Search the database
Search forum topics
Search members
Search for trades
diablo2.io is supported by ads
diablo2.io is supported by ads
44 replies   8456 views

Description

It's time for some D2R first world problems! I have some spare Wealth on non-Ladder and I don't know what to do with it. Specifically 2x
Ohm
, 2x
Lo
, 2x
Ber
, 1x
Jah
, 1x
Cham
. I've got all the
Key
things like Enigma and Infinity, could make more of these of course but that feels like a waste when I could experiment with something new... Hence, coming to you for inspiration! Not answers, I know I am the only one who can ultimately decide, but inspiration. :)

Ultimately, I'm looking for something fun and a bit different but viable, nothing so niche that it's super inefficient. Don't really care about mf, I have plenty of chars for that, just something fun that can clear most areas in decent speed. I am not really interested in "perfecting" any of my current chars since I don't have enough Wealth to go mad on the hunt for perfect charms and they're mostly perfectly good enough, though I do miss some
Key
items for some of them such as D Web, which could be an option. In general I'm not a min/max type though and prefer variety. I'd be happy to respec one of my current builds or start an entirely new char!

Builds I have:
Lightning Fury
Java (BiS gear)
FoH Pally (BiS gear)
Physical bowa (basically BiS gear but
Windforce
only, I haven't ever made a Faith...)
Fire bowa (BiS gear)
Poison necro (no D Web!)
Frenzy
barb (BiS gear)
Whirlwind
barb (BiS gear)
Wearbear/Zoo druid hybrid (definitely not BiS gear)
Riftsin (BiS gear)
Frozen Orb
/
Hydra
sorc (definitely not BiS gear)

Other builds I have tried:
Hammerdin
Holy Freeze
Zealot (although I had no gear when I tried that)
Smiter
Fire sorc
Throw barb
Trapsin
Fire druid

What are some of your favourite builds? Any crazy builds that you've particularly enjoyed? Any different play styles that I have't tried?

I've thought about a few options but being indecisive: melee/bear sorc, but might still be out of budget; some sort of auradin, but worry it might be quite boring and potentially still out of budget; getting a d web and perfecting that necro; switching from
Lightning Fury
to an Infinity Spearzon to wreck Ubers (currently just use the
Frenzy
barb); making a Faith just because. I don't feel like I've ever found a necro or druid setup that I've fully enjoyed, could explore them further.

Anyway, sorry for wall of text, feel free to ignore me. :D
Description by Janet the Java

Can be used to make Runewords:

It's time for some D2R first world problems! I have some spare Wealth on non-Ladder and I don't know what to do with it. Specifically 2x
Ohm
, 2x
Lo
, 2x
Ber
, 1x
Jah
, 1x
Cham
. I've got all the
Key
things like Enigma and Infinity, could make more of these of course but that feels like a waste when I could experiment with something new... Hence, coming to you for inspiration! Not answers, I know I am the only one who can ultimately decide, but inspiration. :)

Ultimately, I'm looking for something fun and a bit different but viable, nothing so niche that it's super inefficient. Don't really care about mf, I have plenty of chars for that, just something fun that can clear most areas in decent speed. I am not really interested in "perfecting" any of my current chars since I don't have enough Wealth to go mad on the hunt for perfect charms and they're mostly perfectly good enough, though I do miss some
Key
items for some of them such as D Web, which could be an option. In general I'm not a min/max type though and prefer variety. I'd be happy to respec one of my current builds or start an entirely new char!

Builds I have:
Lightning Fury
Java (BiS gear)
FoH Pally (BiS gear)
Physical bowa (basically BiS gear but
Windforce
only, I haven't ever made a Faith...)
Fire bowa (BiS gear)
Poison necro (no D Web!)
Frenzy
barb (BiS gear)
Whirlwind
barb (BiS gear)
Wearbear/Zoo druid hybrid (definitely not BiS gear)
Riftsin (BiS gear)
Frozen Orb
/
Hydra
sorc (definitely not BiS gear)

Other builds I have tried:
Hammerdin
Holy Freeze
Zealot (although I had no gear when I tried that)
Smiter
Fire sorc
Throw barb
Trapsin
Fire druid

What are some of your favourite builds? Any crazy builds that you've particularly enjoyed? Any different play styles that I have't tried?

I've thought about a few options but being indecisive: melee/bear sorc, but might still be out of budget; some sort of auradin, but worry it might be quite boring and potentially still out of budget; getting a d web and perfecting that necro; switching from
Lightning Fury
to an Infinity Spearzon to wreck Ubers (currently just use the
Frenzy
barb); making a Faith just because. I don't feel like I've ever found a necro or druid setup that I've fully enjoyed, could explore them further.

Anyway, sorry for wall of text, feel free to ignore me. :D

PC | PSN | Switch | Europe | UTC + 0
All trades are PC, PSN or Switch!
All trades will be conducted with a cup of tea.
Offering a free cross platform trading service!
I really like the tornadostormer. Lots of fun and bis gear rather cheap. He can solo hell and clear cs pretty fast, but needs help on p8.
Oh and don‘t try Uberdiablo with him. Just don‘t.

Necrarch 1659Moderator

Necromancer Europe PC
I am a big fan of Bone necro with a bit of summon myself, so can always vouch for this.

If you're looking at more original stuff, have you tried the
Demon Machine
+
Enchant
based fire sorc ?

Main: Necromancer / Second: Assassin / Third: Amazon / Check my stash and my crafts including my caster belts :), and my many cheap
Annihilus
/ Accepting payment in L or NL currency though I only play NL
Have you tried a Bladesin (a.k.a. a throwing star ninja)? Never had the Wealth to build one, but it always sounded like a lot of fun.

All prices are negotiable.
All trades are Non-Ladder.
Cold bowazon, fire trapsin, kicksin, bladesin, ww sin,
Tornado
/
Hurricane
druid.
You can borrow my gears to try melee/bear sorc, auradin.

Relax and have fun!
(P8 builds)
Spearzon- you wont regret it. S tier along with java. You need Infinity
Spear
for it.
Geddon wolf- very fun and tanky. B tier but wrecks certin areas like
Tal Rasha
tombs,
Travincal
, wsk, ancients way... I think you have all the gear for this already.

I haven't tried auradin but I'm building one. You seem to have part of the runes required. It sounds like fun.
Same with throw barb.
I highly recommend Dragon paladin... I managed to acquire all the gear to make that this season in ladder and it rocks.

Another build I had a lot of fun with was a fire trap assassin using Flickering Flame, Phoenix shield, and Hand of Justice (though I haven't tried the build with the extra -fire of the Hand of Justice). Also very fun and different
Energyshield
Nova
sorc..
Griffon - Crescent Moon - Spirit and get 105% cast superfast farmer.

more expensive build is with Infinity instead of Crescent Moon + Spirit and lose even more resistances, also makes it harder to reach the 105% cast, and with a sunder
Crack of the Heavens
Illusions wrote: 1 year ago
Energyshield
Nova
sorc..
Griffon - Crescent Moon - Spirit and get 105% cast superfast farmer.

more expensive build is with Infinity instead of Crescent Moon + Spirit and lose even more resistances, also makes it harder to reach the 105% cast, and with a sunder
Crack of the Heavens
+1 for this build, i'm currently playing my sorc with this build after tried blizzard, lightning and somes hybrid build. Definitively no regrets, and i'm testing the Phoenix variante who is very tanky for a sorc :) I'm in love with sorc again !

Very fast, very nervous gameplay as i like it <3
You do have enough $$$ for a proper Tesladin that I highly recommend. I find it to be relaxing and pleasant to play, a rainbow to be had (no homo).
Coooley did a great one, check it here:

GLORY, GLORY, GLORIA,
GET READY FOR THE WAR!

Nate 541

Switch
That Brand wielding necro we were theory crafting a while back!

But also if you don’t have a self wielding Infinity
Nova
sorc that’s fun too
OP
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I am leaning towards some sort of self wield Infinity build but prefer Amazons to Sorcs in general so may try this Spearzon. Having said that, dual Dream has multiple purposes so that also appeals!

ShadowHeart 1844Moderator

Europe PC
Darbon wrote: 1 year ago
Kicksin with Lawbringer PB
I tried this briefly late last ladder. I had leveled up an assassin (SSF as a ladder start practice) and then swapped her to a kicksin with Lawbringer just to test the build as I pretty much had all the gear/runes needed already (except the MA charms, which I acquired - they were much cheaper last season than this, for some odd reason :P). I had a lot of fun with it, however brief the time I spent with her :)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
My profile says Ladder, but I play both Ladder and Non-Ladder.
OP
I love my Riftsin, what's so interesting about a kicker with Lawbringer? I actually have an
Eth
Stormlash
, been meaning to make a pure kicker at some point.

Europe PC
Lawbringer has -50% target defense (applies to any target, including bosses) which helps with charging up
Tiger Strike
, it carries
Sanctuary Aura
which ignores physical resistance of Undead (many physical immunes are Undead) and has a substantial chance to cast
Decrepify
which also helps with physical immune/resistances. The thing with
Dragon Tail
is that, IIRC, that the game calculates how much physical damage it would do to your main target (the one being kicked), then then adds the +Fire Damage from the skill itself based on that physical damage when determining the splash damage. So
Dragon Tail
, despite being Fire element, will do 0 damage to both your main target and all surrounding targets if your main target is a physical immune monster. As long as you can damage the main target with physical damage, the splash (explosion) damage is Fire and damage all surrounding targets normally (with Fire, so you need a Fire Sunder for that part to work against all monsters). I'm definitely not an expert on the subject, but this is my understanding of it :)

I'm in CET (Central European Time), so that's UTC+1 normally and UTC+2 during DST.
Kicksin is about using mainly (or only)
Dragon Talon
While using DT as finishing moves with
Charge
-up Skills, it is called Martial Art Sin.

Relax and have fun!

Europe PC
mockingbirdreal wrote: 1 year ago
Kicksin is about using mainly (or only)
Dragon Talon
While using DT as finishing moves with
Charge
-up Skills, it is called Martial Art Sin.
Ah, right, my apologies :) Not an Assassin expert, obviously.

Nate wrote: 1 year ago
That Brand wielding necro we were theory crafting a while back!
Could someone please post a link to the build?
A few from the top of my head. Apologies if already mentioned!

- Riftsin, riftadin (dtalon,
Zeal
+
Conviction
, ctc
Frozen Orb
)
- Bowsin (basically what it says, a bow wielding assassin - good choices are Buriza and
Widowmaker
- a lot of Venom, crush, OWs, some control from shadow skills and DS for clear).
..and essentially bow anything - Hunter druids (full summon, a lot of dex, good bow), Bow barbs (upped
Buriza-Do Kyanon
- not many options for any kind of AoE here - 400+ dex,
Howl
Taunt
Grim Ward
for control).

- Partial Trang-Oul's Avatar set is interesting, too - you can pick a full summon druid and help your pets with
Fire Wall
Giving partial TO set to a Singer barb would be cool. too - to complement physical damage from
War Cry
with
Fire Wall
- things are stunned and won't walk out of it.

- Immortal King Barb and M'avina's Battle Hymn Zon - shapeshifted. Just for the sake of it. You get a glowing non-druid bear, and a pretty tanky and stubborn character (barb is remarkably thicc).
- 3fpa bearsin - assuming attack speed calc for main hand hasn't been changed. You need, if I remember correctly, Artisan's
Feral Claws
of Quickness (3 Shaels to reach 100% wias).

Advertisment

Hide ads

Greetings stranger!

You don't appear to be logged in...