Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   17109 views

Description

Heya D2 experts!

I've gotten my barb to level 81 and am looking for a build specifically and ONLY for Trav runs. Right now I'm specced for
Berserk

Just wondering what everyone thinks is the most efficient build/gear setup for clearing Trav quickly with a barb. WW? Zerk?
Frenzy
? (Side note: I'm not looking for an extreme gold find gambling build).

Thanks for your input! :D

Can be used to make Runewords:

Heya D2 experts!

I've gotten my barb to level 81 and am looking for a build specifically and ONLY for Trav runs. Right now I'm specced for
Berserk

Just wondering what everyone thinks is the most efficient build/gear setup for clearing Trav quickly with a barb. WW? Zerk?
Frenzy

Thanks for your input! :D
best build

OP
Hah! That vid is fantastic :P

Zebot 70

Paladin Americas PC
I’m interested too. I use
Frenzy
but a thread from yesterday has a post about one shotting council with
Whirlwind
using Grief and Oath. Seems like
Berserk
might be able to one shot ? Already so powerful with only a single hard point in it.

Khegan 376

Berserk
is fine for trav-running - it just won't be as efficient as
Whirlwind
. The main problem is the lack of leech and mana burn annoyances, so you'll be relying on potions at times, and/or falling back on
Concentrate
/
Frenzy
. It's also easy to get surrounded when you're hitting things one at a time, so don't forget to use
Howl

With that being said, it really comes down to picking whichever skill that won't bore you to Death.
my barb is
Whirlwind
. i even got rid of some leech (swapped my
Belt
to
Goldwrap
and switched gloves to
Chance Guards

Add me on bnet for fastest response.
Non ladder only Player.
OP
Noice! What are folks' ideal weapons for a WW trav barb?
I'm using
Eth
Death CB and Grief Pb
I’m using
Eth
Breath of the Dying
Berserker Axe
. It’s base rolled ED which I was pissed about but it still mops the floor on P1. In hindsight I would have rolled it in a sword though if anyone wants to trade!
i have double Grief
Berserker Axe

Add me on bnet for fastest response.
Non ladder only Player.
Dual Grief PB. Fort + LoH and its like cutting grass
Khegan wrote: 2 years ago
Berserk
Whirlwind
. The main problem is the lack of leech and mana burn annoyances, so you'll be relying on potions at times, and/or falling back on
Concentrate
/
Frenzy
. It's also easy to get surrounded when you're hitting things one at a time, so don't forget to use
Howl

With that being said, it really comes down to picking whichever skill that won't bore you to Death.
I use merc with Insight and mana burn is not a problem anymore. Also if you use frienzy there is a
Double Swing
skill which costs 0 mana, it deals less damage but has a good attack speed. Council members die fast and usually have no time to kill a merc.
WW when you have gg weapons with fort/LoH.
Frenzy
is easier to build for and has a smoother progression from crap gear to good gear.
Audin Barb wrote: 2 years ago
Berserk
Whirlwind
Concentrate
/
Frenzy
Howl

I use merc with Insight and mana burn is not a problem anymore. Also if you use frienzy there is a
Double Swing
skill which costs 0 mana, it deals less damage but has a good attack speed. Council members die fast and usually have no time to kill a merc.
it's not a bad idea, generally, but doing trav you will still lose a well geared merc every 5-10 runs to a random curse/hydras. running to rez your merc while only adding on 10-15 seconds to a run adds up over time when ideally you want to be doing sub-60 second runs from load screen to load screen. I think it's more efficient to go without merc so you can maximize aggressive farming playstyle.
I've run a pure gold find barb with about 2250 gold find with dual babas with lems. Merc does all the work, I just warcry and
Battle Cry
and tank the damage. Merc with fort or Treachery,
Crown of Thieves
, and Breath of the Dying in an
Eth
Thresher
or
Ghost Glaive
or something (I've also used
Eth
reapers for a time). The killing isn't crazy fast, but it's not terrible either. Merc rarely dies unless he decided to attack through a wall or something really dumb. If I pay attention and toss him an odd potion every half dozen runs, he doesn't usually die at all. Though I tend to play that character when I'm half asleep or distracted anyway. It's a cheaper option for those who don't have everything yet.

Active on D2R most evenings Pacific Standard Time
I copied a setup from a guy on reddit who made 3500+ runs with it and so far iam pretty impressed by the outcome after about 500 runs.

Arreats, 2x hoto, Bk Ring, Fcr ring, Arach
Belt
, Enigma, LoH, Highlords, Gores, 2x Grief pb, 7
War Cry
sk, Torch, Anni

That gives me 58%
Find Item
, which is a game changer. I dont even use a merc.
worstd2playerever wrote: 2 years ago
Audin Barb wrote: 2 years ago
Berserk
Whirlwind
Concentrate
/
Frenzy
Howl

Double Swing
it's not a bad idea, generally, but doing trav you will still lose a well geared merc every 5-10 runs to a random curse/hydras. running to rez your merc while only adding on 10-15 seconds to a run adds up over time when ideally you want to be doing sub-60 second runs from load screen to load screen. I think it's more efficient to go without merc so you can maximize aggressive farming playstyle.
I bet most players don't realize there's a bug with Hydras hitting 6x more damage to mercs. This bug been around since LOD days and Blizz never bothered to fix it.

Even I sensed that something was very wrong 20 years later, and true enough got confirmed by Reddit post on this bug ><

I hope one day they'll fix it so poor Emilio will stop dying to
Ismail Vilehand
and
Bartuc the Bloody
Darth-Stevieous wrote: 2 years ago
Berserk

Frenzy
"most efficient"... It depends on your skills and tastes as player... I tryed
Whirlwind
and
Frenzy
in the past, but I work better using
Concentrate
as primary (maxed) skill... Why
Concentrate
? Your attacks cannot be interrupted, your defense is doubled, mana-burns cannot stop you.
I have spent 1 point in
Berserk
and use it when I find phisical immunes.

Gear:
Immortal King full set (really cheap)
+2 Amulet (looking for anything with some leech), 1
Raven Frost
ring (recommended), 1 rare ring +AR +8%LL +anything
Hellfire Torch
with low-mid stats and res
Lem
in the
Maul

few charms mixed with +life, +dmg, +ar

3000+ life buffed, really don't need more... I'm putting more points in +str to raise dmg and +dex for more +ar and +def
I'm not that fast on clearing and sometimes I kill also some champions packs if they are on the way... average time for each run is 3-5 minutes
Raven Frost
protects you from any cold damage that can slow you down but not from
Holy Freeze
auras... so kill 1st mobs with
Holy Freeze
and
Conviction
... but you should already know that...

PS: I have spent 1 point in
Find Item
and I always use it if they don't shatter due to the cold dmg that IK set do...

DiabloDeDeadpool wrote: 2 years ago
May the loot be with you...

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation