Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   1789 views

Description

Device: desktop
Browser: chrome

Steps to reproduce: add more than 12 trades on a tab

Anything else to add: i think this is a bug, not a feature, because when you delete trades the old ones re-appear. that tells me the trades still exist so why can't i see them on my stash tabs beyond 12 trades? add a horizontal scrollbar.

Can be used to make Runewords:

geo89 52

Assassin Americas XLinux
Device: desktop
Browser: chrome

Steps to reproduce: add more than 12 trades on a tab

Anything else to add: i think this is a bug, not a feature, because when you delete trades the old ones re-appear. that tells me the trades still exist so why can't i see them on my stash tabs beyond 12 trades? add a horizontal scrollbar.
Fixedby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Fixed in 1.14. Stash tabs now no longer have a limit of 12 visible listings.

This is a HARDCORE trade. PC only.

EnragedN3wb 193Moderator

PC
This is intended & I don't think it can be changed, as I believe the reasoning for the limited space per stash tab is due to the number of trades that can be successfully bumped in the 15 second time for the bump all button.

You can move items to other stash tabs, or use the Active (All) button on your profile page to see the rest of your trades though.
EnragedN3wb wrote: 2 years ago
This is intended & I don't think it can be changed, as I believe the reasoning for the limited space per stash tab is due to the number of trades that can be successfully bumped in the 15 second time for the bump all button.

You can move items to other stash tabs, or use the Active (All) button on your profile page to see the rest of your trades though.
Hope you can fetch all the items in a single tab and have scroll in the future.

I'm pretty much all full on all tabs.. :*(

Check out my profile or Active (All) section for more items!
OP

geo89 52

Assassin Americas XLinux
Thanks. It didn't cross my mind until later that this is likely an optimization (only first 12 trades in each tab are fetched at a time to ease load on the sql server or to set limits on the bump all trades feature).

EnragedN3wb 193Moderator

PC
geo89 wrote: 2 years ago
Thanks. It didn't cross my mind until later that this is likely an optimization (only first 12 trades in each tab are fetched at a time to ease load on the sql server or to set limits on the bump all trades feature).
Yeah my main reason for thinking of that as the reason is that before the the bump all button existed I would open each trade in a tab to bump one by one & the website would yell at me if I went from one trade to the next too fast. So from there I assumed that's the reason for the 15 second timer, & then 12 trades over 15 seconds seems about right for the rate limit for bumping. :P

Teebling 5983Admin

Europe PC
Bump all button will bump all your trades regardless of how many you have in each tab.

The reason for limiting it to 12 was so that power users who have like 60+ listings wouldn't be making enormous sql queries every time they visited their profile or switched stash tabs. This was a problem on the old version of the site where all the trade listings were loaded at once.

EnragedN3wb 193Moderator

PC
Guess I still have a lot to learn about how this stuff works. xD

Thanks for the explaining :)
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Bump all button will bump all your trades regardless of how many you have in each tab.

The reason for limiting it to 12 was so that power users who have like 60+ listings wouldn't be making enormous sql queries every time they visited their profile or switched stash tabs. This was a problem on the old version of the site where all the trade listings were loaded at once.
Would it be possible to have a "Load more" button to get more items? Separating the calls by number of items in a single tab

Teebling 5983Admin

Europe PC
striplover wrote: 2 years ago
Separating the calls by number of items in a single tab
Potentially yeah. It was a really conservative change in v1.0 because performance was such a big concern, but I think there's room to allow for that now.

Edit: might just end up doubling it to 24.

Separating the calls by number of items in a single tab
Potentially yeah. It was a really conservative change in v1.0 because performance was such a big concern, but I think there's room to allow for that now.
Love you guys for a quick response. Appreciate you guys working on the site!

OP

geo89 52

Assassin Americas XLinux

Would it be possible to have a "Load more" button to get more items? Separating the calls by number of items in a single tab
Great suggestion. So if I understand this correctly, the proposed suggestion is to implement an additional button to cycle through more trades (which are in the database but not ever queried beyond the first 12 trades per stash tab). I think this would not cause additional computation anymore than pressing refresh because the same amount of trades are being queried, but that would potentially eliminate the 12 trade hard limit on the visible stash tabs.

Teebling 5983Admin

Europe PC
Fixed in 1.14. Stash tabs now no longer have a limit of 12 visible listings.
This post was marked as the fix.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...