Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
1 reply   818 views

Description

Hello,

After some googling, I noticed that this bug had been addressed previously in Diablo 2 even though, I couldn't find a topic in here. Any how, I respeced my barb from
Frenzy
and
Mace
specialization to swords and berzerk and when I put on my attributes with my gear on, I couldn't use my
Phase Blade
as primary weapon. Regardless of which slot the weapon was slotted, it always switched Ali Baba to be the primary weapon. Had it been a cosmetic thing, it wouldn't have mattered, but it changed Ali Baba's stats to be my primary attacking weapon as well. I was rather fustrated with this and even cubed the runes out of Ali Baba to see if it was due to that to no good.

In the end the reason was, that I respeced with gear and charms on and even though I had enough dex with gear on, the game decided that it couldn't use the
Phase Blade
anyhow. Before driving me to the brink of madness, I read from somewhere that it might be due to a bug that requires respecing without the gear and charms. I did that and speced enough dex without any additions and it started working. Annoying bug, but if you're wrestling with similar kind of issues, it might be this.

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hello,

After some googling, I noticed that this bug had been addressed previously in Diablo 2 even though, I couldn't find a topic in here. Any how, I respeced my barb from
Frenzy
and
Mace
specialization to swords and berzerk and when I put on my attributes with my gear on, I couldn't use my
Phase Blade
as primary weapon. Regardless of which slot the weapon was slotted, it always switched Ali Baba to be the primary weapon. Had it been a cosmetic thing, it wouldn't have mattered, but it changed Ali Baba's stats to be my primary attacking weapon as well. I was rather fustrated with this and even cubed the runes out of Ali Baba to see if it was due to that to no good.

In the end the reason was, that I respeced with gear and charms on and even though I had enough dex with gear on, the game decided that it couldn't use the
Phase Blade
anyhow. Before driving me to the brink of madness, I read from somewhere that it might be due to a bug that requires respecing without the gear and charms. I did that and speced enough dex without any additions and it started working. Annoying bug, but if you're wrestling with similar kind of issues, it might be this.

RonEnemy#21793
Gmt +2, Tend to sleep at nights
Yes, this is correct. It is a D2R bug that
Frenzy
and
Berserk
will always use your offhand (the right weapon on the character sheet) if you do not have enough hard stat points without all and any attributes from any charms or any gear equipped to wield your mainhand weapon (the left weapon on the character sheet).

This only applies to single handed attacks while dual wielding, so
Frenzy
and
Berserk
, as far as it is relevant. It does not affect
Whirlwind

So
Frenzy
barbs and Zerk barbs should definitely be aware of this bug. Note that if you do dual wield 2x Grief or two other equivalent weapons, the impact will be actually very minimal to you.

Whirlwind
barbs can profit from another D2R bug regarding MH and OH weapons: If your OH weapon is broken (reduced to 0 durability), then your WW will use your MH damage and stats not only for the MH damage calculation, but also for the OH damage calculation, instead of the broken OH. This means that with 1x Grief, WW barbs now have the damage of 2x Grief while using
Whirlwind
and while this bug remains unfixed.

Both bugs have been identified for more than a month, but to my knowledge remain unfixed as of today.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation