Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
45 replies   3094 views
Send a private message to this trader, pre-populated with information about this trade.
This trade will expire 2 years ago
Other filters:

Description

Description by tomerva22

Can be used to make Runewords:

xSD wrote: 2 years ago
Tbh I'd likely hold off til something more official gets organized.

This smells funky.
Like what? Define something more official.

Currently taking a break from doing uber services. My old uber service thread: trade/uber-service-for-cheap-price-t331131.html.

Banjo 93

Sorceress Americas PC
FREE_LOOP wrote: 2 years ago

This smells funky.
I don’t think these guys are doing anything shady, I’m sure it’s a lot to organize to put these together. Like I said earlier w/o a guarantee it’s not for me, which I understand isn’t exactly something they can do, but I think this on the level.

wale 65

Druid PC

This smells funky.
site admin/mod being the soj holder would get me a lot more interested. Way too easy for anyone to just walk away with 120 sojs
Banjo wrote: 2 years ago

This smells funky.
I don’t think these guys are doing anything shady, I’m sure it’s a lot to organize to put these together. Like I said earlier w/o a guarantee it’s not for me, which I understand isn’t exactly something they can do, but I think this on the level.
I know. They can't exacly guarantee us anything, we have to take every risk on our own. The only thing we can do is to trust them if we want to do these events. Otherwise it's almost impossible to spawn dclone. I think that also explains why anni is so expensive now.

Currently taking a break from doing uber services. My old uber service thread: trade/uber-service-for-cheap-price-t331131.html.

BillyMaysed 13 Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Ya i think a little bit after v1.0 drops we should organize things for an upcoming Clone Walk that everyone can trust and that all leftover SOJ's will be given back with multiple people verifying quantities and have several people ready to collect extra Anni's for those who aren't able to kill.

wale wrote: 2 years ago

This smells funky.
site admin/mod being the soj holder would get me a lot more interested. Way too easy for anyone to just walk away with 120 sojs
Yeah. I totally understand. That's why anni is so expensive right now. But organizing these events is a lot of effort, and there has never been any event organizer until this one on the website, so it's unlikely that the web admin would organize these events themselves. So we can either trust them and bear the risk of potentially losing 2 soj ourselves, or buy an anni from the trading market for about a
Ber
. Besides even the web admin can walk away with 120 soj and disappear from the website too.

edit: ok I posted obviously not in sight of the mod's post above. Listen to him guys.

wale 65

Druid PC
Yeah, even though I personally wouldn't pay 2 SOJs for a private-run Clone walk, I don't think it's a bad choice universally. As a plug for the OP, keep in mind that while you are taking a risk by participating, a unid anni goes for like 3 sojs? Which would mean you're making a 50% ROI on your 2 soj entry fee. Pretty good and arguably proportional to the risk.

BillyMaysed 13 Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Besides even the web admin can walk away with 120 soj and disappear from the website too.
This genuinely made me laugh out loud. xD. I can assure you none of the mod team or Teebling have any interest in stealing anyone's digital game items. We are all casual players with real jobs and just have a passion for D2 as a hobby because we love this game. :D

Besides, the D2io community is extremely friendly and welcoming. The last thing anyone wants to do is tarnish that reputation we've started.
Yeah, even though I personally wouldn't pay 2 SOJs for a private-run Clone walk
So you think 2 is too much or just too much for you atm? lol. If we can get enough attention through an official type walk, possibly wouldn't have to be 2?

wale 65

Druid PC
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago
Besides even the web admin can walk away with 120 soj and disappear from the website too.
This genuinely made me laugh out loud. xD. I can assure you none of the mod team or Teebling have any interest in stealing anyone's digital game items. We are all casual players with real jobs and just have a passion for D2 as a hobby because we love this game. :D

Besides, the D2io community is extremely friendly and welcoming. The last thing anyone wants to do is tarnish that reputation we've started.
Yeah, even though I personally wouldn't pay 2 SOJs for a private-run Clone walk
So you think 2 is too much or just too much for you atm? lol. If we can get enough attention through an official type walk, possibly wouldn't have to be 2?
2 is too much "for me" when factoring in the risk of me not being "guaranteed" an anni for my entry fee: some x% due to my incompetence with finding the right ip, y% the risk of the organizer running away with the sojs, z% organizer doesn't do it right (I think it's possible for dclone to not spawn if you try to do a clone walk at the same time as another private group or something? like there is a cooldown period between annis? idk), among other "unknown unknowns" that are generally associated with doing something for the first time.

An official dclone walk organized by the d2.
Io
admins would significantly reduce the aforementioned "y" and "z" risks, such that I would in fact be willing to pay 2 sojs in that scenario (assuming anni prices stay at ~3 sojs).

