What do you think? Upp it and add a sheal? Amp dmg might be fun with
Frenzy
:)
Description by dziebel

Can be used to make Runewords:

What do you think? Upp it and add a sheal? Amp dmg might be fun with
Frenzy
:)
thats an interesting weapon, would you sell it? I am interested for my zealot ;)
OP
Not sure if I want to sell sth like this without having fun first:)
Were not by the
Amplify Damage
proc i would say it's not worth it because a lot of rune words and uniques will have better damage and lots of other stats like IAS, Crushing Blow, Life Leech, etc.

But
Amplify Damage
is pretty Sweet! I've been using a
Lacerator
with my Zealot and it was a huge DPS boost. I'm not sure how would these compare in practice but let's see what i can do:
  • Lacaretor has a HUGE 33% chance to cast Amplify Damge. The 5% on the
    Twin Axe
    is still good for fast hitting characters though.
  • Lacerator
    can NOT be socketed. A socket in this
    Twin Axe
    opens up a lot of possibilities (
    Ruby
    Jewel of Fervor,
    Ber
    rune for CB,etc). But not sure if those are worth it IMO.
  • Lacerator
    Open Wounds might help with Ubers
If Ethereal, i would definitely say
Lacerator
probably is better but it remains to be seen what you can do with your
Twin Axe
after sockets are added. But again i'm not sure if using any of those ultra expensive socketables are worth it. You can experiment with a
Shael
. In doubt just rush a Sorc to Act 5 and socket it, you will use 1-2 hours max.

Now that i think about it, a
Shael
or any IAS jewel might help with the proc chance and you might use it on your swap. After that just switch back to your main weapon with Grief/Last Wish or whatever OP item you have and you will be massacreing everything. (But if you're playng online trading for a
Lacerator
would be better in that sense. If Single Player you should definitely keep it)

Note that
Amplify Damage
does NOT double your weapon damage! That is only the case if the monster have 0 Physical Resistance. If the monster have more than 0 the proportion is actually much higher!

Simplified Ex: your attack deals 100 Physical damage. A monster have 90% Physical resistance. You deal 10 damage to that monster. After
Amplify Damage
the monster will have -10% Physical resistance which means you will deal 110 damage. 110/10 = 11x more damage!

Sometimes it is easier to think about AD this way: it will sum your attack damage, unaltered by any physical resistance to your attack. You used to deal 10 damage, now you deal 10+100.
OP
Thx for your in depth post crocorinho! I think I want to have fun with it just becouse its not another boring Grief. I have a zealer and
Frenzy
barb with near perfect eboth ba so it might be interesting. I will post again once I will do the upgrades. Now I need to hunt down
Fal
rune.
Imagine if you didn't need an SOJ to up that to the elite version, FML Blizz, fix that stupid recipe requirement. D2R don't have dupe SOJs anymore. At least nowhere like legacy D2 did.
229 - 475 Dmg upped if I entered it correctly in the calculator
OP
Guy its done. Look at my new baby. Upping cost me
Fal
Um
1pgm and 1
Larzuk
quest.
halflife wrote: 2 years ago
Imagine if you didn't need an SOJ to up that to the elite version, FML Blizz, fix that stupid recipe requirement. D2R don't have dupe SOJs anymore. At least nowhere like legacy D2 did.
You are mistaking the Recipe: Elite Rare Weapon (which ups the base item) with the
Recipe: High Quality Rare Item of Same Type

dziebel wrote: 2 years ago
Fal
Um
1pgm and 1
Larzuk
quest.
Tell us how it performs!
if you getting bored with it tell me ;) I would favor it over Grief on my zealot, just because I dont like the looks of phase blades (Had a Silence
Berserker Axe
on my zealot back in the LoD prepatch times, before all those uber runewords came in)
OP
crocorinho wrote: 2 years ago
Tell us how it performs!
Its on par as my near perfect
Eth
botd ba. Until you find uniqe monster with physical resistance then its crazy dope!

Guys pick up your rare drops couse this is nuts.
Fal
Um
1pgm and 1
Larzuk
quest.
oh wow phys immunes are no more

Had a Dream about getting a
Lo
, and all I found today was a
Wisp Projector
Tell us how it performs!
Its on par as my near perfect
Eth
botd ba. Until you find uniqe monster with physical resistance then its crazy dope!

Guys pick up your rare drops couse this is nuts.
Yeah,
Amplify Damage
is massive for physical characters. Makes us realize why our mercenary dies so often when cursed!

This is the kind of skill that alows character that were struggling on p1 to play on p5 or p7
Thatā€™s a nice one

Bisu 371

PC
If the durability goes all the way to zero in a long fight, would it still auto repair? Or it would just break?

Asha 357

Sorceress Europe PC
I once got rare
Eth
CV from
Mephisto
- back in 1.13. Damn stick rolled both cruel and masters, never seen 411% ed before that. But, aside of damage, it was rather crappy - no ias, no amplify proc, no lifeleech, no sockets - not even -req. Brought it to
Ormus
at least.
You are mistaking the Recipe: Elite Rare Weapon (which ups the base item) with the
Recipe: High Quality Rare Item of Same Type

Fal
Um
1pgm and 1
Larzuk
quest.
Tell us how it performs!
Oh cool, thanks for the info! Yeah I mistook the recipes.

Congrats OP! What a Beast of a find!
OP
Congrats OP! What a Beast of a find!
Thank you!

Beardozer 445Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Bisu wrote: 2 years ago
If the durability goes all the way to zero in a long fight, would it still auto repair? Or it would just break?
Yeah I'm curious about this too.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

Asha 357

Sorceress Europe PC
Bisu wrote: 2 years ago
Well, there is one way to make sure - takin some crappy self-repair weapon and tryin your best to break it hittin some Toorc/fire-spittin tower/barricaded tower/whatever. If it won't start repair after being downed to zero - there's an answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...