Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
12 replies   3121 views

Description

Unless I’m trading, I never really create private lobbies, I just click ‘play’ to start an online game so I’m ignorant on some of the mechanics with created games.
If I create a private game and open the Uber portals, then end up dying, can I enter another game to retrieve by body, then re-enter my original created game and still use those same portals I opened?
If so I repeatedly made the mistake of not doing this and was forced to leave my game to retrieve my body thus wasting a handful of keys.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Unless I’m trading, I never really create private lobbies, I just click ‘play’ to start an online game so I’m ignorant on some of the mechanics with created games.
If I create a private game and open the Uber portals, then end up dying, can I enter another game to retrieve by body, then re-enter my original created game and still use those same portals I opened?
If so I repeatedly made the mistake of not doing this and was forced to leave my game to retrieve my body thus wasting a handful of keys.

Available for trade after 6pm EST - US
Just copy the name of the game that you can see when you open minimap (G is uppercase) into the game name and password in lobby and voila you join the game you've created previously. Game stays live 5-15 mins. You don't even need to switch games if you die, login into the same one.

Make your offers, please! Check out the entire catalog with categories or simply list of all trade offers.

y2kid 109

PC
You can leave and then rejoin the same game quickly. Your body will be on the Ground as expected

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
Wow i wish i knew that yesterday. I've never played on-line but since PTR gave us some keys this time I've decided to gear a Smiter and try
Uber Tristram
for the first time.

Got a hell of a ass-whooping from
Uber Mephisto
even with end-game gear. It was HARD getting back to my body and I've died many many times to lure monster away from it :p

Guess at least I've learned how to do it in Single Player.

y2kid 109

PC
I know there was a bug where act bosses took less dmg. Also your 85 chars were missing 30 all res and 15 stat points, compared to a normal char at that time. So... Gear is imporant but
Uber Mephisto
's
Conviction
preys on badly maxed resistances and punishes it hard. I am not saying doing the ubers is any easier otherwise, but it might be at least same difficulty without as much endgame gear as you had then.

y2k#2833 on Bnet
y2kid#1811 on Discord
Therion56 wrote: 2 years ago
Yes, always create a private game and make sure to open one portal at a time in case you get disconnected. And to open the portals at different locations so they don't overlap.
OP
y2kid wrote: 2 years ago
I know there was a bug where act bosses took less dmg. Also your 85 chars were missing 30 all res and 15 stat points, compared to a normal char at that time. So... Gear is imporant but
Uber Mephisto
's
Conviction
preys on badly maxed resistances and punishes it hard. I am not saying doing the ubers is any easier otherwise, but it might be at least same difficulty without as much endgame gear as you had then.
definitely true. I was having a hard time with
Lilith
, so I respec'd my dex so I could equip Grief... It just really sucked that it took away almost 60 points from my vitality which really hurt my CTA health buff. I tried Black but I felt underpowered. Using a lvl 93 hammerdin with 1pt in
Smite
and
Fanaticism
, I rocking Enigma, Spirit
Rondache
with +38 resist, Drac's, Gface, Highlords,
Goblin Toe
Raven Frost
, verdungo's, and
Dwarf Star
. Enigma easily got me to
Lilith
, but if there are any other mobs in the room (especially archers) I have a serious problem 1v1ing her before getting completely mashed by amp damage and her poison. I was at about 50% poison res going into it. Maybe it's bad luck or maybe I'm just buns.

OP
Anonemous wrote: 2 years ago
Yes, always create a private game and make sure to open one portal at a time in case you get disconnected. And to open the portals at different locations so they don't overlap.
gotcha. isn't it also faster to switch items to and from characters by using a private game, and dropping/picking them up with a different character? I've seen people do this on streams but it feels wrong for me to just drop valuables on the floor and exit the game.

I was at about 50% poison res going into it.
Next time to drink about 10-20
Antidote Potion
's you can get from the vendor before fighting her.

An
Antidote Potion
instantly removes the effects of Poison.

It also gives the character +50 Poison Resistance and +10 to maximum Resistance for 30 seconds. The duration of increased Poison Resistance stacks when ingesting multiple potions. For example, if one takes 5 Antidote Potions rapidly, they gain +50 Poison Resistance for 150 seconds (2 minutes and 30 seconds).
It's interesting to see these discussions because smiter is considered the best uber killer. My kicksin downs lillith and really any uber besides manaburning
Baal
in moments...could always try that, then you don't have to proc
Fade
:-)
Also...you're proccing
Fade
right??
OP
FanciestCrab wrote: 2 years ago
It's interesting to see these discussions because smiter is considered the best uber killer. My kicksin downs lillith and really any uber besides manaburning
Baal
in moments...could always try that, then you don't have to proc
Fade
:-)
Also...you're proccing
Fade
right??
erm, no. I tried first without to see if it would suffice then when it didn't, I ended up loosing my portals when I was forced to grab more full rejuvs from a mule. This my plan now though after I've already experienced it firsthand.

FanciestCrab wrote: 2 years ago
Also...you're proccing
Fade
right??
Not meant for me but...I knew i was forgetting something 😁
OP
I used
Fade
and had little to no problem at all.
My first torch was a 15/20 pally!
thank the gods