You guys could also cast a wide net and make the entry fee 1 soj :) just saying~~~ I find it very unlikely you can't
Attract
120 site users haha
BillyMaysed wrote: 2 years ago

I know xD. That's why we trust you guys more than anyone else. Just pointing that out. Glad it made you laugh though.

Banjo 93

Sorceress Americas PC
That would be hilarious if D2.
Io
was just an insanely elaborate ruse to get 120 soj’s. I wouldn’t even be mad, that’s like evil genius level plotting. Some one should investigate this.

BillyMaysed 13 Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
That would be hilarious if D2.
Io
was just an insanely elaborate ruse to get 120 soj’s
Considering how many page views we are getting, the Ads are making more than 120 sojs. lmao

Banjo 93

Sorceress Americas PC
I was completely joking if that wasn’t clear. I know 100% with how much growth this site has had that’s not the case, it just struck me as amusing that someone even considered that.

BillyMaysed 13 Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
I was completely joking if that wasn’t clear. I know 100% with how much growth this site has had that’s not the case, it just struck me as amusing that someone even considered that.
hey theres a ton of scams going on, so id believe a site would pop up and do that too. it aint even crazy. lol

xSD 6

Barbarian Americas PC

This smells funky.
Me working with the Mods/Admins to come up with an actual official one for the people in the community with a better plan to help guarantee participants if not an Anni, at least not losing their SoJs.

This in addition to utilizing some of my own currency to help facilitate finding lobbies, incentivizing people without SoJs to help with UNID Torches, and then coming up with a definitive plan on what to do with rolling SoJs over.

I'm in the discord and there's a LOT of people getting ready to put up 2 SoJs. I wouldnt. Especially because the IP method he's using to hunt has been adjusted and is much less consistent than what it previously had been. 4 Walks failed last night trying to hit the same server.

This is a smash and grab.
So the clone doesn't walk on all the games in the same IP now?
Me working with the Mods/Admins to come up with an actual official one for the people in the community with a better plan to help guarantee participants if not an Anni, at least not losing their SoJs.

This in addition to utilizing some of my own currency to help facilitate finding lobbies, incentivizing people without SoJs to help with UNID Torches, and then coming up with a definitive plan on what to do with rolling SoJs over.

I'm in the discord and there's a LOT of people getting ready to put up 2 SoJs. I wouldnt. Especially because the IP method he's using to hunt has been adjusted and is much less consistent than what it previously had been. 4 Walks failed last night trying to hit the same server.

well first of all, shouting out to all the work you've done. I would like a more official dclone walk too if that's possible.

and what do you mean it's adjusted? I just hunted my personal anni 2 days ago using IP method.

xSD 6

Barbarian Americas PC
Rasalom wrote: 2 years ago
So the clone doesn't walk on all the games in the same IP now?
It does walk on all games on the same IP, but finding that specific IP got made a bit harder

well first of all, shouting out to all the work you've done. I would like a more official dclone walk too if that's possible.

and what do you mean it's adjusted? I just hunted my personal anni 2 days ago using IP method.
Yeah just figured since there was a pretty definitive interest, I'd rather ensure we could get something moderately legitimate.

And the tunnelbear via germany to connect to asia method became more inconsistent. Blizzard patched the EU subnet to include a wider range of IPs that will now also include all of India.

This happened midway through one of the Tuesday walks iirc. People are still debating best method now, but its looking like IP blocking on NA, or doing a IP submission pool for TunnelbearG->A in order to find a better range.
Yeah just figured since there was a pretty definitive interest, I'd rather ensure we could get something moderately legitimate.

And the tunnelbear via germany to connect to asia method became more inconsistent. Blizzard patched the EU subnet to include a wider range of IPs that will now also include all of India.

This happened midway through one of the Tuesday walks iirc. People are still debating best method now, but its looking like IP blocking on NA, or doing a IP submission pool for TunnelbearG->A in order to find a better range.
By IP method you mean blocking ip range by firewall right? I'm not quite following you on this.

xSD 6

Barbarian Americas PC

By IP method you mean blocking ip range by firewall right? I'm not quite following you on this.
Correct. You basically block an entire range of IPs via windows
Fire Wall
so that you can restrict the matches you might hit.

Copy-paste message

Useful when contacting traders outside of diablo2.io. Click the box to copy to your clipboard.

Hello. Saw your trade at https://diablo2.io/trade/diablo-clone-walk-14-11-sunday-19-30-gmt-2-t433159.html. Is this still available?

Prices for this item

Prices from the database:

Recent (3d) Historical

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...

Watchers

No users watching this Trade

No matches

Value:
Hide ads forever by supporting the site with a donation.

Greetings adblocker...

Warriv asks that you consider disabling your adblocker when using diablo2.io

Ad revenue helps keep the servers going and supports me, the site's creator :)

A one-time donation hides all ads, forever:
Make a donation