Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
3260 replies   463123 views

Uber Diablo occurrence record keeping (Softcore Non-Ladder)

No data yet

Description

Description by Bisu

Can be used to make Runewords:

Trubbs wrote: 2 years ago
Damn. I left my character in a private game overnight but when I checked this morning I was disconnected from the server. Anyone have any ideas on how to avoid getting disconnected while afk for extended periods of time?
That's odd, i've left my guy standing in town for 2 days and never got disconnected, maybe your internet connection had a glitch?

Please post a trade offer before sending me a friend request.
I'm in the PST time zone, typically available anywhere from 7am to 10pm
OP

Bisu 369

PC
Felsbestie wrote: 2 years ago
Walk on Asia took place approximately 20th April 3 pm CEST. The change from Step 5 to 6 was really fast, happened in 2 minutes or something.
Thanks for adding the details. I've updated the main post according to your description. =)
zippyzon wrote: 2 years ago
Damn. I left my character in a private game overnight but when I checked this morning I was disconnected from the server. Anyone have any ideas on how to avoid getting disconnected while afk for extended periods of time?
That's odd, i've left my guy standing in town for 2 days and never got disconnected, maybe your internet connection had a glitch?
I did the same. I've left them standing in town overnight before on NA. I did that tonight on Asia to get the walk and today I found it disconnected. Very strange, and annoying...

Always open to offers, even if they seem 'too low' ;)
Typically available most days from 5-11pm EST.

Send a message or whisper (Bnet: SkyrateStorm#1548 ) to secure trades faster.
And please be sure to leave Trust after each transaction.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Well, the occasional disconnect is part of the game.
Be that because your ISP crapped out on you or because Blizz took the realm down again for whatever reason (as they did 2 nights ago).

But generally speaking, you don't time out and can just sit there waiting.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
FYI:
Whomever just set Asia to 5 was trolling (corrected).

Europe did just hit 3 though.
SkyrateStorm wrote: 2 years ago
zippyzon wrote: 2 years ago
I did the same. I've left them standing in town overnight before on NA. I did that tonight on Asia to get the walk and today I found it disconnected. Very strange, and annoying...
I had the same. I assume that this is Asia server problem
And finally Europe made it! Walk happend around 21st April 12:50 pm CEST. I haven't seen the final progress, but I think change from 3 to 6 happened in less than an hour.
And finally Europe made it! Walk happend around 21th April 12:50 pm CEST. I haven't seen the final progress, but I think change from 3 to 6 happened in less than an hour.
Next one missed…
My game crashed right when it appeared, I can't catch a break with dclone.
And finally Europe made it! Walk happend around 21th April 12:50 pm CEST. I haven't seen the final progress, but I think change from 3 to 6 happened in less than an hour.
It reached 3/6 around 12 hours ago. Then went from 4 to 6 in less than one minute.
Trolleblanca wrote: 2 years ago
It reached 3/6 around 12 hours ago. Then went from 4 to 6 in less than one minute.
Maybe in an effort to limit how many people would be on the server when it happened?
..... That new system does not change a thing. I assume the tracker will always jump to 6, since peaople will trigger the event at once, not slowly. So its pointless to try to wait for 4/6, 5/6....
And finally Europe made it! Walk happend around 21st April 12:50 pm CEST. I haven't seen the final progress, but I think change from 3 to 6 happened in less than an hour.
Missed it again!!
Katonda wrote: 2 years ago
Trolleblanca wrote: 2 years ago
Maybe in an effort to limit how many people would be on the server when it happened?
That's what I thought, too. Night time in America, and not a typical time to be playing in Europe either. I've been playing for a couple of months only and I'm not very experienced, though, so I don't really know. I've been quite lucky to catch the last two events -my first two, as well-.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
beherith wrote: 2 years ago
..... That new system does not change a thing. I assume the tracker will always jump to 6, since peaople will trigger the event at once, not slowly. So its pointless to try to wait for 4/6, 5/6....
Not true. Most of the runs so far took a decent amount of time from at least 4 to 6. Sometimes even 5 to 6 took a while.

This one was exceptionally fast though. I quit my game when it hit 4, updated the tracker to 4 while creating a solo game and by the time that loaded i already saw the message for 5 and 6 very shortly thereafter. From 4 to spawn was not even 30 seconds.

Did get 5 Annis out of this one though :)
Lil_Krot wrote: 2 years ago
Missed it again!!
Same here, yep seems this new system is still useless for most common people, unless you are a nerd or a unemployed person which is sitting h24 in front of his monitor I guess..
Maybe next time !

Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and.. have a look at my shop ! --> member/tAnK/
tAnK wrote: 2 years ago
Lil_Krot wrote: 2 years ago
Missed it again!!
Same here, yep seems this new system is still useless for most common people, unless you are a nerd or a unemployed person which is sitting h24 in front of his monitor I guess..
Maybe next time !
I thought everyone who played D2 was a nerd.. xD

Seriously though, just leave it idling overnight on low graphics if it's @ 3/6 or higher. I'm able to do that with a 2012 laptop no problem. Fan doesn't even kick on. Woke up to a free Anni this morning (thanks Europe).

When I'm not slaying demons, I'm usually out hiking mountains.
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Can it be done multiple times during one walk if you are fast enough or did you have multiple games running simultaneously?

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
Ain't nothing wrong with being a nerd!

And yeah, anyone could just sit idle and wait to ensure at least one Anni out of it (not counting random disconnects).

Beyond that, it is merely a matter of luck/timing. After all, the times so far have varied significantly.

Today for example sucked for most Euros as it was the middle of the work day. One of the earlier US walks though was mid to late evening Euro time which (generalizing) would've been perfect for those same people.

Similarly, today's timing was late evening for most of Asia and the Americas had their evening runs already as well.

Its not like you need to plan your entire day around weird mismatching times. You merely need to pay attention to tracker progress and make sure you're on the right region when it hits but that is open to everyone (albeit admittedly annoying to have to shift to a cross-ocean lag-fest just for that).

Though yeah, if you only play 20 minutes a week then you probably won't see one for a very, very long time. But that's to be expected and perfectly normal.

Schnorki 3195Moderator

PC
beherith wrote: 2 years ago
Schnorki wrote: 2 years ago
Can it be done multiple times during one walk if you are fast enough or did you have multiple games running simultaneously?
You can only create one game yourself (per account). But he spawns in all current games, including all of the public ones so...free hunting there. Though you do race about 230942094029 other smiters for it in those. Oddly, that's become my new favorite part of the whole thing. Racing others for him is surprisingly fun!

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...