Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3 replies   3598 views

Description

So far I had to deal with two botd
War Pike
owners who claimed their botd is worth more because of their superior base.
my question is why would it matter what the base is if the combined ED is still a mid roll?
also, their superior bases aren't even perfect ones.
One actually claimed that he would get more by emptying the sockets and selling just the base..
Am I missing something ??

Can be used to make Runewords:

So far I had to deal with two botd
War Pike
owners who claimed their botd is worth more because of their superior base.
my question is why would it matter what the base is if the combined ED is still a mid roll?
also, their superior bases aren't even perfect ones.
One actually claimed that he would get more by emptying the sockets and selling just the base..
Am I missing something ??

add me on bnet for quick transaction: sleevpr#1928
Just so we have more context here, what were you offering and what they were asking for?
Because they are badly informed and think they can strongarm you out of more value. While the base itself may be worth more, if the roll is bad it doesn't matter. If they could get more by emptying out the sockets and selling the base they should have no problem emptying the sockets and rerolling it then.

We are talking about Ethereal bases right? Because if it isn't ethereal, superior is trash compared to ethereal.

Difference between 7-15% damage increase on superior and 50% damage increase on ethereal.

Anyways, the overall damage is what matters.

A similar thing happens with Insight. If you roll a perfectly bad 200% ED Insight in an Ethereal
Thresher
it will only do 36-422 damage, but if you roll a perfect 260% ED Insight in a 15% superior
Thresher
it will do 35.88-421.59 damage.

These are nearly identical, but the Ethereal base itself is worth more than a non-ethereal base. The difference between this and the Breath of the Dying example is that Breath of the Dying costs
Vex
Zod
. So about 11
Ist
. While the runes in an Insight cost next to nothing. Do they really want to
Sacrifice
11 or so
Ist
just to prove a point? Thats up to them.

If you offer what I am asking, add me on battle.net for a quicker trade. I'll see the notification instantly if I'm available.
OP
tatatat wrote: 2 years ago
Because they are badly informed and think they can strongarm you out of more value. While the base itself may be worth more, if the roll is bad it doesn't matter. If they could get more by emptying out the sockets and selling the base they should have no problem emptying the sockets and rerolling it then.

We are talking about Ethereal bases right? Because if it isn't ethereal, superior is trash compared to ethereal.

Difference between 7-15% damage increase on superior and 50% damage increase on ethereal.

Anyways, the overall damage is what matters.

A similar thing happens with Insight. If you roll a perfectly bad 200% ED Insight in an Ethereal
Thresher
it will only do 36-422 damage, but if you roll a perfect 260% ED Insight in a 15% superior
Thresher
it will do 35.88-421.59 damage.

These are nearly identical, but the Ethereal base itself is worth more than a non-ethereal base. The difference between this and the Breath of the Dying example is that Breath of the Dying costs
Vex
Zod
. So about 11
Ist
. While the runes in an Insight cost next to nothing. Do they really want to
Sacrifice
11 or so
Ist
just to prove a point? Thats up to them.
Yea, we are talking about
Eth
. I'm fairly new to the whole runeword and thought maybe I was missing something.
he actually posted the base soon after our little convo and took it down in a few hours after no one offered any rune.
Feel bad for the guy but I couldn't understand where he was coming from.
Thanks for the response.

add me on bnet for quick transaction: sleevpr#1928

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...