Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
23 replies   6294 views

Description

So I finally made a Tesladin (thanks to my new friend @Aegis200 for selling me that
Jah
), and I have a few questions for the Tesladin Veterans here:

- Is Grief really better than Crescent Moon? I feel like outside of bosses and light immunes, Crescent Moon has been way better because the 35% extra AoE damage melts everything

- Is attack rating irrelevant now, since both Grief and CM have Ignore Target Defense? I still feel like my
Zeal
misses more than 5% of the time though.

- What is the best armor? I borrowed the Engima from my main, but I'm thinking about making a Fortitude.
Teleport
bleeds my mana super fast and I cast super slow. Might as well just
Charge
and
Vigor
if I need to get somewhere fast? I guess I could also try wearing
Griswold's Heart
with 3x Lighting RBF, but then again with any of these options I lose the huge MF buff from Enigma.

- Is this char good for farming? Without
Shako
and dual-
Ist
Alibaba, my MF is a laughable 150% (bulk of it from
Gheed
's and borrowed Enigma), whereas I can run 526% mf on Hammerdin and still easily solo Chaos and
Baal
pretty fast. I guess if I fill with 7% mf charms and just try to max out the
Holy Shock
AoE?

Can be used to make Runewords:

So I finally made a Tesladin (thanks to my new friend @Aegis200 for selling me that
Jah

- Is Grief really better than Crescent Moon? I feel like outside of bosses and light immunes, Crescent Moon has been way better because the 35% extra AoE damage melts everything

- Is attack rating irrelevant now, since both Grief and CM have Ignore Target Defense? I still feel like my
Zeal
misses more than 5% of the time though.

- What is the best armor? I borrowed the Engima from my main, but I'm thinking about making a Fortitude.
Teleport
bleeds my mana super fast and I cast super slow. Might as well just
Charge
and
Vigor
if I need to get somewhere fast? I guess I could also try wearing
Griswold's Heart
with 3x Lighting RBF, but then again with any of these options I lose the huge MF buff from Enigma.

- Is this char good for farming? Without
Shako
and dual-
Ist
Alibaba, my MF is a laughable 150% (bulk of it from
Gheed
's and borrowed Enigma), whereas I can run 526% mf on Hammerdin and still easily solo Chaos and
Baal
pretty fast. I guess if I fill with 7% mf charms and just try to max out the
Holy Shock
AoE?
sonnytai331 wrote: 2 years ago
Jah

- What is the best armor?
I have some similar questions…
I’m currently using Grief and might try Crescent Moon. Does it increase the shock damage if you already have max
Conviction
? I would really like to increase my damage somehow. Maybe 5/5 light facets? In a 5s
Scepter
? Or in Gris armor?

Fortitude or COH? Do the skills from COH boost damage at all or just need less hard points into
Conviction
for max so you can put them elsewhere?
OP
I think Crescent Moon is better than Grief for this IMO. I have both and I only switch to Grief for light immunes.
Would Crescent Moon in a
Berserker Axe
make more sense than a
Phase Blade
for the ED%? Or no because you don't really care about the dmg from the runeword, just the procs of
Static Field
?

Please visit mythicalpegasus' store for more trades!

Paladin Gear: Pre 2.4 drop - Auradin/Tesladin

Check out some of my highlights so far in D2R :)
OP
I’m guessing berserker ace would be better. Good call - I’m going to make one 😋

Also an
Um
is cheap enough that I guess you can also just make them
Eth
I guess if you want to switch to Fortitude Grief is quite better. Even though it doesn't display its damage on character stats, even with only Enigma physical damage is almost equal to the lightning damage you do. it would be something like 35k light damage and 35k physical (if you have max /ar charms in your inventory ofc). By equiping Fortitude physical damage should be higher than lightning, like 45k. If you compare it with like 8k physical damage with Crescent Moon, you get the point. The only good thing with Crescent Moon is as you said more aura damage, but keep in mind that with a Grief you will leech way more mana and life with
Zeal
. And last point Crescent Moon starts to get better lightning damage on lightning immunes, because with a lvl 25
Conviction
you already got -150all res, basically nullifying lightning res from non light immunes. In the end you trade 30k+ physical damage for a
Static Field
proc.
OP
Raydenne wrote: 2 years ago
I guess if you want to switch to Fortitude Grief is quite better. Even though it doesn't display its damage on character stats, even with only Enigma physical damage is almost equal to the lightning damage you do. it would be something like 35k light damage and 35k physical (if you have max /ar charms in your inventory ofc). By equiping Fortitude physical damage should be higher than lightning, like 45k. If you compare it with like 8k physical damage with Crescent Moon, you get the point. The only good thing with Crescent Moon is as you said more aura damage, but keep in mind that with a Grief you will leech way more mana and life with
Zeal
. And last point Crescent Moon starts to get better lightning damage on lightning immunes, because with a lvl 25
Conviction
you already got -150all res, basically nullifying lightning res from non light immunes. In the end you trade 30k+ physical damage for a
Static Field
proc.
Appreciate the theorycrafting, but I got bored of my Hammerdin and I main Tesladin now, and at least in Players 1, Crescent Moon is way better.

