Description by BillyMaysed

Can be used to make Runewords:

OP
thanks! as I can understend - Griffon is good and 10-20
Ist
is not high price for it.
it's BiS for any lightning character and it basically only drops from hell
Baal
with a crazy bad drop rate (approximately 1:18,000 with 400% MF)
Yeah but what's up with the pricings now. I mean I've seen people paying
Ber
runes for Unid Griffons. I can understand
Lo
for a mid rolled one. Even a
Lo
+
Vex
or
Lo
+
Ohm
for a near perfect one. But a
Ber
for unidentified?
Jah
for a mid rolled Griffons? Something is seriously up with the pricing these last couple of days.

What gives? Have certain "people" finally figured out how to dupe
Ber
runes in D2:RES?????
The item is so rare that some people spend years grinding multiple hours per day and never find it. And at the same time it is BiS for the fastest and most effective content clearer in the game. That's why it is super expensive. And it should be.
It's an Item. It is rare. But it is still an Item. There is no way that it should compare to the rarity of high runes (which are perishable and gone, when used in runewords). In a fixed and closed economy, the price of Griffons should go down, not up. It's baffling.

I'm not necessarily talking about it's rarity. I'm talking about increase of its price, which for some reason is goin up. and up.
"In a fixed and closed economy, the price of Griffons should go down, not up." That would make sense if people who bought them, then traded them, but they almost always keep it as it's BiS. Supply is limited cause you have to wait for people to find new ones, and demand increases over time as people get richer and want better gear, and people make more and more characters over time who want it.
Fulse wrote: 2 years ago
"In a fixed and closed economy, the price of Griffons should go down, not up." That would make sense if people who bought them, then traded them, but they almost always keep it as it's BiS. Supply is limited cause you have to wait for people to find new ones, and demand increases over time as people get richer and want better gear, and people make more and more characters over time who want it.
#fact #truth

Lots of folks are getting richer, and are now looking at min maxing, the demand for these extremely rare drops are attainable now for a larger pool of folks. However, due to the rarity of these drops, it's not able to meet current demands.
Em4gdn1m wrote: 2 years ago
it's BiS for any lightning character and it basically only drops from hell
Baal
with a crazy bad drop rate (approximately 1:18,000 with 400% MF)
BS. I got one from Pindle and you can farm him like a breeze... Griffon is not so rare and the price should not be like that I agree.
Ohm
/
Lo
at the most for a mid one.
OP
I bought 19 14 for 32
Ist
. life is pain....

Ymp 30

Europe PC
Jamezdin wrote: 2 years ago
It's an Item. It is rare. But it is still an Item.
Yes

Check out my almost FREE trade here: trade/and-id-items-for-gems-t1211594.html

NL - SC - PC
I just found this thread today. I have been trying to sell a 20/15 griffons and it is a painful process. After reading this thread maybe it is a blessing I haven't been able to sell it. It sounds like it may be irreplaceable.

I was leveling a javazon and always assumed she isn't viable in hell without Infinity. Is this not the case?

I have tried for days to buy
Ber
to complete an Infinity, but it seems to have went up recently. This is one of the reasons I was trying to sell it. I am not a min maxer honestly.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Fen 92

Amazon Europe PC
She is viable in hell even without Infinity. Tho, the farming areas are restricted.

Prices are negotiable :)
Please DO NOT add me, before I accepted a trade or without comment, thanks! :)
Offers via pm will be ignored.
erikjo wrote: 2 years ago
I just found this thread today. I have been trying to sell a 20/15 griffons and it is a painful process. After reading this thread maybe it is a blessing I haven't been able to sell it. It sounds like it may be irreplaceable.

I was leveling a javazon and always assumed she isn't viable in hell without Infinity. Is this not the case?

Ber
to complete an Infinity, but it seems to have went up recently. This is one of the reasons I was trying to sell it. I am not a min maxer honestly.

Trouble trying to sell it? I'll give you a
Ber
for it right now.
It's an Item. It is rare. But it is still an Item. There is no way that it should compare to the rarity of high runes (which are perishable and gone, when used in runewords). In a fixed and closed economy, the price of Griffons should go down, not up. It's baffling.

I'm not necessarily talking about it's rarity. I'm talking about increase of its price, which for some reason is goin up. and up.
High Runes are much more common than Griffons.
1. It’s useful
2. It’s rare
3. People who really looking for it are those Enigma wearing Infinity wielding rich dudes…

Ber

Perfect items retain their value well and can even increase in value over time. You could potentially sell that
Griffon's Eye
for enough to make Infinity and buy a lower tier Griffon's. But finding buyers can be tricky at that price point. I'd recommend spreading a wide net - i.e., over multiple trading sites to reach biggest audience. Don't be in a rush to sell.

What gives? Have certain "people" finally figured out how to dupe
Ber
runes in D2:RES?????
It seems like this might be the case. That or botters have perfected their operations and managed to
Evade
Blizzard. But there has been odd activity suggesting that people have figured out mass duping methods using server crashses/rollbacks.
To the people saying griffs should be worth
Lo
/
Ohm
for mid tier one don’t understand basic markets. The price is what people are willing to pay. Griffon is rare and useful. I found a
Ber
, several jahs, several surs, and Los. Only seen 1 griffon ever drop in a random
Baal
run. It’s actually nice having items like that to fight inflation of runes. I bought a 16/14 for
Lo
Vex
about a month ago, and sold it for
Lo
Lo
Ohm
after upgrading to a 20/14 one. As people get richer, they want Bis stuff with perfect or close to perfect stars. Not uncommon for 20/14 or 20/13 griffs to go for 2-3.5 bers and 20/15 to go for 5-7
suslik wrote: 2 years ago
I cannot undestend pricing espesially for low Grifon? How it can cost anything?
Please help me with the reason. You can use cheap TL set + 2-3 jewels and you will have -30 lighting resistance and excellent parameters for a very low price...
Excuse me but what is a TL set?

Ber

Depends on what you're using the Amazon for, and what other characters you have, but my lightning sorceress does a lot better with Infinity than my javazon does. My javazon doesn't have
Teleport
(yet), and it's really hard to control where the idiot merc decies to take the
Conviction
aura without having
Teleport
There's also the weird pricing that follows all items that has recently started making a turn. Early on, perfect items, or charms like 3/20/20, etc, were worth a lot less than they are now, simply because more people are just now starting to make the final twinks to their top characters for min/maxing and can afford to make those purchases. While Runes are used up, they are still also heavily used as a monetary system, too.
Ber
and
Jah
are rare runes, but much less rare than Griffons, let alone a perfect stat Griffons. Plus, you can transmute up to make those runes as well, as needed. You aren't going to mix a couple of Circlets together to make a
Diadem
, JS.

Enigma/Infinity are two of the most sought after runewords because of their usefulness (Enigma is good for any non sorc class, Infinity has uses with Sorc, Pally, Zon, Assassin, etc..). Over time, as more and more people get them, the values of those runes will diminish, but with their fall comes the fall of all "basic" gear as well. Only end game equipment is going to maintain it's value for a while, before even it begins to tank it's value.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

No matches
diablo2.io is supported by ads

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation