charsi
!

Jebus, what a mind-fuck-up.... Just dropped my mood a couple of levels and frustration/irritation upped a couple of levels! :-/
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. It'll make your Enigma that much better once you finally get that
Ber
Ouch. That one stings. We spend all this time fighting against the Randomness just to find out that the final drop check, and sometimes the worst, is ourselves.

But, that next good drop is just one kill away. Or 100. Or 1000.
Situation sucks....
but to be the devil's advocate 5 sockets is useless (read worthless) anyway, no? You are not making a Call To Arms inside and Mist is not coming for about half a year. 4 sockets is where Faith is at and when 2.4 hits, Insight too.

If you get a PM offer, post it in the trade. Promote healthy competition instead of settling for less. ;)
If it makes you feel better, I think I did much worse back in September. First Javazon, barely able to barely clear Hell Pit and Pindle, and I use my first
Lem
to get a 4O
Monarch
. I had the order screwed up, so instead of a BiS Spirit, I got a Gemmed
Monarch
. I...might have said some terrible words. That was a bad day.

Lessons learned: Store runes for runewords in the needed order. Check with diablo2
Io
repeatedly. Prior to setting runes, check rune (name and graphic) AND order against not just notes, but d2
Io
. It's always a relief when the right word comes out with expected benefits.
ACK!!! So solly, you need a Group Hug!! I sent mine to ya!
Leaker416 wrote: 2 years ago
If it makes you feel better, I think I did much worse back in September. First Javazon, barely able to barely clear Hell Pit and Pindle, and I use my first
Lem
to get a 4O
Monarch
. I had the order screwed up, so instead of a BiS Spirit, I got a Gemmed
Monarch
. I...might have said some terrible words. That was a bad day.

Lessons learned: Store runes for runewords in the needed order. Check with diablo2
Io
repeatedly. Prior to setting runes, check rune (name and graphic) AND order against not just notes, but d2
Io
. It's always a relief when the right word comes out with expected benefits.
tbh,
Recipe: Remove All Items from Sockets
and you have a clean
Monarch
:D and runes for the Spirit is like 5 runs on
The Countess
?)

Make your offers, please! Check out the entire catalog with categories or simply list of all trade offers.
rockad wrote: 2 years ago

tbh,
Recipe: Remove All Items from Sockets
and you have a clean
Monarch
:D and runes for the Spirit is like 5 runs on
The Countess
?)
Yeah, I got lucky that I learned that with just a
Monarch
and Spirit. Would have been really bad to screw up a Fortitude Infinity or something.
sorry to hear that but I didn't even know that kind of bow is worth picking up :/
Don’t get down my guy. You can re roll that
Monarch
just need a to scroll and a hell rune. Also the 5 socket isn’t worth anything so no worries there. You could have been me and accidentally built a Grief in a 6 soc
Phase Blade
. Didn’t realize till after the
Lo
rune.

At least I saved the
Ral
hahaha

Always have
Key of Destruction

Will run your ubers for 1
Key
tip!

Gunar 35

Amazon PC
nilrem wrote: 2 years ago
...Didn’t realize till after the
Lo
rune.
Ouch... :)
Screwing up runewords is my biggest fear. Measure twice, cut once, so they say. For me it’s check 6 times…
In my case I found a jmod. At that time I didn't know about it's worth so I vendored it.

Stay a while and listen
Zaggazow wrote: 2 years ago
In my case I found a jmod. At that time I didn't know about it's worth so I vendored it.
Go ahead and lock down the thread because nothing is going to beat this for a bad luck story, haha.
Decided to do a new CtA because i found a
Ohm
, used a phaseblade by mistake instead of a
Crystal Sword
. Which of course my sorc couldn't use.

Well I guess i use my old CtA for another while then.
Well speaking of Call To Arms, decided to roll one tonight and of course got a 5/1/3. I should never have touched this bad day thread!
loststar wrote: 2 years ago
Decided to do a new CtA because i found a
Ohm
, used a phaseblade by mistake instead of a
Crystal Sword
. Which of course my sorc couldn't use.

Well I guess i use my old CtA for another while then.
I traded for a cheap CTA and I didn't notice that it was made in a
Phase Blade
. :| It went on my Hammerdin and it seems smiting with the pblade kills magic immunes much faster than a
Flail
CTA.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...