You can basically walk around and mobs just evaporate with minimal effort because of the -35% lightning res.

With Grief you have to go and physically click on every mob because your aura is much weaker.

I see your point on higher player levels though. I usually just play on 1.
Just on a side note, as I saw people are even wearing 3 piece
Tal Rasha
(ugly don't do that).
I go with highlord and lay on hands so i don't need fana aura from a1 merc (and save
Jah
and
Ohm
runes) and honestly as far as attack speed goes it's quite maxed. Rest is a
Raven
a dual leech ring wartrav and
String of Ears
. Can switch to Enigma and go for
Arachnid Mesh
and Spirit on switch if I want to fly around zones. My merc is an a2 might merc with reaper's toll, so yes without that physical damage is a little lower. But yes maybe you can kill light immunes faster with Crescent Moon aura, no doubt, I'm just a zealot dreamer that doesn"t let live mobs for more than 2 secs hehe ;)
Zeal
Conviction
Static Field
proc.
Appreciate the theorycrafting, but I got bored of my Hammerdin and I main Tesladin now, and at least in Players 1, Crescent Moon is way better.

You can basically walk around and mobs just evaporate with minimal effort because of the -35% lightning res.

With Grief you have to go and physically click on every mob because your aura is much weaker.

Are you running with
Conviction
aura? If you are and it's -100% to resist all or greater Crescent Moon is not adding anything since the lowest a monster's resistance can go (who does not have any resists at all innately) is 100%. So might as well have a Grief or Last Wish and be able to deal with immunes without switching. But it's up to you, Tesladin has a lot of leeway for gear setups.

Also, -% to enemy resistance on gear will work 100% effective to broken and/or non-immune monsters, but will not add to go over -100% to enemy resist.
Conviction
will work at 20% efficiency against immune monsters (100% or greater), if that is enough to break an immunity then -to enemy lightning rests will work 100% efficient.
Lightning enchanted, Magic resistant, and Spectral hit will add a % to their resist on top of Lightning Immune which are +75% Lightning Resist, +75% Lightning Resist+40% to Fire, Cold and Lightning Resist, and +20% to Fire, Cold and Lightning Resist, respectively.

With all of that known, it's easier and quicker to just have a Grief equipped to one or two shot immunes since Crescent Moon won't be doing much. And if Crescent Moon actually is doing something the
Holy Shock
will just be chipping away at them so might as well melee them.

But at the end of the day do what you like, bro. You can min/max things but since you play on P1 most of the times anyway it doesn't really matter. Just have fun :)
I'm running lvl 25
Conviction
aura, and yes I don't really enjoy Crescent Moon except for pvp. Currently testing Dragon/Hand of Justice to get a second fire aura, and right now it's even better aura damage than with Crescent Moon, but I have to sometimes pot because I leech way less mana and life compared to Grief/Fortitude. But since next patch will buff the fire aura, which is really needed, it will get better for sure.
I'm running lvl 25
Conviction
aura, and yes I don't really enjoy Crescent Moon except for pvp. Currently testing Dragon/Hand of Justice to get a second fire aura, and right now it's even better aura damage than with Crescent Moon, but I have to sometimes pot because I leech way less mana and life compared to Grief/Fortitude. But since next patch will buff the fire aura, which is really needed, it will get better for sure.
I'm working towards a HoJ and Dragon to compliment the dual Dream. Do you find that you can just walk around and things melt twice as fast (Players 1)? I really want to find out if this build can farm while just walking around lol

Well you will always currently let mobs live for 3-5 sec on average to kill them. So when the screen is crowdy yes aura damage matters, but not to the point that you don't have to
Zeal
anymore. Gonna try it on ptr if I can in a few days to see if I get rid of Dragon/Hand of Justice or not. As it stands now, fire aura is around 19k dps with 5+ attack per second from
Zeal
, so in the end Grief/Fortitude is a better alternative for
Zeal
only. For aura damage, well at least on light immunes they tend to die quicker than with Crescent Moon.
Edit: To be clear the fire aura is almost half the damage of lightning aura, that's why I said it was necessary to buff it. The question now is how it will scale with the next patch's buff.
Ah okay, well I'm hoping in 2.4 that a maximum lazy build where you require to only move around will be viable.

