Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
5 replies   274 views

Description

Hey there,

I just wanted to start off by saying you have a great resourceful site on hand, it has been fun browsing through the database as a whole refreshing my memories!

While looking around for a centralized community for trading, I decided to give the new trade system on this site a shot. I would more than love to give it a go, but I've noticed the trade section seems to only support singular item listings. While this is better than nothing, this particular system doesn't work too well when a seller has a bunch of things they want to unload. I've been documenting my mules full of uniques and socketables in a notepad file and if I had to list every item on the site one by one, it would not only take ages but continuously flood the front page.

I'm not sure if/how the current system can be changed to accommodate complete trade lists. One thing that came to my mind is I do remember using the trading forums on diabloii.net during the mid-2000s. A separate forum-like section can be made for users to make posts with a longer list of items as opposed to individual item sales.

Just my thoughts, be great to hear what others think.
Aurorae

Can be used to make Runewords:

Hey there,

I just wanted to start off by saying you have a great resourceful site on hand, it has been fun browsing through the database as a whole refreshing my memories!

While looking around for a centralized community for trading, I decided to give the new trade system on this site a shot. I would more than love to give it a go, but I've noticed the trade section seems to only support singular item listings. While this is better than nothing, this particular system doesn't work too well when a seller has a bunch of things they want to unload. I've been documenting my mules full of uniques and socketables in a notepad file and if I had to list every item on the site one by one, it would not only take ages but continuously flood the front page.

I'm not sure if/how the current system can be changed to accommodate complete trade lists. One thing that came to my mind is I do remember using the trading forums on diabloii.net during the mid-2000s. A separate forum-like section can be made for users to make posts with a longer list of items as opposed to individual item sales.

Just my thoughts, be great to hear what others think.
Aurorae
Request fulfilledby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Fixed/feature request fulfilled in v1.0 - see patch notes here.
In addition to the above, if you're searching for an item that is not unique, the search function is basically useless.

For example, I wanted to search for a 40% Enhanced Damage Jewel. There's never going to be an exact match for this item, so we need the ability to search Trade posts with inexact/fuzzy matching.

This is a big issue when trading a LOT of items (rares of any kind, non-unique charms, etc.)

Teebling 6283Admin

Europe PC
Guys,

All your active trades are seen on your profile in one big list - kind of like your shop.

If you were to post a list of items under one trade, no-one would find them as there's nothing to be searched for.
Overhed wrote: 2 years ago
In addition to the above, if you're searching for an item that is not unique, the search function is basically useless.
Completely wrong? You could search 'jewel' or '40% enhanced damage' or '40% ed' and it would match any trades with those
Key
words in the title.
Overhed wrote: 2 years ago
we need the ability to search Trade posts with inexact/fuzzy matching.
There is an advanced keyword search in the works that will also let you search through the content of trades for
Key
words like this.

Please be patient guys geez, this trading section wasn't intended to become so big - it was just a small add-on to the site that I built in one week.

Also would appreciate it if you guys actually read the feedback forums here - this has been posted about multiple times.

It's not a mcdonalds where you come and order whatever you like and expect it instantly - it's just me developing on my own.

Well Teebling, we appreciate the hard work you're doing. This website has become THE go to, for trading. So congrats. It's amazing from a SEO standpoint already.

Guest 0

Completely wrong? You could search 'jewel' or '40% enhanced damage' or '40% ed' and it would match any trades with those
Key
words in the title.
Ah you're right, my bad! It's a little unintuitive because the "instant search" can be a bit slow at times, so I tried searching for Jewel and nothing came up initially. Also, in all fairness, the description text says "Enter the exact name of the item you're looking for...", I would suggest tweaking this description a bit.

Teebling 6283Admin

Europe PC
Fixed/feature request fulfilled in v1.0 - see patch notes here.
This post was marked as the best answer.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...