Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   9043 views

Description

For me honestly one of the best changes will be that characters no longer expire. I can't count how many times I took a break for a few months to come back to all my toons and items deleted! Progression will feel more meaningful now that we won't lose our stuff.

Can be used to make Runewords:

For me honestly one of the best changes will be that characters no longer expire. I can't count how many times I took a break for a few months to come back to all my toons and items deleted! Progression will feel more meaningful now that we won't lose our stuff.

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Shared stash. No more waiting & hoping for a game to perm so I drop items on the Ground and hope they're still there when I hope on the mule.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood

Deleted User 617 0

Shared stash and that HD garlic in act 2.

Dzik 49

Assassin Americas PC
Increased protection against botting, it's one of the reasons I chose to play PD2 instead of vanilla D2. There is no way they will be able to eliminate all bots, but any progress on this matter I see as a win.

Cotea 14

PC
Shared Stash, No Character deletion and upgraded graphics!!!

Stormlash 340Moderator

Paladin Europe PC
Hackin' n' Bottin' aside, Shared Stash.

Hopefully the lack of 'Realm Down'

Beardozer 436Moderator

Sorceress Americas PC
Lmao I forgot about the upgraded graphics. Normally I like the classic art style best, but the graphics in D2 were just low enough resolution that I spent a lot of time using my imagination to fill in the blanks. It's going to be really cool to see what the HD stuff looks like.

diablo2.io janitor | Odunga Brotherhood
OP
Yeah the game looks amazing, but there will definitely be some missing charm from the old sprites/frame rate. Guess at least we can still toggle back to old style when we are feeling nostalgic.
The New Battle net mainly, Diablo II has remained a very playable game throughout the years but the battle net system was showing signs of age back when it was new.

This is a much needed refresh of technology to combat a myriad of issues currently plaguing diablo II.
all
The end of the "Game is Full" glitch and hopefully some better game searching feature.

Tavron 132

Paladin Europe PC
As many have said, reduction of hacking and botting ofc. But besides that I actually think the new graphics.

"Seven Evils spawned of seven heads. Seven realms birthed from Death."
OP
I read that using a VPN will no longer be an issue. I’ve been temp banned in the past by simply forgetting to turn off my VPN before logging in to D2, so that’s nice.
Not really a change but I am most excited for the breath of new life that brought me back to where I started.

It lasted for 20 years, heres to another 20.
I'm mostly looking forward to finally be able to play D2 online without 90% of the userbase using bots. I'd still play the original D2 on battle.net but the bot-inflated economy ruins it for me. I know there's mods that kind of make this possible, but I've always felt it a bit like cheating to play modded games online. It's not authentic and it doesn't feel as good.

Also, the new graphics look amazing ofc. Can't wait to delve into
The Countess
' tower and witness all the horrors in modern graphics...

Deleted User 632 0

i'm mostly looking forward to a bigger population.
and hopefully better cheat protection and better server connection.
Graphics upgrade / Resolution / Fullscreen support-Widescreen / All upgrades associated and possibly taken from Plugy Singleplayer Mod for D2:LOD!!!

G. dp C.
Less Bots hopefully,
Revitalize community,
An amazing site like this one,
New graphics,
Nostalgia with old friends,
Playing the game as it was intended (...)
Shared stash, and the improved graphics.

Personal Project:
Mythril.io - Platform that allows users to track, discover, review, recommend and discuss video games.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...