Another fun build I thought I'd like to try when the patch drops is a Flickering Flame, Hand of Justice, and Dual Dragon (Body/Off Hand) lol

Xanhast wrote: 2 years ago
Zeal
Conviction
Static Field
proc.

Are you running with
Conviction
aura? If you are and it's -100% to resist all or greater Crescent Moon is not adding anything since the lowest a monster's resistance can go (who does not have any resists at all innately) is 100%. So might as well have a Grief or Last Wish and be able to deal with immunes without switching. But it's up to you, Tesladin has a lot of leeway for gear setups.

Also, -% to enemy resistance on gear will work 100% effective to broken and/or non-immune monsters, but will not add to go over -100% to enemy resist.
Conviction
will work at 20% efficiency against immune monsters (100% or greater), if that is enough to break an immunity then -to enemy lightning rests will work 100% efficient.
Lightning enchanted, Magic resistant, and Spectral hit will add a % to their resist on top of Lightning Immune which are +75% Lightning Resist, +75% Lightning Resist+40% to Fire, Cold and Lightning Resist, and +20% to Fire, Cold and Lightning Resist, respectively.

With all of that known, it's easier and quicker to just have a Grief equipped to one or two shot immunes since Crescent Moon won't be doing much. And if Crescent Moon actually is doing something the
Holy Shock

But at the end of the day do what you like, bro. You can min/max things but since you play on P1 most of the times anyway it doesn't really matter. Just have fun :)
Do Light facets buff
Holy Shock
? what about faceting a runemaster with 5 5/5 facets?
mythicalpegasus wrote: 2 years ago
Ah okay, well I'm hoping in 2.4 that a maximum lazy build where you require to only move around will be viable.

Another fun build I thought I'd like to try when the patch drops is a Flickering Flame, Hand of Justice, and Dual Dragon (Body/Off Hand) lol
Really don't know what kind of damage a triple fire aura will do, but I can tell you that having 2 elements+physical damage kill immunes of any kind in a few swings. Because the main thing if you try this will be the fire immunes, and they are more common than light immunes and some don't drop their immunity even with lvl 25
Conviction
and the -20% fire res from Hand of Justice. Pit lords in
Chaos Sanctuary
are still immune to that.
Azer-Archon wrote: 2 years ago
Xanhast wrote: 2 years ago

Are you running with
Conviction

Conviction

Holy Shock

Do Light facets buff
Holy Shock
? what about faceting a runemaster with 5 5/5 facets?
Well I'm pretty sure they will work like Crescent Moon does. You will gain 25% lightning damage and give away -10% light resist, with a harder hitting weapon, but most likely slower than a
Phase Blade
To the original poster, if you just want to walk around, with a tesla build, then you won't
Zeal
much so you are right, Crescent Moon is a good thing because you can most likely blow the lightning immune faster and having max
Holy Shock
damage on mobs that have let's say between 150-185 lightning res. That's why I love Crescent Moon in pvp because most players in hell are at least capped at 175 light res or sometimes even more. It helps a lot because there are not much targets you can
Zeal
, (thinking smiters locking you, mindblast from assa with Enigma...). In the end when you are more charging around than charging directly at your opponent you do your damage almost always with the aura.
Ok after tests in
Chaos Sanctuary
, undeads dies in one tick of fire aura +lightning aura when you are close, and on player 1 (with hoj/Dragon and dual dreams).
But for the light immunes and fire immunes it's slower. The fire aura does around 3k5 per swing, so with 5+ swing a sec granted you lower the resist to -100% it's roughly 35k fire dps, which is quite great tbh :) Don't really know the damage of the fire aura alone, it's not displayed anywhere, but at close range things gets killed quite fast if they have no immunities.
I would say it's definitively a good investment compared to Grief/Fortitude, more precisely for aura damage and damage diversity. On the other hand, if you go Grief/Enigma you will do less damage than those previous setups but you will keep a good way to be more versatile, because the fire aura version needs you to spec into one more synergy and on top of that you're only able to
Charge
and not tele anymore. And since those 20 points into fire synergies are mandatory for hoj/Dragon, well in the end you can't max
Zeal
and
Zeal
synergy, and you'll most likely have less points into
Holy Shield
. All in all it's great that way, each setup of aura/tesladin will have it's own advantage :)
PS: poping hydras is cool with Dragon ^^

xSD 143

Barbarian Americas PC
I swapped my Grief out for the a 1% off perfect cmoon and I couldn't be happier.

The
Chain Lightning
+static procs are so nice, then combine it with the -light res its imo the best in slot PvM weapon. I only ever swap it out for Uber trist to hit my 100%
Smite
CB.

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...