Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
34 replies   11759 views

Description

Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

it took me many attempts to get the first 35% shield. then I got maybe 4 or 5 more 35% shields quite quickly when I don't really care if it is a 35%.

And I tend to find whatever item I just traded for, this happened to Natures Peace,
Razortail
Arm of King Leoric
and more...
Peacku wrote: 2 years ago
Do we all agree that the chance to roll a 35% FCR Spirit is ~1/10?

I've used the
Hel
+
Scroll of Town Portal
recipe and hoarded Spirit runes many, many times now and I yet have to roll a 35.
Unfortunately I did not keep count but I would say I am easily at about 25 rerolls now, I've gotten 34% about 4 times and many 25% rolls.

This has got to be unlucky, right?

(I was going for a 35
Monarch
first before trying to roll 35 on a
Crystal Sword
and decent levelling
Rondache
but now I'm scared)
I made probably 50 Spirit shields before I gave up. Never seen a single 35%.
Was about to throw all sorts of offers at you..until I read the part about the 143 base. :(
No problem - someone dropped an 4os
Monarch
in the game and did'nt needed it. Was my 5th try and i realized much later that the stats are perfect.

Gris
OP

Peacku 186

Sorceress Europe PC
mishabg wrote: 2 years ago
The thing with low probability events, is that it's easy to go on a bad streak. If you roll a million of them, you'll get the right amount of perfect, but you'll also get streaks with 30, 40 misses in a row. Just variance.

But on a smaller streak, you can massively underperform your odds.

The odds of rolling perfect FCR are 1/11 (not 1/10).

The odds of not getting at least one over 11 rolls is 35%. ((10/11)^11)
The odds of not getting it with 20 rolls is 15%
30 rolls? 6%.
To go under a 1% odds, you need 49 tries in a row without success.

But you also need to consider the fact that thousands of people try to roll the same thing. So as unlikely as a <1% odds looks, someone is guaranteed to achieve this.

If 10,000 people try to reroll spirits, it's roughly 50-50 that one of them will go 100 rolls in a row without hitting 35.

That one person will think it's rigged or that the odds aren't 1/11 or that he's cursed... But statistically, it's not just normal, it's expected.
I love calculating odds for these kind of things to get a measure of how lucky/unlucky I am, and thanks for correcting me, indeed it is 1/11 and not 1/10!
Still haven't managed to get than 35 roll though, but I have been lazy and haven't done that many rolls lately for lack of Hels (and lack of playing)... Let's see if I get under the 1%!
I love calculating odds for these kind of things to get a measure of how lucky/unlucky I am, and thanks for correcting me, indeed it is 1/11 and not 1/10!
Still haven't managed to get than 35 roll though, but I have been lazy and haven't done that many rolls lately for lack of Hels (and lack of playing)... Let's see if I get under the 1%!
I love calculating those too (sometimes for a bit of perspective); I'm also on an unlucky streak with something else, ID'ing torches; My odds of not ID'ing a sorc or paladin torch yet was 4%.

I hope I'll get one before bringing these odds to <1% hah.
I was lucky enough to roll a 35% FCR Spirit
Monarch
on the first try. I couldn't believe it.

I play both ladder and non-ladder.
No. I've rolled like 50 or 60 Spirit Monarchs, and gotten zero that rolled 35% FCR. I've gotten 34% FCR like 10 or more times, it's so irritating.

I've used the
Hel
+
Scroll of Town Portal
recipe and hoarded Spirit runes many, many times now and I yet have to roll a 35.
Unfortunately I did not keep count but I would say I am easily at about 25 rerolls now, I've gotten 34% about 4 times and many 25% rolls.

This has got to be unlucky, right?

(I was going for a 35
Monarch
first before trying to roll 35 on a
Crystal Sword
and decent levelling
Rondache
but now I'm scared)
I agree that it is 1/10, but luck definitely factors. I rolled 35%
Monarch
first try, but my sword took ~5-6 tries. I had great luck, however I might have stolen it from you.
stormravenx wrote: 1 year ago
Monarch
first try, but my sword took ~5-6 tries. I had great luck, however I might have stolen it from you.
Well, even if the FCR IS randomly distributed across its possible range of values, it's still 1/11 not 1/10. 25-35 is 11 values, not 10.

Schnorki 3153Moderator

PC
tatarjj wrote: 1 year ago
stormravenx wrote: 1 year ago
Monarch
Well, even if the FCR IS randomly distributed across its possible range of values, it's still 1/11 not 1/10. 25-35 is 11 values, not 10.
11 indeed.

As someone who has crafted literally thousands of spirits (i.e. statistically significant amounts) in the still failed pursuit of a perfect one (still 1 off..multiple times..ugh!), I will say that yes, the distribution seems even. 1:11 for 35 is indeed supported by mass-testing. That selection is low enough for me to confirm.

The 1:1584 for a truly perfect one though...still failing there. :(
(1:11 on FCR x 1:24 on mana x 1:6 on absorb)
So far I’ve Re-rolled a Spirit
Sacred Rondache
over 60 times without hitting 35 FCR. The other day I traded for a 5 pack of Spirit runes and 2 were 34 and 3 were 25.

Is this shield cursed? Please send
Cleansing
auras.

RNG 🤬

PC, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation
Buckland wrote: 1 year ago
So far I’ve Re-rolled a Spirit
Sacred Rondache
over 60 times without hitting 35 FCR. The other day I traded for a 5 pack of Spirit runes and 2 were 34 and 3 were 25.

Is this shield cursed? Please send
Cleansing
auras.

RNG 🤬
i feel you, i've been trying to roll a 35 FCR Spirit in a 15% ED
Monarch
i got near the beginning of ladder. figures that the first one i rolled in a non-superior base for my own use was a 35, despite only needing a minimum of 29 to hit my target breakpoint.
Cleansing
Cleansing
Cleansing
I decided to make one to relegate my
Stormshield
to D-Clone and uber duty only. Third try in my self-found 14%
Monarch

1st roll: 25% FCR, <100 mana, 3 magic absorb
2nd roll: 29% FCR, 108 mana, 8 magic absorb
3rd: I have since made another Spirit in a different
Monarch
as a weapon switch shield to go with a future Call To Arms
Phase Blade
. That Spirit rolled a 26% but it doesn't really matter since the entire 25-35% range is within the upper and lower bounds of the breakpoint that I can achieve with the rest of my gear.

I don't have particularly great luck with farming in general. In D2R, I've still yet to get a non-Hellforge rune drop higher than
Um
, and despite all the
Fal
Pul
, and
Um
rune drops, I've never gotten a
Lem
drop. I've seen a
Sur
drop in a public cow game that was out of my reach. I've not found a single unique worth a damn even though one of those happened to be
The Grandfather
which nobody uses or values anymore. I'll gladly take some good fortune and RNG with runeword rolls because I sure don't get it anywhere else.

PC | Softcore Non-Ladder | US Eastern Time (UTC-4)
Expansion Ladder Season 1 Level 99 (#115 Amazon, #584 Overall)

EPOCH FAIL
What are the chances of rolling a 35 112 8 then?

Bisu 369

PC
Cookryan wrote: 1 year ago
What are the chances of rolling a 35 112 8 then?
11 * 24 * 6 = 1584, so 1 in 1584

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...