Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   1902 views

Trade where I squelched someone does not show offers from other users

No data yet

Bug Report

Description

It's the 3rd time I get a notification "User XX commented in trade YY".
I go to trade YY and it doesn't show any comments.
I squelched someone there so I supposed it's related because I haven't seen this happening in other trades.
Description by MadBarbosa

Can be used to make Runewords:

It's the 3rd time I get a notification "User XX commented in trade YY".
I go to trade YY and it doesn't show any comments.
I squelched someone there so I supposed it's related because I haven't seen this happening in other trades.
Fixedby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
@MadBarbosa @Zeroshift @iNevermore @AlphaShift14 @Schaukelente Fixed in patch 1.23.

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Ah so you're still getting notifications for squelched users? I don't think I ever coded in anything to stop that, but it'd make sense.

It's really just a basic tool that hides their comments, I never fully baked it in as a blocking tool, so for the meantime consider this working as intended. Will add it to v1.1 plans.

OP
Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Ah so you're still getting notifications for squelched users? I don't think I ever coded in anything to stop that, but it'd make sense.

It's really just a basic tool that hides their comments, I never fully baked it in as a blocking tool, so for the meantime consider this working as intended. Will add it to v1.1 plans.
Not really, they are regular users I never squelched.
Their comments don't appear in a thread where I squelched someone else.
i have same issue here

userA trolls me in my thread and i had him squelched

userB and userC comments in my thread

unable to see userB and userC posts at all in thread...i know they comment something because of notification alert

EnragedN3wb 179Moderator

PC
Could you guys post some info about your setups(device type, browser, OS, etc.)?

We're trying to collect information to narrow down what the cause might be for squelching one user sometimes causing post from other users to be squelched also, since it seems to only be affecting some users & not others.
OP
EnragedN3wb wrote: 2 years ago
Could you guys post some info about your setups(device type, browser, OS, etc.)?

We're trying to collect information to narrow down what the cause might be for squelching one user sometimes causing post from other users to be squelched also, since it seems to only be affecting some users & not others.
As a 20+ years full stack web developer I can't see how this can be a client side issue.
Anyways, here is the info you request:

PC
Windows 10 Pro 21H1
FF 94.0.x

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
Guys, to clear things up here - it is working as intended that you still get notifications for people who have been squelched.

As it says in the documentation on the squelch page, this is not a full blocking tool - it is just something simple to hide comments in your trades. It is not supposed to be an all out blocking feature, so I never modified the notifications controller to ignore comments from squelched traders in your listings.

Can I change this? Possibly, but it's a bit harder than you might think. It's not client side, it's the backend still generating notifications. Added to list.

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
Guys, to clear things up here - it is working as intended that you still get notifications for people who have been squelched.
Sorry to jump in here, but this is not their concern.

Concern is **other players** who were not squelched are getting their comments hidden along with the squelched user in the same thread.

The notifications are only mentioned as confirmation that **other players** are posting but comments are unable to be seen.

Nevermore#1558 add me for trades

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
@iNevermore ah okay, sorry guys, got it.

Device: PC
Browser: Chrome

Steps to reproduce:

Squelching a player in a trade results to every comments after the squelached player to be invisible .

Squealching a player after OP quoting him on a thread squelches OP as well.

Anything else to add:

Merged with this topic as they seem to be the same issue from PMs.

Add me and send me a message. ;)

Check out my anni listings:
Annis -- trade/annihilus-t863125.html
Device: PC
Browser: Chrome Version 96.0.4664.93

Steps to reproduce:

- trade/druid-diadem-t604924.html shows no posts under my original post (for me at least)
- member/Schaukelente/ shows two answers to the post

Anything else to add:

- note one should be shown for the other post is squelched

Teebling 5763Admin

Europe PC
@MadBarbosa @Zeroshift @iNevermore @AlphaShift14 @Schaukelente Fixed in patch 1.23.
This post was marked as the fix.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...