diablo2.io is supported by ads
11 replies   4130 views

Time of messges in trade is always the same/ inaccurate

No data yet

Bug Report

Description

Device: PC
Browser: FF 94.0.1

Steps to reproduce: When I or someone else answers in one of my trade, the date/time stays the same as the first time I see it. For instance in the attached image I posted the ;essage more than 12h ago. When I come back it still shown as 13min.

Anything else to add:
Description by Teebling

Can be used to make Runewords:

Device: PC
Browser: FF 94.0.1

Steps to reproduce: When I or someone else answers in one of my trade, the date/time stays the same as the first time I see it. For instance in the attached image I posted the ;essage more than 12h ago. When I come back it still shown as 13min.

Anything else to add:
Fixedby Teebling2 years agoGo to post
Bumped posts are now visually distinctive with a blue top-right corner indicator, a 'bumped' label after the post's timestamp, and a 'bumped by X' message in the post's footer. As of 1.37.
Can confirm, post timestamps are broken.

Teebling 6237Admin

Europe PC
Puckey wrote: 2 years ago
They look like they're working fine to me lads... maybe you're confused about what those timestamps are for? They're for the post that was made, not when the topic was listed.

Teebling wrote: 2 years ago
They look like they're working fine to me lads... maybe you're confused about what those timestamps are for? They're for the post that was made, not when the topic was listed.
I am aware that posts are timestamped individually, as per server time at the time of posting. What I'm observing (and I think OP for that matter) is that the timestamps for original posts, i.e. the initial posts with which trades are created, sometimes don't match the actual time of the trade creation. Does the bumping feature just update the timestamp of the OP, as this would explain it?!

Teebling 6237Admin

Europe PC
Does the bumping feature just update the timestamp of the OP, as this would explain it?!
It updates the last post time of the topic among a couple of other things. So if the first post is the last post, then that time will be updated. But it shouldn't change the actual timestamp you see on the first post - that should always stay the same as the time it was listed.

OP is saying that that time never changes - that is the expected, working behaviour.

@Puckey maybe I'm just being a bit dim here - could you post some screenshots demonstrating what you mean? Seems fine to me.

@Teebling Can't find the specific trades anymore sadly. The next time I notice it I will definitely make screenshots though.
I don't know if there is a Pattern to it.

Some things to add though, which I haven't mentioned yet is that I once commented on a trade with an offer in the last couple days and when hours later my offer was quoted, the timestamp on my message (not his/hers) was displaying "x minutes ago".

And just to be on the same page here, does editing the OP update the visible timestamp?

Teebling 6237Admin

Europe PC
And just to be on the same page here, does editing the OP update the visible timestamp?
It shouldn't visibly, no.

It shouldn't visibly, no.
Then I actually have an example for it from one of my own trades. An even weirder one. There is definitely something going on with timestamps.
AP trade shows up as sold 5 days ago, even though I sold it not even an hour ago. Last post shows as 23 hours ago, even though the trade was up for days and I only edited the OP once as well as bumped it a few times.
AP trade shows up as sold 5 days ago, even though I sold it not even an hour ago. Last post shows as 23 hours ago, even though the trade was up for days and I only edited the OP once as well as bumped it a few times.
In the topic itself it properly shows when it was sold but the OP, as mentioned, is timestamped with 23 hours ago.
In the topic itself it properly shows when it was sold but the OP, as mentioned, is timestamped with 23 hours ago.

Teebling 6237Admin

Europe PC
Okay as for the search results - I have identified what the bug is - it's saying 'Sold X days ago' or whatever but the data is actually from the original post time. Just need to update that to pull from sold time and that's that bit sorted.

As for the second one, yeah that's weird that it is changing the timestamp from 5 days to 23 hours ago. I'm guessing 23 hours ago you bumped the trade?

As for the second one, yeah that's weird that it is changing the timestamp from 5 days to 23 hours ago. I'm guessing 23 hours ago you bumped the trade?
Not exactly sure if the time lines up but I edited the post to decrease the price and bumped it at least once yesterday, yes.
That's why I wanted to confirm that edits don't alter the visible timestamp.
@Teebling I did a few tests in the meantime and could narrow it down to the bumping feature. Individual bumps as well as "bump all trades" update the visible timestamp of the OP.

Teebling 6237Admin

Europe PC
Bumped posts are now visually distinctive with a blue top-right corner indicator, a 'bumped' label after the post's timestamp, and a 'bumped by X' message in the post's footer. As of 1.37.
This post was marked as the fix.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...