Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
17 replies   6909 views

Description

Am I crazy, or did anyone notice the IAS frames for
Dragon Talon
and trap laying took a hit after the update? If so, was it intentional or do y'all think it's a bug?

Maybe I'm crazy, but something feels real wonky.
Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

Am I crazy, or did anyone notice the IAS frames for
Dragon Talon
and trap laying took a hit after the update? If so, was it intentional or do y'all think it's a bug?

Maybe I'm crazy, but something feels real wonky.
Answeredby Zelym2 years agoGo to post
Yes, kicks are again capped at 3/3/3/3/7 and traps at 9 frames.

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Yes the IAS cap was "fixed" in the recent update. Extremely annoying because it made melee somewhat viable and made the trap and kicksin way more fun to play. Fireblast spam was awesome.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
This post was marked as the best answer.

BillyMaysed 2185Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Zelym wrote: 2 years ago

I just finished changing my trapsin over to kicksin last night. Exactly how bad is it now compared to before?

Reb 6

Americas PC
All the changes are really annoying for builds, I'd love to see characters get one
Akara
reset back to repec out of things that aren't fun anymore.
Can anyone explain to a new assa(trapsin) what that mens? I think i have 50 ias and lvl at least 10
Burst of Speed
? Im capped max or i need moe?
hiyoudie wrote: 2 years ago
Can anyone explain to a new assa(trapsin) what that mens? I think i have 50 ias and lvl at least 10
Burst of Speed
THIS is the question we need answered! What's the new
Cap
?
More specifically, what's the IAS target number now?
Check with an attack speed calculator, it depends on what weapon you use. With a hoto
Flail
and lvl 10 bos, anything past 7% ias is useless for trap laying speeds (according to one calculator I just checked now).

There is no single IAS target number, depends on weapon speed modifier and level of
Burst of Speed
or
Fanaticism
aura present, etc. Hence why I just use a calculator online...

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
hiyoudie wrote: 2 years ago
Burst of Speed
Illdaren wrote: 2 years ago
More specifically, what's the IAS target number now?
Basically, a
Phase Blade
/
Runic Talons
with lvl4
Burst of Speed
is all you need to reach the speedcap. Any IAS on gear is pointless unless you choose to go
Fade
instead of
Burst of Speed

Illdaren wrote: 2 years ago
I just finished changing my trapsin over to kicksin last night. Exactly how bad is it now compared to before?
You go back from 2 frames per kick (with lvl~10
Burst of Speed
and ~30-50% IAS from gear) to 3 frames, so 50% slower. I simplified a bit because it's slightly more complex but that's the big picture.

BeaverPaw wrote: 2 years ago
Check with an attack speed calculator, it depends on what weapon you use. With a hoto
Flail
and lvl 10 bos, anything past 7% ias is useless for trap laying speeds (according to one calculator I just checked now).
Yeah, I guess HotO is now BiS for trapsin since faster weapons are meaningless and lvl10
Burst of Speed
is easily reachable with a single hard point. Or 2x 3/3/2
Claws
Yeah, I guess HotO is now BiS for trapsin since faster weapons are meaningless and lvl10
Burst of Speed
is easily reachable with a single hard point. Or 2x 3/3/2
Claws
I actually liked how there wasn't one BiS for trapsins with the new ias breakpoints; everything was a tradeoff if you wanted faster ias and had to give up +skills, or resists, or DR, on gear to get it.
... break it to me, guys. Do I continue buying the gear for my riftsin or is it a dead build now?
I'm putting all my kicksin gear on a mule with the hope that one day the change is reverted. But as it is, it's not really worth playing for me.
The assassin is shit tier again boys.

Zelym 123

Paladin Europe PC
MarcWizard wrote: 2 years ago
... break it to me, guys. Do I continue buying the gear for my riftsin or is it a dead build now?
It depends on what you are looking for.
Do you want a fun and different build? Yes. You'll still be able to kill most things in Hell.
Do you want an efficient build? No. Forget it.
Cocix wrote: 2 years ago
The assassin is shit tier again boys.
Going back to maining Necro with tears in my eyes :,( I was just getting off the Ground with my Sin build too. I'll probably convert her into a trapper.
MarcWizard wrote: 2 years ago
It depends on what you are looking for.
Do you want a fun and different build? Yes. You'll still be able to kill most things in Hell.
Do you want an efficient build? No. Forget it.
I have no words to express my frustration at this point. I'm having literal D3 PTSD. I quit playing D3 out of frustration after they nerfed my 5th or 6th build. from Spirit regen monk to cm wiz to cluster sentry DH, they nerfed one build after another until i literally said F this, I'm out. I thought D2 would at least be "set in Stone" and I could invest confidently into gears for builds I wanted to try out. This is a f-ing stab in the f-ing gut and I want to scream but this is just a video game and i need to get a grip but AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Cries in fellow melee (ww druid) Image

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...