Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
4 replies   635 views

Description

Hello! I was just wondering what torches can be traded for better runes and depending on what? I know Pala, Sorc, Ama torches are in high demand, therefore, these will be easier to be sold on HR but I find that you can get a better value or sell it more quickly from trading for e.g. a S Torch 13/16 instead of 16/13.

I know the attributes are the main part on a torch but are people looking for the ones with higher res then? Ty!

edit: I don't know how I could miss those 2 topics which are great and answers to all my questions. At least someone still bothered to make some light for me down below and thanks him again for that. If anyone else stumbles in this silly question like I did you better check forums/trade-value-guide-runes-torches- ... 20668.html and forums/short-guide-for-beginner-torch-s ... 18663.html
Description by wakE

Can be used to make Runewords:

wakE 18

Sorceress Europe PC
Hello! I was just wondering what torches can be traded for better runes and depending on what? I know Pala, Sorc, Ama torches are in high demand, therefore, these will be easier to be sold on HR but I find that you can get a better value or sell it more quickly from trading for e.g. a S Torch 13/16 instead of 16/13.

I know the attributes are the main part on a torch but are people looking for the ones with higher res then? Ty!

edit: I don't know how I could miss those 2 topics which are great and answers to all my questions. At least someone still bothered to make some light for me down below and thanks him again for that. If anyone else stumbles in this silly question like I did you better check forums/trade-value-guide-runes-torches- ... 20668.html and forums/short-guide-for-beginner-torch-s ... 18663.html

My BattleTag - wakE#21715
My Discord - wakE#1994
sorc torch most expensive, followed by palain.

other torches amazon, druid, barb, assassin and necro in less demand and sell for a lot less

people would like higher res but prefer higher attributes.

its just easier to get +15 all res than +15 all main stats from gear or from charms. Plus its not too difficult to max out resistance, but you can always use more main stats.

I think that is why.

wakE 18

Sorceress Europe PC
Arres wrote: 2 years ago
sorc torch most expensive, followed by palain.

other torches amazon, druid, barb, assassin and necro in less demand and sell for a lot less

people would like higher res but prefer higher attributes.

its just easier to get +15 all res than +15 all main stats from gear or from charms. Plus its not too difficult to max out resistance, but you can always use more main stats.

I think that is why.
I understand that but for me seems easier to sell torches with higher res than attributes. I was wondering if there is a reason why people would buy quicker torchers with higher res than att. I believe it's a bit cheaper than the other way around.

My Discord - wakE#1994

Schnorki 853 Moderator

PC
Res does tend to add more value than attributes and it makes sense.

Fact is, you can't get res if not from gear. A lot of final gear combinations result in not being significantly over-capped (if at all) once done. And most people don't have perfect rolls on all of their gear (yet). As a result, every point of res becomes wanted because it gets you closer to being capped and the only other way to get it (until you get better rolls on your gear) is to block your inventory with more res charms which - worst case - costs you room for skillers and the like and hence costs you significant damage or similar.

Attributes on the other hand used to be just as important in the good old days - before respecs existed - because you didn't want to spend any point in str/dex/.. beyond what you would need in the final build. As a result, you had the same problem as you do with res now which is that you ended up with +2 str charms and such junk blocking your inventory. Respecs changed that however because now, you simply add 3, 4, however many extra points into strength to make up for missing attributes on your torch which makes little to no noticeable difference and then once you really do eventually got perfect rolls on everything (or at least the pieces that add stats), you do a respec to your final stat distribution and you're done. As a result, losing a few stat points on a torch these days really doesn't matter much beyond the fact that "it isn't perfect!" which applies equally to res.

wakE 18

Sorceress Europe PC
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Res does tend to add more value than attributes and it makes sense.

Fact is, you can't get res if not from gear. A lot of final gear combinations result in not being significantly over-capped (if at all) once done. And most people don't have perfect rolls on all of their gear (yet). As a result, every point of res becomes wanted because it gets you closer to being capped and the only other way to get it (until you get better rolls on your gear) is to block your inventory with more res charms which - worst case - costs you room for skillers and the like and hence costs you significant damage or similar.

Attributes on the other hand used to be just as important in the good old days - before respecs existed - because you didn't want to spend any point in str/dex/.. beyond what you would need in the final build. As a result, you had the same problem as you do with res now which is that you ended up with +2 str charms and such junk blocking your inventory. Respecs changed that however because now, you simply add 3, 4, however many extra points into strength to make up for missing attributes on your torch which makes little to no noticeable difference and then once you really do eventually got perfect rolls on everything (or at least the pieces that add stats), you do a respec to your final stat distribution and you're done. As a result, losing a few stat points on a torch these days really doesn't matter much beyond the fact that "it isn't perfect!" which applies equally to res.
Thanks very much for your answer pal. That makes complete sense to me now and I never thought about it. This will help me with my trading as well because I was usually asking more for a torch with higher attributes and lower res and it was more difficult to sell it sometimes. Now I'll know how to balance the price better.

My Discord - wakE#1994

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...